Pastor Max Lucado Baffled Over Evangelical Trump Supporters

Ransom said:
Just John said:
Trump, above all others going after the white, conservative evangelical voter is a phony when it comes to his Christianity as evidenced by his own words. His actions on a consistent basis certainly do not lend credence to his claim. IMO Lucado isn't speaking to those who would vote for Hillary or Sanders. Those people don't listen to him or read his books.

You'll have to excuse Yeezy. As a card-carrying Trump Chump, he believes the "But Mommy, they're doing it too!" defense actually vindicates his lord and saviour.

There you go. You have a Canadian weighing on a American issue.... claiming Trump is my "lord and saviour". Notice the King Jimmie spelling....

Go back to England and swear loyalty to your Queen.

I have only ONE Savior and its not Trump. I have said before and I'll say it again. I hope he BLOWS THE WHOLE THING UP. Its not so much about Trump as it is about I want those LIARS in Washington to SUFFER.

I'm not voting for a Pastor. I'm not even trying to vote for a hero. I'm voting for real CHANGE. Not the same old same old with a different name.

praise_yeshua said:
How difficult is this for you to understand. He LIED when he said it was the reason he spoke up. It wasn't the reason he SPOKE up. He's too smart to forget that everyone else I mentioned said they were Christians.

If you're trying to deny that you define "lied" as "said less than I wish he said," you're doing a really poor job of it.

praise_yeshua said:
I'm voting for real CHANGE.

Because that worked out so well the last time. Your 40-minute memory span is acting up again.

Ransom said:
praise_yeshua said:
I'm voting for real CHANGE.

Because that worked out so well the last time. Your 40-minute memory span is acting up again.

I voted for McCain and Romney. My memory is fine.

I'm through with the Republican party. This will be my last vote as a Republican.

praise_yeshua said:
Just John said:
praise_yeshua said:
Ransom said:
praise_yeshua said:
Lucado LIED when he decided to focus upon one candidate.... IGNORING... all the others.

So that's how you define a lie? No wonder you seem to throw the word around with so little care as to its actual meaning.

Lucado lied and said the only reason he spoke up was because Trump called himself a Christian.

Billary has done the same. Obama has done the same. Cruz has done the same....

Read a little would you? Lucado ignored all the other candidates that used the label "Christian" to pander...

Trump, above all others going after the white, conservative evangelical voter is a phony when it comes to his Christianity as evidenced by his own words. His actions on a consistent basis certainly do not lend credence to his claim. IMO Lucado isn't speaking to those who would vote for Hillary or Sanders. Those people don't listen to him or read his books.

So Lucado was speaking to voters? He was bashing Trump across the board.

Who do YOU think he was talking to? Trying to convince Trump he's a jerk? HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

That's has about as much of a chance of teaching you communication skills.

praise_yeshua said:
I'm through with the Republican party. This will be my last vote as a Republican.

Ah . . . so your voting strategy is "attempt to screw over the entire country, then drop out."

You're a model citizen!

I will voted for Cruz because his views are closest to mine.

In the general election I will vote for Trump because his views will be far closer to mine than Hillary or Bernie.

I think Jimmy Carter was a better Christian (church attendance & testimony ect.) than Reagan but Reagan stood for Christian views and values. I would take Reagan's views any day. I'm not voting for my new pastor I'm voting for a politician.

sword said:

In the general election I will vote for Trump because his views will be far closer to mine than Hillary or Bernie.

I think Jimmy Carter was a better Christian (church attendance & testimony ect.) than Reagan but Reagan stood for Christian views and values. I would take Reagan's views any day. I'm not voting for my new pastor I'm voting for a politician.

Why not vote for someone else who you could agree with?  There will be more than two candidates.

Just John said:
praise_yeshua said:
Just John said:
praise_yeshua said:
Ransom said:
praise_yeshua said:
Lucado LIED when he decided to focus upon one candidate.... IGNORING... all the others.

So that's how you define a lie? No wonder you seem to throw the word around with so little care as to its actual meaning.

Lucado lied and said the only reason he spoke up was because Trump called himself a Christian.

Billary has done the same. Obama has done the same. Cruz has done the same....

Read a little would you? Lucado ignored all the other candidates that used the label "Christian" to pander...

So Lucado was speaking to voters? He was bashing Trump across the board.

Who do YOU think he was talking to? Trying to convince Trump he's a jerk? HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

That's has about as much of a chance of teaching you communication skills.

As a "minister", I'd hope he was appealing for Trump to change.... MORE SO than to just bash a lowly sinner.

I don't expect anything less from him now. Which is one of the reason I stop following him.

Two of Donald Trump's 3 wives, Ivana and Melania, illustrate that immigrants will tackle jobs native born Americans are reluctant to do...

Tarheel Baptist said:
Two of Donald Trump's 3 wives, Ivana and Melania, illustrate that immigrants will tackle jobs native born Americans are reluctant to do...

That was horrible.... Funny... but horrible. :)

Trump did marry Marla. She's going to be on "dancing with the stars" now...

Its the gift that keeps on giving....

sword said:

Totally agree. I don't really care if the man I vote for is a believer or not. But I expect him to have some shred of character. That is why it will be very hard for me to vote for Trump. I'm not sure I will. I have always given people a hard time about considering a third-party vote but this  would be the first time since I began voting that I would  knowingly have to consider a vote for a man with very poor character with at least lip-service to some of what I believe vs. someone with poor character and very few things I believe. Some policy issues I can disagree on but character is pretty important.

Just John said:
sword said:

Totally agree. I don't really care if the man I vote for is a believer or not. But I expect him to have some shred of character. That is why it will be very hard for me to vote for Trump. I'm not sure I will. I have always given people a hard time about considering a third-party vote but this  would be the first time since I began voting that I would  knowingly have to consider a vote for a man with very poor character with at least lip-service to some of what I believe vs. someone with poor character and very few things I believe. Some policy issues I can disagree on but character is pretty important.

Yeah... go ahead an do what the white working class did to Romney in 2012.