One human is more important than a million gorillas!

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Or so says Matt Walsh.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/one-human-is-more-important-than-a-million-gorillas-and-we-all-know-it/

If there were actually a million gorillas like this alive, I would agree. But with the level of extinction this animal faces, consider the impact on the food chain, the environment, and our entire ecosystem when animals cease to exist. Is one small child worth upsetting the balance of the entire planet?

Obviously the zoo did the right thing, and this small child's life should have been placed above the gorilla's. However, I do believe it saddens God to see us destroying the creatures and the land he gave us. I'm also certain he is sorry he gave that pathetic excuse of a mother the opportunity to "raise" a child.

redhead said:
If there were actually a million gorillas like this alive, I would agree. But with the level of extinction this animal faces, consider the impact on the food chain, the environment, and our entire ecosystem when animals cease to exist. Is one small child worth upsetting the balance of the entire planet?

Obviously the zoo did the right thing, and this small child's life should have been placed above the gorilla's. However, I do believe it saddens God to see us destroying the creatures and the land he gave us. I'm also certain he is sorry he gave that pathetic excuse of a mother the opportunity to "raise" a child.

God isn't nor needn't be "sorry" for anything.  And He certainly doesn't need your help deciding who is and isn't pathetic.

redhead said:
Obviously the zoo did the right thing, and this small child's life should have been placed above the gorilla's. However, I do believe it saddens God to see us destroying the creatures and the land he gave us.

And how does God feel if, through inaction, we allow one of those creatures to harm or kill a child who bears his image?

Ransom said:
redhead said:
Obviously the zoo did the right thing, and this small child's life should have been placed above the gorilla's. However, I do believe it saddens God to see us destroying the creatures and the land he gave us.

And how does God feel if, through inaction, we allow one of those creatures to harm or kill a child who bears his image?

We deserve it.

Climate change?

Duh.

;)

redhead said:
I'm also certain he is sorry he gave that pathetic excuse of a mother the opportunity to "raise" a child.

Did you never disobey your parents when they told you not to do something dangerous, just because you wanted to? Were your parents at fault?

Some idiots seem to believe that unless a mother is physically tethered to her child(ren) 24/7, she is a horrible horrible person. After growing up with overweening helicopter parents, today's social-justice losers think that's the norm.

God isn't nor needn't be "sorry" for anything.  And He certainly doesn't need your help deciding who is and isn't pathetic.
[/quote]

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Genesis 6:6

And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Luke 19:41

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

God DOES hurt when we sin. He also expects us to love and RAISE our children, and it saddens him when we don't.

The zoo should have had other precautionary measures in place so the entire thing could have been avoided. The perimeter should have been more secure and they should have had an emergency plan in place to save both the animal and person (maybe tranquilizer darts for the gorilla?). But in lieu of what they had in place, the saving of the child was the most important priority and they executed good judgement in the situation (no pun intended).

redhead said:

Wow... a bit of overstatement, here.

Even with this evolutionary-think, you are wrong.

The gorilla is a keystone specie in its environment (other animals depend on it). It does not mean that the entire ecosystem will cease to exist. It will not upset the balance of the entire planet. It will affect the lowlands. But, they will adapt as other keystone species have already gone extinct (e.g., dinosaurs).

The child ranks higher as a keystone specie. The fact that the gorilla was in the Chincinatti Zoo means that the human specie is working to restore the gorilla specie (not vice-versa).

Biblically, the human life takes precedent over animal life.

Smellin Coffee said:
The zoo should have had other precautionary measures in place so the entire thing could have been avoided. The perimeter should have been more secure and they should have had an emergency plan in place to save both the animal and person (maybe tranquilizer darts for the gorilla?).

My understanding is that the didn't use tranquilizer darts deliberately, because they don't take effect immediately and may upset the animal, which could potentially have led to more danger for the boy.

As this article on CNN points out, the existing barriers exceed what is required and the boy's breach of them is unprecedented. They should be given the benefit of the doubt; the boy obviously found a way through the barrier that escaped the notice of everyone, including the inspectors whose job it is to make sure those exploits don't exist.

The bottom line is, this incident isn't the fault of a negligent zoo or neglectful parenting. It's the fault of a four-year-old boy who did what four-year-old-boys do: he disobeyed his mother and ignored the danger warnings.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
The zoo should have had other precautionary measures in place so the entire thing could have been avoided. The perimeter should have been more secure and they should have had an emergency plan in place to save both the animal and person (maybe tranquilizer darts for the gorilla?).

My understanding is that the didn't use tranquilizer darts deliberately, because they don't take effect immediately and may upset the animal, which could potentially have led to more danger for the boy.

As this article on CNN points out, the existing barriers exceed what is required and the boy's breach of them is unprecedented. They should be given the benefit of the doubt; the boy obviously found a way through the barrier that escaped the notice of everyone, including the inspectors whose job it is to make sure those exploits don't exist.

The bottom line is, this incident isn't the fault of a negligent zoo or neglectful parenting. It's the fault of a four-year-old boy who did what four-year-old-boys do: he disobeyed his mother and ignored the danger warnings.

Perhaps.

Ransom said:

Yes, I agree.  God surely must feel bad now that we have killed another of his precious critters that bears his image!

Route_70 said:
Yes, I agree.  God surely must feel bad now that we have killed another of his precious critters that bears his image!

If by the "precious critter" you mean the gorilla, you should quit lying, because you don't agree.

Route_70 said:
Ransom said:

I'm confused: Are you implying that he DOESN'T care? He knows when the sparrow falls, he knows the number of  hairs on our heads. Yes, he cares about all his creatures!

Ransom said:
Route_70 said:

If by the "precious critter" you mean the gorilla, you should quit lying, because you don't agree.

By referencing the phrase "precious critter," I was referring to the Gorilla.  If the Gorilla had not been behind bars in the first place, this incident would not have happened.

Route_70 said:
Ransom said:
Route_70 said:

By referencing the phrase "precious critter," I was referring to the Gorilla.  If the Gorilla had not been behind bars in the first place, this incident would not have happened.

Could you explain to us how the gorilla bears "God's image"?  Thank you.

T-Bonehead said:

That's easy.  Explain how anyone or anything bears God's image, and there you have it.

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:

That's easy.  Explain how anyone or anything bears God's image, and there you have it.

Just finding out that you are an atheist, it doesn't surprise me that you would make such a statement.  You have no idea what the Scripture means when it speaks of being made in the image of God... nor can you.  I will try to refrain asking you a question based in a book you cannot comprehend, and do not believe.

T-Bonehead said:
I will try to refrain asking you a question based in a book you cannot comprehend, and do not believe.

Just so that there is no misunderstanding, I know and understand the Bible more than you and everyone on this forum put together times 10.

I love the Bible and study it regularly.  You should read some of the stuff I have written.  For instance:

https://cabinwilderness.wordpress.com/the-biblical-perspective/

Route_70 said:
T-Bonehead said:
I will try to refrain asking you a question based in a book you cannot comprehend, and do not believe.

Just so that there is no misunderstanding, I know and understand the Bible more than you and everyone on this forum put together times 10.

I love the Bible and study it regularly.  You should read some of the stuff I have written.  For instance:

https://cabinwilderness.wordpress.com/the-biblical-perspective/

Once again, its not a contest...and there is no way you can make such a statement.  But I can make this statement, since you don't believe in God, you don't have the Holy Spirit...since you don't have the Holy Spirit you cannot comprehend the things of God, nor can you understand His Word.  That is about as simple as I can make it for you.  That is not my words, but come from a book you neither know nor can you comprehend.