Paul, Apostle of Christ -- Forthcoming Movie

Tarheel Baptist said:
samspade said:
Smelling, I agree with you that racism is the US original sin. I also agree that much of the evangelical circle you?ve been a part of has been an active participant. However, the brush you paint with is too broad.

What do you do with a church like mine? 40% white, 40% black, 20% Hispanic/Asian. Our pastor of 35 years was white with a black wife. Our current pastor is black. We have joint services on special occasions with African American churches and lilly white churches. By the way, my church is a conservative (PCA) Presbyterian Church.

I think part of the problem is that your exposure has been to churches that equate Americanism with Christianity, and ?getting saved? with being a follower of Christ. While that thinking is prevalent in evangelical America, it doesn?t encompass the whole of Christianity in the US. There are churches that try to follow the gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* should giving the racial and ethnic percentages of the congregation be mandatory in describing one's church?

No, it shouldn?t. I was just pointing out that in a southern (east TN) conservative area, the truth of the gospel overcomes stereotypes. I have nothing against churches that are mostly white, or mostly black, or whatever. As long as no one is made to feel like an outsider because of their race, or politics, or socio-economic standing. The common ground at church should be a desire to follow Christ. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk