One human is more important than a million gorillas!

Route_70 said:
Ransom said:
If by the "precious critter" you mean the gorilla, you should quit lying, because you don't agree.

By referencing the phrase "precious critter," I was referring to the Gorilla.

Then I'm sure you can figure out the rest of the syllogism all by yourself.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
The zoo should have had other precautionary measures in place so the entire thing could have been avoided. The perimeter should have been more secure and they should have had an emergency plan in place to save both the animal and person (maybe tranquilizer darts for the gorilla?).

My understanding is that the didn't use tranquilizer darts deliberately, because they don't take effect immediately and may upset the animal, which could potentially have led to more danger for the boy.

As this article on CNN points out, the existing barriers exceed what is required and the boy's breach of them is unprecedented. They should be given the benefit of the doubt; the boy obviously found a way through the barrier that escaped the notice of everyone, including the inspectors whose job it is to make sure those exploits don't exist.

The bottom line is, this incident isn't the fault of a negligent zoo or neglectful parenting. It's the fault of a four-year-old boy who did what four-year-old-boys do: he disobeyed his mother and ignored the danger warnings.

While I agree with you 100%, can a 4 year old really be expected to fully comprehend and understand "danger warnings?" I'm trying to think back to when I was 4 (although that's quite a ways back to try and remember LOL), but I'm pretty sure my idea of danger was different than it was as I got older. But you are definitely right, he shouldn't have disobeyed his mother to begin with.

If the chick would have just left him alone...

ac94f000647aed4ad57ed43f70cbf375.jpg

HeDied4U said:
While I agree with you 100%, can a 4 year old really be expected to fully comprehend and understand "danger warnings?"

I'm pretty sure that at 4, I had a pretty good idea why zoo animals were kept in cages.

Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:
While I agree with you 100%, can a 4 year old really be expected to fully comprehend and understand "danger warnings?"

I'm pretty sure that at 4, I had a pretty good idea why zoo animals were kept in cages.

Yeah but that was before the dumbing down to the place where our only choices for President are Hillary & the Donald!

T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:

Yeah but that was before the dumbing down to the place where our only choices for President are Hillary & the Donald!

Did Gary Johnson drop out of the race??

Oh, you meant the only choices with a chance of winning. Gotchya!! ;)

;D

If a gorilla throws her baby on stage during a concert, will the security guards shoot Lady Gaga?

Tim said:
Ransom said:
Tim said:
David French

HA HA HA
HA HA HA
HA HA HA
HA Ha
Ha ha ha
ha ha
hee
OK . . . sure . . .

Would they call it the "French Administration" ?

All public statements would require the assumption that they were said tongue in cheek.  8)

Tim said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:

David French

Who?

T-Bone said:
Tim said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:

David French

Who?

What?

subllibrm said:
T-Bone said:
Tim said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:

David French

Who?

What?

Where?

T-Bone said:
subllibrm said:
T-Bone said:
Tim said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:

David French

Who?

What?

Where?

The real question is:

HOW?

Tarheel Baptist said:
T-Bone said:
subllibrm said:
T-Bone said:
Tim said:
T-Bone said:
Ransom said:
HeDied4U said:

David French

Who?

What?

Where?

The real question is:

HOW?
When?

earnestly contend