Our Tom Brennan Got Featured on SFL

subllibrm said:
ALAYMAN said:
More much ado about nothing, all for the cause of gore the ox of your enemy.

So you are for endangering the lives of innocent children.

Isn't that how the game is played?

Someone says that they cannot make scripture condemn alcohol and the response is "you must love to get drunk". If you aren't fully militantly against it then you must be in support of it unreservedly. See also, Frag.
This ^^^ Chris is the "spirit " of the thread

Matthew1323 said:
I think that I may have also heard that one of the tires of the van may have been underinflated, or maybe overinflated by a pound or two.  :eek:

Did you hear that there weren't enough seat belts for all the passengers?

Tim said:
rsc2a said:
Matthew1323 said:
I think that I may have also heard that one of the tires of the van may have been underinflated, or maybe overinflated by a pound or two.  :eek:

Did you hear that there weren't enough seat belts for all the passengers?

They may have double buckled. Two 120lb people would be the same as one 240lb. So. What is the difference? LOL
Well... If it was dorm supes, that idea would be out the window.

subllibrm said:
So you are for endangering the lives of innocent children.

In the name of religious liberty! You can't have the gummint telling people to put their seat belts on. Next thing you know they'll be rolling in with their tanks and Koreshing the place.

Tim said:
They may have double buckled. Two 120lb people would be the same as one 240lb. So. What is the difference? LOL

Was there enough room to slip a hymnal between them, or do we have to assume there was sex going on?

rsc2a said:
http://www.stufffundieslike.com/2015/10/safety-scofflaws-because-soulwinning/#comments

In case you are wondering and don't want to click the linky, he wrote this Facebook post:

17 people in a 15 passenger van for soul winning makes for an interesting ride. Especially when I drive fast over the speedbumps...

<evil laugh>

Tom - I'm trying to figure out...how is endangering the lives of others and breaking the law in accordance with the call to follow Christ?

If ur really really really really looking and really trying to find something on him and ALL you can find is this.............................................. I'd say he's not doing to bad.

You gonna have to keep digging I guess.

Smellin Coffee said:
Would there be the same criticism of Pastor Brennan if he had that many homeless people he was rounding up to take to dinner? Probably not.

I disagree with him on so much but in reality, I really don't know why this is such a big deal...

If y'all are criticizing for the sake of criticizing, might want to take a look at your motives.

You ask why,  PWAAAAHAAAAA. PWAAAAAAAHAAA.

Tom hasn't had this much attention since he wrote a pamphlet.

I applaud Tom for treating adults like adults. If they felt the situation was dangerous they could have declined the ride. As to those crying that it was unsafe, mind your own business and let other adults make their own decisions regarding personal safety.

If you want to disagree with Tom on matters of faith and practice have at it. But the criticisms rendered in this thread have been nothing but nanny-state whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samspade said:
I applaud Tom for treating adults like adults.

Adults drive fast over speed bumps to surprise/annoy/rearrange their passengers?

While I'm sorry that this happened to Tom...

I don't have any problem with the speed bump comment -- anyone could have made that.

But in our litigious society, it probably wasn't wise to mention on public media that they had more people in the van than it was designed to hold.  That's just inviting trouble... although I think people who obsess over such things would do better to go to Central America to fix the problems there than bother someone with 1 or 2  people over the  limit.

My question is:  why is his church using a 15 passenger van instead of a cutaway bus..they are much safer.

Bill 

Who gives a crap what he drives or how fast he drives over anything?

Y'all are really working over time trying to find something on this guy, pathetic.

FTR, Tom is in a neighborhood where you wouldn't drive over 25 between the speed humps anyway.

There are 2 per city block.

The reality of anyone actually being in danger, is laughable.

3 weeks ago, I was a block or 2 over from their church, and I didn't see the next speed hump (Chicago's word for them).
I might have been doing 22, and it felt like I drove off of a cliff.

Yeah, this is much ado about nothing, honestly.

Earnestly Contend

prophet said:
FTR, Tom is in a neighborhood where you wouldn't drive over 25 between the speed humps anyway.

3 weeks ago, I was a block or 2 over from their church, and I didn't see the next speed hump (Chicago's word for them).

Earnestly Contend

He also had more passengers than seat belts.

Like I said on another thread, the pastor is who called to be an example to the flock in his submission to the earthly authorities who deliberately disobeyed well known traffic laws thereby putting his members at greater risk of physical harm who then turned around and bragged about it on social media.

Put 8 black teenagers in a Honda Civic, and I'll bet quite a few people dismissing this incident would look at it differently.

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. (?Romans? ?13?:?2? KJV)

aleshanee said:
alright... that;s it!

tom brennan..... report to jail!............. go directly to jail.........
...no passing go and don;t even think about collecting 200 dollars!..........  :mad:

you have been found t-totally guilty by a jury of your.... [size=12pt]ummmm, fellow forumites....  ??? ...they have charged and condemned you of a least a dozen different kinds of wanton abuse and endangerment... and now you have even been judged worthy of the D word!!
[/size]

wow....  ???... i sure am thankful i;m not you tom brennan.......  :-\...... maybe the prison warden will let you drive a lunch wagon around the exercise yard from time to time.... but for now your 15 passenger van driving days in the free world are...OVER!

:p  ;)  ;D

8)

disclaimer - this has been a free public service message for the benefit of all current, past and future riders in overloaded 15 passenger vans..... it has no legal power at all and is in no way, form or fashion intended to be taken seriously...... unless of course one of those passengers of said overloaded van actually files a formal complaint.... in that case this notice will still have no legal power and nor will it have a ounce of seriousness..... but somewhere... someone... somehow... in some other authorative capacity will know exactly what to do..... .. we hope..... :-\

CLASSIC!!!!

rsc2a said:
prophet said:

Earnestly Contend

Like I said on another thread, the pastor is who called to be an example to the flock in his submission to the earthly authorities who deliberately disobeyed well known traffic laws thereby putting his members at greater risk of physical harm who then turned around and bragged about it on social media.

Put 8 black teenagers in a Honda Civic, and I'll bet quite a few people dismissing this incident would look at it differently.

Dude, fo realz, chill out, if Tom was a home church guy and not IFB this would not be a story.

It's really STUPID!

Stupid like the guy that wouldn't take his wife home from church because he arrived without her. This is the same level of stupidity, really.

Smh

Bruh said:
rsc2a said:
prophet said:

Earnestly Contend

Dude, fo realz, chill out, if Tom was a home church guy and not IFB this would not be a story.

It's really STUPID!

Stupid like the guy that wouldn't take his wife home from church because he arrived without her. This is the same level of stupidity, really.

Smh

Silly goose. Home churches don't have vans!

rsc2a said:
prophet said:

Earnestly Contend

I have no idea what response you are trying to evoke by mentioning Blacks in a Honda, so I'll have to let someone who "gets it" answer.

1. What I was explaining, or trying to, was: that you can hardly get a van up to 20 m.p.h. leaving Tom's church in any direction.
2. I doubt he drove more than a couple of blocks, at under 20, before someone was dropped. His church is in a neighborhood.
3. The idea that anyone was at risk of any physical harm, is laughable, since the speed humps won't allow anyone to generate enough momentum to cause a serious accident.
4. This day and age, the internet prolly ain't the place to joke about violating the Nazi regime's policies

Earnestly Contend