Racial Dating Policies at Bible Colleges

Tarheel Baptist said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
I thank God I'M not like other men.
Amen!

You seem quite comfortable with the racism.

You seem quite comfortable judging.
You can take the girl from among the fundy's...but
I guess you can't take the fundy out of the girl.

This seems to be your go to remark when dealing with ex-fundies,....
And you call Mater a one trick pony?

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Amen!

I'm sorry. That obviously was not a statement of judgment!
Einstein.

Tarheel Baptist said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Amen!

You find it quite easy to judge people by their political views, yet get all wishy-washy when it is pointed out that racism is wicked. The Fundies  institutionalize this racism. You find that  acceptable, while I clearly do not.

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Amen!

Well, it is easier than making a real argument.

AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Amen!

You find it quite easy to judge people by their political views, yet get all wishy-washy when it is pointed out that racism is wicked. The Fundies  institutionalize this racism. You find that  acceptable, while I clearly do not.

Judge people by their political views?
Please.

How many times have I said racism is wicked, on this thread?
I find that acceptable?

I'm glad you don't judge....I guess ex fundies can't be bitter nor can they be judgemental.
In spite of all evidence to the contrary! ;)

Free thinkin logical fallacies.

I am absolutely certain that there are no absolutes.

Me judging those that judge others is not judgmental at all.

Me being tolerant of everthing excpet intolerance cant be intolerance because I am tolerant.

There are some absolutes.

African-American students at at these IFB schools are absolutely being discriminated against because of the color of their skin.

aleshanee said:
AmazedbyGrace said:
There are some absolutes.

African-American students at at these IFB schools are absolutely being discriminated against because of the color of their skin.

absolutely true........ and it;s painfully obvious that some among fundamentalism are absolutely comfortable with that fact.... and unwilling to see it change........... but the reasons they tolerate the intolerance of their fellow fundamentalists towards african americans is something they will have to figure out and to come to grips with for themselves........ in the end discrimination of that kind will only cause misery for themselves and their own children....... not so much for the people they discriminate against......they will be better off for not inheriting through marriage the kind of in-laws that would never fully accept them and always see them as outsiders anyway........ ....
Since Fundamentalism perfected the judging of the outward appearance, it should come as no shock to us that fundamentalists still use this unjust balance.

Citadel of Truth said:
subllibrm said:
Do they get to decide the color of the car?  ???

They get to decide what color, what make, what model, what year, what extras. They only ask for my input because I know cars and they don't want to buy a lemon.

Having been a man now for several decades, I know a little bit about the male species. My daughters only ask for my input because they don't want to marry a loser.

None of my daughters are married yet although the two oldest are both dating fine young men.

If the way I raised my girls puts a burr under your saddle, then don't do it like I did...that's not going to bother me any.

Whoosh it went right over your head.  :)

Citadel of Truth said:
subllibrm said:
Citadel of Truth said:
My take on the issue is that it has nothing to do with maturity, but everything to do with accountability. If a child is raised to seek his/her parent's counsel in the area of dating, regardless if they're in the Marines or in Bible college, they're going to seek that counsel.

Does it bother you that this school will support (require) that interaction between you and your child if she wants to date a black man but your input isn't even on their radar if she likes a white boy?

It is a double standard, IMHO.

Yes, a racist double standard which was the whole point of the thread.

subllibrm said:
Citadel of Truth said:
subllibrm said:

They get to decide what color, what make, what model, what year, what extras. They only ask for my input because I know cars and they don't want to buy a lemon.

Having been a man now for several decades, I know a little bit about the male species. My daughters only ask for my input because they don't want to marry a loser.

None of my daughters are married yet although the two oldest are both dating fine young men.

If the way I raised my girls puts a burr under your saddle, then don't do it like I did...that's not going to bother me any.

Ah....I see what you did. The color of the car as in, do they get to pick the color of their boyfriend? You're right, it did go right over my head. 

Citadel of Truth said:
subllibrm said:
Citadel of Truth said:
subllibrm said:

Ah....I see what you did. The color of the car as in, do they get to pick the color of their boyfriend? You're right, it did go right over my head.

Yeah, I love it when my kids call for advice/counsel/prayer. They don't always take my advice but that is fine too (good thing, cause sometimes I'm wrong). I am just pleased that they value my input.

Sorry that I came across as opposed to parent/adult offspring communication.

subllibrm said:
Yeah, I love it when my kids call for advice/counsel/prayer. They don't always take my advice but that is fine too (good thing, cause sometimes I'm wrong). I am just pleased that they value my input.

Just a simple misunderstanding. I thought you had jumped on the bandwagon with our resident rodent.

I have sons that are married, but no married daughters yet. I, too, like it when my boys call me just to get dad's perspective on things. It is not seeking permission in any form or fashion; it is seeking advice. It most certainly is not codependency.  ::)

Citadel of Truth said:
subllibrm said:

Just a simple misunderstanding. I thought you had jumped on the bandwagon with our resident rodent.

I have sons that are married, but no married daughters yet. I, too, like it when my boys call me just to get dad's perspective on things. It is not seeking permission in any form or fashion; it is seeking advice. It most certainly is not codependency.  ::)

Me and the rodent don't agree on much. I do think we both miss Alayman though.  ;)