Revival sermons.... repeat after repeat.

Well if folks didn't give there would be the issue of paying for the building/utilities/ and other expenses. I don't get caught up on whether a person wants to call it tithing or giving or something else.

You say this to preserve your false doctrine. It absolutely matters how you teach God's children to handle their money. The very first thing to tell is that most people covet their money. Second thing is to tell them to not give anything until they know for certain where and what they are suppose to give.

As far as the tax deduction, it does not really make sense to spend $1 to pay 25 cents less in taxes. Especially since Trumps tax reform. Since the standard deduction was significantly increased it doesn't make sense for many people to itemize any longer.

Yes. It is less likely since Trump. However, it has been the driving force for many for years. I'm glad Trump did what he did. The rich have been taking advantage of charitable giving for their entire lives.

Most people give to get..... and the vast majority do it expecting something from God. Not just Uncle Sam. Problem is, the money is getting spent at the whim of false teachers. God doesn't have anything to do with it.

Certainly you get many pastors who erroneously borrow from the health, wealth, & prosperity gospel and try to connect your financial success with your giving.

Those who preach the tithe are doing just that. They are doing it because they want their money.

You say this to preserve your false doctrine.
Whatever false doctrine you've determined in your mind that I "must" believe.

I'm glad Trump did what he did. The rich have been taking advantage of charitable giving for their entire lives
Sorry to disappoint once again, but it's middle class/upper middle that often times don't benefit from itemizing under the new system. The wealthy would likely still pay large amounts in mortgage interest, property taxes, investment expenses that would still exceed the standard deduction. Not only that but how are they taking advantage by giving their money away? Remember these are not tax credits. They are not saving $1 for every $1 they give away. In most cases they will save .25 -.35 cents for every dollar they give away.

Not only do sermons get put on repeat, so do stories. After all those encounters in an elevator with multiple pastors & evangelists, I hope Elvis was truly saved after one of them.

Sorry to disappoint once again, but it's middle class/upper middle that often times don't benefit from itemizing under the new system. The wealthy would likely still pay large amounts in mortgage interest, property taxes, investment expenses that would still exceed the standard deduction. Not only that but how are they taking advantage by giving their money away? Remember these are not tax credits. They are not saving $1 for every $1 they give away. In most cases they will save .25 -.35 cents for every dollar they give away.

You really are something. These same people often give to the charities they run or have an extensive interest in. ANYONE would love to support themselves at a 25 to 35 percent discounted rate.

You really are something. These same people often give to the charities they run or have an extensive interest in. ANYONE would love to support themselves at a 25 to 35 percent discounted rate.
Not when you figure out the only way you get that money back out is by paying yourself in which case you pay another 7.6 in FICA tax as well as your charity paying the 7.6% payroll tax. On top of that unless your planning on putting the entirety back into your charity again you now have to pay the federal income taxes on the distributed funds. Besides paying FICA taxes twice on the same funds you will ultimately pay state taxes twice on the same funds. All you have done is potentially deferred the payment of the federal income tax.

If a person wants to avoid federal income tax there are much better ways than a non-profit. The IRS scrutinizes those rigorously. An S-corp affords you much better opportunities with less scrutiny. If you have a charitable org and you have not explicitly followed the rules the IRS may dismiss your "charitable" status and determine that all the income that the "charity" has brought in is the personal income of the guy running it.

"Tareheel" deceives his people by telling them to "tithe"? Well, I'm not surprised.

I believe the tithe is basically a tax on the Jews relegated to the OT.
You are surprised?
You're also misinformed and have no idea what you’re talking about
Which, come to think of it, is pretty normal for you.

FWIW, you are not a dishonest, willfully ignorant Pharisee like our old buddy treasure of the IFB
But, you do deserve an old fashioned IFB Haymaaan!

TB once would engage on subjects. He doesn't anymore. Just a Haaayman or something anymore.

He pretty much admitted that he wasn't for teaching tithing but he was afraid to say so. Many are. They would lose just about all their members. You know people don't believe they can please God at all without giving some of their money to some man somewhere. Not to mention the fact they'd lose a large portion of their tax deductions.

Just ask most any IFB why God has blessed them monetarily and they will tell you it is because they tithe.

I like to remind them that God blesses His children because they belong to Him.

TB will still engage with those he might have some respect for....
Proud, arrogant, ignorant Pharisees only deserve disdain and ridicule.

Can I get a hearty, old fashioned IFB’s treasure Haymaaaan?

TB will still engage with those he might have some respect for....
Proud, arrogant, ignorant Pharisees only deserve disdain and ridicule.

Can I get a hearty, old fashioned IFB’s treasure Haymaaaan?

Well. Jesus loves me. I imagine you can hate me all you want.

I believe the tithe is basically a tax on the Jews relegated to the OT.

Yet, you have refused to actively teach this through your "ministry". Also, you continue to collect and apply the "tithe" as if you're in control of it.

Thus, your doctrine is self serving. You're too afraid to preach the Truth and let the "chips fall where they may".

Not when you figure out the only way you get that money back out is by paying yourself in which case you pay another 7.6 in FICA tax as well as your charity paying the 7.6% payroll tax.

They don't have to pay themselves and they're saving 25 to 35 percent.

If a person wants to avoid federal income tax there are much better ways than a non-profit. The IRS scrutinizes those rigorously

It depends on which one's you're talking about. You know they only target conservative charities.

An S-corp affords you much better opportunities with less scrutiny. If you have a charitable org and you have not explicitly followed the rules the IRS may dismiss your "charitable" status and determine that all the income that the "charity" has brought in is the personal income of the guy running it.

Or a combination of both. Rich liberals can do anything they want. I don't know why you're arguing this.

Trump will be gone before you know it and the standard deduction will go back down. Last year was really the first year it made a real difference. Even Republicans are going abandon it in the name of "debt". Not realizing that there isn't really anything tangible to the debt. Consume confidence and the willingness to buy regardless of situation has always really been the driver behind our market driven economy. Which is why the market is the way it is now.

Yet, you have refused to actively teach this through your "ministry". Also, you continue to collect and apply the "tithe" as if you're in control of it.

Thus, your doctrine is self serving. You're too afraid to preach the Truth and let the "chips fall where they may".
Those who can, Do.
Those who can’t criticize those who can on the Internet.
Haymaaan...

Those who can, Do.
Those who can’t criticize those who can on the Internet.
Haymaaan...

Sure. You can cheat your fellowman in Jesus Christ. Your heroes did and so do you.

Thanks for recognizing I can't cheat God's children.

It depends on which one's you're talking about. You know they only target conservative charities.

Or a combination of both. Rich liberals can do anything they want. I don't know why you're arguing this.

Trump will be gone before you know it and the standard deduction will go back down. Last year was really the first year it made a real difference. Even Republicans are going abandon it in the name of "debt". Not realizing that there isn't really anything tangible to the debt. Consume confidence and the willingness to buy regardless of situation has always really been the driver behind our market driven economy. Which is why the market is the way it is now.
If they are just taking cash directly from their non profit they are in danger of forfeiting their non profit status and having all income to the non profit counted as their personal income along with penalties for violations of certain state laws. If you know of any doing this go to the site below and fill out IRS form 13909 to report misconduct by an exempt organization.

Sure. You can cheat your fellowman in Jesus Christ. Your heroes did and so do you.

Thanks for recognizing I can't cheat God's children.

I recognize the fact that you are a frustrated wanna be leader who found he could get no one to follow him.
You're welcome.

And a hearty IFB's treasure Haymaaan....

R. G Lee was said to have preached Payay Someday over 1200 times and people would drive for many miles to hear it again when he was in their state.

If it's your sermon that God gave you and it continues to move people then I see nothing wrong with preaching it as you travel.

I remember Jack Hyles saying he never preached a sermon on the road that he had not preached to his own people first.

I also remember him saying his secretary recorded where he preached each of his sermons while preaching out so he would not preach the same sermon within 100 of a meeting he had preached it before, He did niot want people you came to hear preaching to hear the same sermon over and over.

If a sermon helped people in one church or one area why would a preacher not preach it again in another state or area?

Last edited:
On the topic of copying someones eles sermons, I think it is fine to borrow an idea or an illistration from another preacher but to copy the entire sermon without crediting the original author would be wrong. I remember hearing a story of a preachers secretary submitting one of the pastors best sermons for a Sword contest and he won. The sermon was word for word a sermon the pastor had borrowed from a well know conference preacher. I'm sure he was embarresed when the sermon was published in the paper.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon had over 3600 sermons published in 49 volumes in his lifetime. These are still in print and can be accessed online. Many original ideas and thoughts I have heard preached may have originated in those volumes but if they helped me to grow as a christian I'm glad I heard them repeated.

I suspect a preachers best sermons ideas and topics are the ones God gives them directly during their bible reading and study, not the ones they borrow from others.

I recognize the fact that you are a frustrated wanna be leader who found he could get no one to follow him.
You're welcome.

In the words of Rodney King my brothers, "Can we all just get along".

If they are just taking cash directly from their non profit they are in danger of forfeiting their non profit status and having all income to the non profit counted as their personal income along with penalties for violations of certain state laws. If you know of any doing this go to the site below and fill out IRS form 13909 to report misconduct by an exempt organization.

I done with you once again. All you're going to do is deal dishonestly with what I said. They don't have to pay themselves and THEIR charity, that they control, is benefiting. You know..... power, influence, praise of men and etc.

You're welcome.

I've said that I didn't desire such things. I know you desire such things. You live for them and you'll make your followers pay to get it from you. I don't know why you'd take such pride in such nonsense.