RIP Peter Ruckman 1921-2016

Great now he will be turned into great Saint of the faith.

At least he knows the truth now, if he didn't already.

Hope he looks up William Tyndale to compare one version Onlyism to get his thoughts on being murdered over it.

One less heretic to mess people up, that's a good thing.

Wow he's younger than me.

People sure are dying young now.

FreeToBeMe said:
To which one.....Ruckman or Prince?

Dr. Petey circled land and sea to make many into twice the son of hell that he was.

Prince at least left us a bunch of listenable music.

RIP to them both.
I'll miss Prince, who was a great talent.
Ruckman not so much, who was best known for perpetuating a fallacy.

Although I disagree strongly with his stand on the KJV, there are certainly some who were close friends of his and will miss him.

Some of the comments here seem a bit lacking in Christian charity.

Walt said:
Although I disagree strongly with his stand on the KJV, there are certainly some who were close friends of his and will miss him.

And that is different than any other day???

Isn't this the Fighting Forum on FFF?

Don't think of love when in a fight.

While I am not a Ruckman fan, we would believe him to be a born again man and in Heaven.

Prince and Chyna had no salvation profession of which I am aware.  Regardless of how much some enjoyed their music or career, they are most likely in Hell.

Sobering thought.

bgwilkinson said:
Isn't this the Fighting Forum on FFF?

Don't think of love when in a fight.

It's a battlefield, brother, not a recreation room.

Walt said:

I disagreed with his KJVPerversion stance as well as his moral/marriage stance.
But, pray for his family!

And, sadly, I don't know if Prince or Chyna will RIP.

Of the three who has actually done more harm to genuine biblical truth?

T-Bone said:
I would have to say Prince. As a proselytizing Jehovah's Witness he did great violence to the word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and the future blessed hope of the redeemed.

There is no doubt Dr. Ruckman was controversial, but at least his most controversial ideas forced a lot of people into a much closer study of textual criticism, textual transmission, and the translation of those texts into English. 

Thomas Cassidy said:
T-Bone said:
I would have to say Prince. As a proselytizing Jehovah's Witness he did great violence to the word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and the future blessed hope of the redeemed.

There is no doubt Dr. Ruckman was controversial, but at least his most controversial ideas forced a lot of people into a much closer study of textual criticism, textual transmission, and the translation of those texts into English.

I think you are being real generous there Doc... I doubt Ruckman's ideas forced a lot of people to do anything, some maybe,  but most of his influence was with his mind numbed followers...and in that way I see little difference between him and Prince's JW.