2cpbzg7.jpg

2zoxg8g.jpg

v4x84n.jpg

152cq9x.jpg

2qltmrk.jpg

2dh9uuw.jpg

2lbyjc7.jpg

295e13o.jpg

Well put it out there and we all can do the math for you.    ;)

or let me try:

1 horn,  oops, I mean hot to trot pastor

1 "belle"

1 bazillion texts  all getting more and more pointed

1 letter admitting the text but with no malice in them

1 bunch of yes men called deacons at WHBC

equals 1 church I would run from as fast as I could and never look back

Too many holes. Too many deleted texts. My gut tells me there has been a lot of pruning here to make it look more one-sided. I pray that I'm wrong.

Don't know the hapless young lady, and only know Thomas from a good distance, so, I can't be sure...just a nagging feeling. As I said, just not adding up in my mind.

Maybe I watch too much NCIS? Am I becoming Jethro?

800172_1330210321208_300_300.jpg

Citadel of Truth said:
Too many holes. Too many deleted texts. My gut tells me there has been a lot of pruning here to make it look more one-sided. I pray that I'm wrong.

Don't know the hapless young lady, and only know Thomas from a good distance, so, I can't be sure...just a nagging feeling. As I said, just not adding up in my mind.

Maybe I watch too much NCIS? Am I becoming Jethro?

800172_1330210321208_300_300.jpg

Im sorry but what in here does not add up?? What "holes"?? You're right in that it is a one-sided conversation.

To me it is a little disturbing with his comments about her being like a daughter to him.

These text were considered an inappropriate conversation with a married man implying there were other motives behind the discussion, building confidence and trust to use for his own lustful desires.

If he acts this way towards a girl that he wants to treat like his daughters what is he doing with his daughters?

privateuser said:
Im sorry but what in here does not add up?? What "holes"?? You're right in that it is a one-sided conversation.

Please, my friend, don't be sorry, and please don't take it personally. There are just a few things that don't quite seem right to me.

For example, why would this lady not turn her phone off at night or at least simply not respond to his texts late at night? If she felt the least bit uncomfortable, she simply could have thrown in a "I'll let your wife know we talked..." Thomas would have quickly moved on to easier prey.

Another red flag was the text above where Thomas asked her if she knew what "Belle" meant. She looked it up and exclaimed "It means beautiful *****!" He responds with "That's it. You are." and then the texts end for the night??? No way...Thomas would have more to say. The young lady would have, more than likely, thanked him for the compliment. Thomas would not have ended on that note in my most humble opinion. My gut tells me that texts have been deleted to make it look more one-sided.

Again, I sincerely pray that I'm wrong. 

Citadel of Truth said:
privateuser said:

Please, my friend, don't be sorry, and please don't take it personally. There are just a few things that don't quite seem right to me.

For example, why would this lady not turn her phone off at night or at least simply not respond to his texts late at night? If she felt the least bit uncomfortable, she simply could have thrown in a "I'll let your wife know we talked..." Thomas would have quickly moved on to easier prey.

Another red flag was the text above where Thomas asked her if she knew what "Belle" meant. She looked it up and exclaimed "It means beautiful *****!" He responds with "That's it. You are." and then the texts end for the night??? No way...Thomas would have more to say. The young lady would have, more than likely, thanked him for the compliment. Thomas would not have ended on that note in my most humble opinion. My gut tells me that texts have been deleted to make it look more one-sided.

Again, I sincerely pray that I'm wrong.

Because if you don't respond to someone like this, all you get is more texts and more concerns...more calls into the office. Accusing a pastor of something like this a big deal. Most people fear they wont have enough proof. (which is what this whole situation proves to be true. You have to have more proof) And that's why the conversation kept going. There's just not enough proof. If you didn't want to get kicked out of college and made to look like a fool, you would have kept responding too.

as for the fast end of conversation. If you don't notice in most of the conversation, Tom gets a short answer just enough to satisfy and secure that she wont get badgered with "are you ok???!!! you seem quiet!"

If you saw ALL of the text messages, you would see that he doesn't always tell her goodnight. Some just end like this.

You are being fair in your concerns Citadel and I appreciate that.  I do not speak for the young lady either and only she could answer your mentioned concern about it stopping in an awkward spot.  I personally think it was an awkward ending as she probably felt strange and did not respond back to him because of that. And he waited to see if she would.  He probably realized right then that he over stepped his bounds but let it ride thinking he will see tomorrow.  Also if you look at the text right after that is the next morning him texting her.  Notice the line across for the next day. That is in the middle of the screen and I do not think editing out any further text from the night before could be done so seamlessly.  But I am not an Iphone guru.

Also I would have to agree this is not all the text as a whole.  I am willing to bet there are some things she is keeping out of the public light.  And Tommy boy wants all of it out of the public light for sure!!

privateuser said:
Because if you don't respond to someone like this, all you get is more texts and more concerns...more calls into the office.

I understand that. I would guess it was better to keep him at a distance  texting than to be in his office. I wonder why the frequent calls to his office didn't raise any red flags with the secretaries. Was he texting them too?

Accusing a pastor of something like this a big deal. Most people fear they wont have enough proof. (which is what this whole situation proves to be true. You have to have more proof) And that's why the conversation kept going. There's just not enough proof.

The Jethro in me can't help but think that this lady could have gotten Thomas to say plenty to incriminate himself. A simple, "Pastor, I've noticed you looking at me at times. What are you thinking when you look at me?" That's an innocent and valid question. Thomas would have blubbered all kinds of romantic jargon because the whoremonger in him would have seen that as the red light he'd been waiting for.

If you didn't want to get kicked out of college and made to look like a fool, you would have kept responding too.

I'm not a woman, so I cannot even pretend to know how I would have responded. I can't help but feel that if she would have told him the truth when he asked, "I hope you don't mind..." or "Will you humor me treating you as a daughter?" She could have said, "Pastor, I'm just not comfortable with that" that he would have moved on. One would think she could have said, "It doesn't feel right when you call me 'Belle.' That's something a husband should only say to his wife." That's just too much trouble for a predator.

as for the fast end of conversation. If you don't notice in most of the conversation, Tom gets a short answer just enough to satisfy and secure that she wont get badgered with "are you ok???!!! you seem quiet!"

That's why I would have shut the phone off, and then waited to turn it on when Thomas' wife was close by. "My, look at all these texts coming in! Wow, Mrs. Vineyard, they're all from Pastor...I hope everything is okay!" She would have been very interested I'd think. 

If you saw ALL of the text messages, you would see that he doesn't always tell her goodnight. Some just end like this.

I imagine that's about the time his wife comes to bed or at least enters the room.

privateuser, please don't take this personally. I am not attacking this poor lady. I haven't walked in her shoes. I cannot even hope to know what I would have done in her situation. I'm just voicing a couple of concerns that just didn't seem to fit in the puzzle.

Just me said:
Also if you look at the text right after that is the next morning him texting her.  Notice the line across for the next day. That is in the middle of the screen and I do not think editing out any further text from the night before could be done so seamlessly.  But I am not an Iphone guru.

1. These are clearly not from an iPhone, unless it's the most heavily modified iPhone of all time.
2. You would not edit the photos on your phone. You would transfer them to a computer to edit them.
3. Editing them would be ridiculously easy.
4. If you can't edit them (don't have the skill/time/whatever), you could probably find someone online to edit them for $5.
5. If you want to ignore 1-4, the easiest way to edit them would be to delete the messages, then take a screenshot.

Citadel of Truth said:
That's why I would have shut the phone off, and then waited to turn it on when Thomas' wife was close by. "My, look at all these texts coming in! Wow, Mrs. Vineyard, they're all from Pastor...I hope everything is okay!" She would have been very interested I'd think. 

I don't see anywhere where he sent more than two unanswered texts (some look like one but they were possibly long enough to be two or three, I'm not counting characters to check.) So there is no evidence, at least here, that he sent a bunch of unanswered texts.

Also, I don't know any college student who considers 11PM late at night, especially not if you get off work at 10.

I'm not trying to imply anything or argue with anyone, only pointing out facts, except for the late night thing, that's an opinion, but I think a well educated one. You could say it's "late" for a pastor to be texting her, but I wouldn't say that she's "texing late at night." In college that's like 2-3AM.

Wait... there are other phones besides Iphones???

whoda thunk?

Indifference engine said:
Citadel of Truth said:

I don't see anywhere where he sent more than two unanswered texts (some look like one but they were possibly long enough to be two or three, I'm not counting characters to check.) So there is no evidence, at least here, that he sent a bunch of unanswered texts.

Also, I don't know any college student who considers 11PM late at night, especially not if you get off work at 10.

I'm not trying to imply anything or argue with anyone, only pointing out facts, except for the late night thing, that's an opinion, but I think a well educated one. You could say it's "late" for a pastor to be texting her, but I wouldn't say that she's "texing late at night." In college that's like 2-3AM.

Pastor had no business texting her or anyone as these text show. Whether or not the person responded.  He had no business saying the things he said in the text, period.  Has nothing to do with her responding or not responding.  Especially when we all know not responding goes against everything IFB teaches in terms of obeying authority.  The young lady was doing as she was programed to do by these IFB men who abuse their position with an unScriptural teaching on authority..

Stupid argument.  Just saying and it is nothing personal against you Indifference engine as you are not the first to imply these things.

You could say it's "late" for a pastor to be texting her, but I wouldn't say that she's "texing late at night." In college that's like 2-3AM.
[/quote]

Its considered late when the college staff has threatened to kick any student out of school who is caught texting the oposite sex after 10pm

Just me said:
Citadel of Truth said:

Pastor had no business texting her or anyone as these text show. Whether or not the person responded.  He had no business saying the things he said in the text, period.  Has nothing to do with her responding or not responding.  Especially when we all know not responding goes against everything IFB teaches in terms of obeying authority.  The young lady was doing as she was programed to do by these IFB men who abuse their position with an unScriptural teaching on authority..

Stupid argument.  Just saying and it is nothing personal against you Indifference engine as you are not the first to imply these things.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I don't care enough to clarify, other than to say i was NOT sticking up for the pastor and I'm not ok with what he did. I had a hard time reading these texts because previously posted texts have come pretty close to making me sick.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I don't care enough to clarify, other than to say i was NOT sticking up for the pastor and I'm not ok with what he did. I had a hard time reading these texts because previously posted texts have come pretty close to making me sick.

It's all good.  Nothing personal to you meant at all.

No the idiot pastor, that is different.

TruthBearer said:
To me it is a little disturbing with his comments about her being like a daughter to him.

These text were considered an inappropriate conversation with a married man implying there were other motives behind the discussion, building confidence and trust to use for his own lustful desires.

If he acts this way towards a girl that he wants to treat like his daughters what is he doing with his daughters?

I just took that as he wanted her to trust him and tell him things like his own daughters might.  He wanted to be close to her like he presumably is to his daughters.

The problem is, as a married man, and as an older man, you just CANNOT do that with a younger women.  It can be totally innocent, but it just looks WRONG... I know a man who enjoys children's films.  However, he never goes by himself because he is afraid that people will think he is only going there to pick up young children.  When his own kids didn't want to go any longer, he would take his friend's kids to the movies.  To the best of my knowledge, it has always been complete innocent - he just enjoys films made for children.  But, there are just something you cannot do.

It is the same with any kind of relationship with between an older man and a young woman... Friendship is possible, but there are things one does not do.

Walt said:
TruthBearer said:

I just took that as he wanted her to trust him and tell him things like his own daughters might.  He wanted to be close to her like he presumably is to his daughters.

The problem is, as a married man, and as an older man, you just CANNOT do that with a younger women.  It can be totally innocent, but it just looks WRONG... I know a man who enjoys children's films.  However, he never goes by himself because he is afraid that people will think he is only going there to pick up young children.  When his own kids didn't want to go any longer, he would take his friend's kids to the movies.  To the best of my knowledge, it has always been complete innocent - he just enjoys films made for children.  But, there are just something you cannot do.

It is the same with any kind of relationship with between an older man and a young woman... Friendship is possible, but there are things one does not do.

It could be that he just wanted to have an "adopted daughter" type relationship and it could of all been innocent. I myself have three girls I consider "adopted daughters" which I have a relationship where I treat these girls as a daughter. One big difference though my wife is involved with everything I do with them and their parent(s) knows everything I do with them nothing is secret and we have boundaries.

If I ever make arrangements to meet with one of my adopted daughters I ask their parent(s) to ask them what time would be good to provide them with the help they need. These girls are all of age too, not minors but they are half my age.

As you said in this day and age there are just some things that you cannot do as an older man with a younger woman and not expect people to think there is something more going on, or give the appearance of evil. I Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil, was put there for a reason and should be adhered to especially by a church leader.

With the history of Vineyard infidelity (JAV and Paul) it is safe to assume that with Tommy Boy this was not meant to be innocent.