Preaching Embellishments at College

Tennessean

Elect
Reaction score
Many of us  Alumni remember the chapel services in which a preacher would embellish a story to make a point.

2 really stand out in my mind.

What are some embellishments you remember from the pulpit?

Dr. Hyles had some great stories.  I can't say that I know any of them were embellished or not.

RAIDER said:
Dr. Hyles had some great stories.  I can't say that I know any of them were embellished or not.

LOL! Come on Radiar.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

LOL! Come on Radiar.

Can you give me an example that you know was embellished?

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

LOL! Come on Radiar.

KGB, ring a bell.

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

LOL! Come on Radiar.

3 days laying on his dad's gravestone praying,... 3 whole days? Seems odd that all that time would pass without being aware of it?

Bravo said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

LOL! Come on Radiar.

3 days laying on his dad's gravestone praying,... 3 whole days? Seems odd that all that time would pass without being aware of it?

ROFL! Oh yea I forgot about that one. REALLY LOL!!!!!!

Raider are you sure you want to go there. LOL!!

Bravo said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

LOL! Come on Radiar.

Again, I follow your thought pattern, but we speculate with no proof.

Let's sat that I told a "story" in a sermon.  You were sitting in the audience and you say to yourself, "I was with him when that happened" or "I know someone who was with him when that happened".  You know for a fact that I added to the story.  This is proof.

So if I tell you that I led everyone to the Lord at work today which consists of about50 or so people you would HAVE to believe me, right?

Using common sense is not proper, right?

In short, how dare you question this idol, I mean man of God?

RAIDER said:
Let's sat that I told a "story" in a sermon.  You were sitting in the audience and you say to yourself, "I was with him when that happened" or "I know someone who was with him when that happened".  You know for a fact that I added to the story.  This is proof.

And his BEST awesome amazing outstanding stories have no proof just, his word.

I just led 81 people to the Lord in Walmart and they will be baptized this Sunday.

Along with the ones at work, today is turning out to be a good day.

Update I needed money to pay my light bill and I told myself that I will go soul winning and I did.

After leading 36 people to the Lord the last person offered to me the exact amount of money for my light bill.

I think 99% of Philly the Kidddddds stories are embellished.