Pastor Wilkerson apologizes.

Straining out gnats and swallowing camels as usual! How about an apology for all of the sexual predators that FBCH/HAC has unleashed during its existence???

I was hoping that John Wilkerson would be different from those who preceded him but fat chance on that!

Straining out gnats and swallowing camels as usual! How about an apology for all of the sexual predators that FBCH/HAC has unleashed during its existence???

I was hoping that John Wilkerson would be different from those who preceded him but fat chance on that!
Thats what I'm waiting for apology for I believe he's controlled by the deacons...sad and I'm deleting all of hac/fbc

It's so stupid and stilted for these people to be so stilted that they can't take the information given by someone over hair and a Bible translation. I've seen so much of it, and it makes me want to hurl my cookies! I'm so tired of the "fundy" crowd trying to limit the Holy Spirit and his work to their very closed ideological beliefs. They can't back up half of the crap they spew, and it's horrendously crazy to get so upset over something so stupid. I truly believed John Wilkerson would be so much better than his predecessors, but, I see that isn't going to be the case. Sad. Very sad indeed~!

Someone like Wilkerson will take heat from both sides no matter what he does.

He has to avoid the wrong perception of pastors or they will no longer send their kids to their college.

I believe he is trying to do the right thing in an impossible situation.

If you profess to be KJV Only, then it's best not to have someone in who uses something different.

If you profess to believe multiple versions then it's best not to have someone in your pulpit who is KJVO and if they preached a KJV Only message you would correct it when he left and apologize. Makes perfect sense to me. It's a matter of perspective. I read books from people from other groups, but would not have them preach at our church. Once again it's all a matter of perception.

Would you have an unsaved Muslim speak in your Baptist Church if he was an anthropologist and the undisputed expert on life in bible times. Not likely, but you might read his non-fiction book about the issue.

Last edited:

He has to avoid the wrong perception of pastors or they will no longer send their kids to their college.

I heard some of the dialogue regarding what the FBCH pastoral search committee was looking for. They were adamant about having someone who was a HAC grad who would "Toe the Line" and stick to the "Old Paths" of brother Hyles!

Looks like John Wilkerson was just the "Yes Man" and "Sock Puppet" they were looking for! Reason #348756 why this place is corrupt to the core!

I think he's trying to be a man-pleaser.

There was presumably some demand for a creation talk, so he brought in some guest speakers whom I presume have some expertise on the topic. That was the right thing.

Giving air to petty complaints about hair and Bible translations by people who probably hadn't the understanding to address what they actually said wasn't the right thing. The right thing to do with such people is smile, shake their hands, thank them for their views, and move on. "Answer not a fool according to his folly" (Prov. 26:4).

I think he's trying to be a man-pleaser.

There was presumably some demand for a creation talk, so he brought in some guest speakers whom I presume have some expertise on the topic. That was the right thing.

Giving air to petty complaints about hair and Bible translations by people who probably hadn't the understanding to address what they actually said wasn't the right thing. The right thing to do with such people is smile, shake their hands, thank them for their views, and move on. "Answer not a fool according to his folly" (Prov. 26:4).
Eventually, that strips of legalistic, man centered religion will die. But Orthodox, God centered, grace filled, true gospel preaching churches will continue.

I don't know anything about him or the state of that church now, but can you imagine the pressure on him - taking over a cesspool like that, pastoring a church as infamous as that one, filling one of the most famous and controversial pulpits in America.

It seems like NO MATTER WHAT he does, someone will have something to say.

I don't know anything about him or the state of that church now, but can you imagine the pressure on him - taking over a cesspool like that, pastoring a church as infamous as that one, filling one of the most famous and controversial pulpits in America.

It seems like NO MATTER WHAT he does, someone will have something to say.
He could've said "NO THANKS!" He was already pastoring a Baptist Mega-Church in Long Beach, CA.

That's true.

He could've said "NO THANKS!" He was already pastoring a Baptist Mega-Church in Long Beach, CA.
It wasn't a 'mega church.' It was large, but not in the thousands. They probably ran 7-900 on Sunday morning unless they had the same staff counting numbers that we had at our church in So Cal! :ROFLMAO: I would sit there in our church and count the numbers as best I could and it would consistently come to 40% less than the numbers seen at the teachers meeting sheet at 5PM.

It wasn't a 'mega church.' It was large, but not in the thousands. They probably ran 7-900 on Sunday morning unless they had the same staff counting numbers that we had at our church in So Cal! :ROFLMAO: I would sit there in our church and count the numbers as best I could and it would consistently come to 40% less than the numbers seen at the teachers meeting sheet at 5PM.
They were pretty "Mega" to me as I recall! Last time I was there was back in the late 80s during a "Wally Beebe Bus Conference" and the facilities were quite impressive as I recall. Definitely the largest church in the Long Beach area. Larry Chappell (Paul Chappell's dad) was pastor at the time and Paul Chappell had recently become pastor of Lancaster Baptist. I'm sure attendance shrank down some after the back to back adulterous affairs of first the father (Larry) then the son (Mark). Yes, FBCH is (or was) much larger in comparison and I guess Wilkerson is uniquely gifted in cleaning up the messes of prior pastors who were unable to keep their pants zipped.

If you profess to be KJV Only then it's best not to have someone in who uses something different.

If you profess to believe multiple verions then it's best not to have someone in your pulpit who is KJVO and if they preached a KJV Only message you would correct it when he left and appoligize. Makes perfect sense to me. It's a matter of perspective. I read books from people from other groups, but would not have them preach at our church. Once again it's all a matter of perception.

Would you have an unsaved Muslam speak in your Baptist Church if he was an anthropologist and the undisputed expert on life in bible times. Not likely, but you might read his non-fiction book about the issue.
Were you ever on staff at HAC? Just curious. By the way, spell check is helpful.

They were pretty "Mega" to me as I recall! Last time I was there was back in the late 80s during a "Wally Beebe Bus Conference" and the facilities were quite impressive as I recall. Definitely the largest church in the Long Beach area. Larry Chappell (Paul Chappell's dad) was pastor at the time and Paul Chappell had recently become pastor of Lancaster Baptist. I'm sure attendance shrank down some after the back to back adulterous affairs of first the father (Larry) then the son (Mark). Yes, FBCH is (or was) much larger in comparison and I guess Wilkerson is uniquely gifted in cleaning up the messes of prior pastors who were unable to keep their pants zipped.
I went to school with Wally Beebe's daughter. It's a small world.

I am very disappointed in Bro. Wilkerson never helped Joy Evans . Never met with the lady who came to speak with him about her abuse from Let us prey. I deleted all my contacts

It was much larger in the Larry Chappell days. But when I went to visit around 2000, it was a shell of what it had used to be.