Revival sermons.... repeat after repeat.

The great Hack Hyles was infamous for this. Some of his sermons on YouTube are duplicates. Maybe when Hyles was on tour he would do the same sermon only mix n match his Don Rickles' style comedy each time. Jack Hyles was amazing and entertaining no matter what you think about him.

The great Hack Hyles was infamous for this. Some of his sermons on YouTube are duplicates. Maybe when Hyles was on tour he would do the same sermon only mix n match his Don Rickles' style comedy each time. Jack Hyles was amazing and entertaining no matter what you think about him.

Yep. Which is my point. Its really about entertainment.

I use to love to watch Craig Edwards talk about how he hated those people "who worked it up"..... while he was ..... "working it up". He does tell a good joke every once in a while.

Can't say that I believe God is right in the middle of it "having His way". I'm pretty sure its just another man having their way and using God's name to sell it.

Last edited:
Yep. Which is my point. Its really about entertainment.

I use to love to watch Craig Edwards talk about how he hated those people "who worked it up"..... while he was ..... "working it up". He does tell a good joke every once in a while.

Can't say that I believe God is right in the middle of it "having His way". I'm pretty sure its just another man having their way and using God's name to sell it.

Well Hyles, Tony Hutson, and Larry Brown know how to entertain a crowd.

No Pharisee has ever wanted to abandon tithing. You fit the role of the Pharisee by robbing God's children than I do.
"Tareheel" deceives his people by telling them to "tithe"? Well, I'm not surprised.

"Tareheel" deceives his people by telling them to "tithe"? Well, I'm not surprised.

TB once would engage on subjects. He doesn't anymore. Just a Haaayman or something anymore.

He pretty much admitted that he wasn't for teaching tithing but he was afraid to say so. Many are. They would lose just about all their members. You know people don't believe they can please God at all without giving some of their money to some man somewhere. Not to mention the fact they'd lose a large portion of their tax deductions.

Just ask most any IFB why God has blessed them monetarily and they will tell you it is because they tithe.

I like to remind them that God blesses His children because they belong to Him.

TB once would engage on subjects. He doesn't anymore. Just a Haaayman or something anymore.

He pretty much admitted that he wasn't for teaching tithing but he was afraid to say so. Many are. They would lose just about all their members. You know people don't believe they can please God at all without giving some of their money to some man somewhere. Not to mention the fact they'd lose a large portion of their tax deductions.

Just ask most any IFB why God has blessed them monetarily and they will tell you it is because they tithe.

I like to remind them that God blesses His children because they belong to Him.
Well if folks didn't give there would be the issue of paying for the building/utilities/ and other expenses. I don't get caught up on whether a person wants to call it tithing or giving or something else.

As far as the tax deduction, it does not really make sense to spend $1 to pay 25 cents less in taxes. Especially since Trumps tax reform. Since the standard deduction was significantly increased it doesn't make sense for many people to itemize any longer.

Certainly you get many pastors who erroneously borrow from the health, wealth, & prosperity gospel and try to connect your financial success with your giving.