Salvation and Unreached Tribes

christundivided said:
Many people don't go to Jesus Himself. They go to some imaginary idol they created of Him. Some vain representation of who they think He is.

Many people don't go to Jesus at all.  So what's your point? 

Jesus said, "All the Father gives Me SHALL come to Me."  Period.  If someone never goes to Jesus and instead goes to an imaginary idol, then they obviously weren't given to Jesus by the Father. 

rsc2a said:
christundivided said:
Castor Muscular said:
christundivided said:
Not that disagree with what you wrote. I does seem you believe in regeneration before a man can seek Christ?

I personally think that line of reasoning is a waste of time. 

All the Father gives Jesus SHALL come to Him.  No ifs, ands, or buts. 

That's true regardless of anyone's opinion about regeneration.

Yet, the Scripture mentioned doesn't explain just "how" the Father goes about establishing such. If, you don't understand the "how", you can't really say you understand the statement or that you can take it a "face value".  The "how" is important. The statement is explained just a little further on in the discourse.

John 6:40  And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It does NOT say that the Father causes some to see the Son and causes some not to see the Son. I think it wise if we identify God's action from the variable action of man.

So you aren't saved? Have you seen Jesus?

You really are being silly.

Heb 11:27  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

What do you think about Moses? Or Maybe Abraham

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

I can see you being just like those Pharisees who said....

Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Castor Muscular said:
christundivided said:
Many people don't go to Jesus Himself. They go to some imaginary idol they created of Him. Some vain representation of who they think He is.

Many people don't go to Jesus at all.  So what's your point? 

Jesus said, "All the Father gives Me SHALL come to Me."  Period.  If someone never goes to Jesus and instead goes to an imaginary idol, then they obviously weren't given to Jesus by the Father.

So you ARE concerned about the "how".....

It must be comforting to know you've traveled that path and don't have to worry about the "particulars" of anyone else.

What does the "will" of the Father found in verse 40... mean to you? Does the Father's will give anyone to Jesus?

christundivided said:
rsc2a said:
christundivided said:
Castor Muscular said:
christundivided said:
Not that disagree with what you wrote. I does seem you believe in regeneration before a man can seek Christ?

I personally think that line of reasoning is a waste of time. 

All the Father gives Jesus SHALL come to Him.  No ifs, ands, or buts. 

That's true regardless of anyone's opinion about regeneration.

Yet, the Scripture mentioned doesn't explain just "how" the Father goes about establishing such. If, you don't understand the "how", you can't really say you understand the statement or that you can take it a "face value".  The "how" is important. The statement is explained just a little further on in the discourse.

John 6:40  And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It does NOT say that the Father causes some to see the Son and causes some not to see the Son. I think it wise if we identify God's action from the variable action of man.

So you aren't saved? Have you seen Jesus?

You really are being silly.

Heb 11:27  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

What do you think about Moses? Or Maybe Abraham

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

I can see being just like those Pharisees who said....

Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

So you agree? Seeing the historical Jesus isn't what is being referred to here?

christundivided said:
So you ARE concerned about the "how".....

I have no idea how you interpreted that into what I said.

christundivided said:
It must be comforting to know you've traveled that path and don't have to worry about the "particulars" of anyone else.

It is VERY comforting.  My recognition of the absolute sovereignty of God to be the most comforting aspect of my Christian maturing process.  No, I don't worry about the particulars of anyone else, because those particulars are up to God. 

You will probably accuse me of being against evangelism or failing to share the Word of God, myself, but that will simply expose your lack of understanding. 

christundivided said:
What does the "will" of the Father found in verse 40... mean to you? Does the Father's will give anyone to Jesus?

It means exactly what it says.

40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Castor Muscular said:

It's very simple.  All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me.  Meaning that unless the Father gives you to Jesus, you aren't going to come to Jesus.  Or, to put it another way...

65 And He said,

ALAYMAN said:
Castor Muscular said:

It's very simple.  All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me.  Meaning that unless the Father gives you to Jesus, you aren't going to come to Jesus.  Or, to put it another way...

65 And He said,

Castor Muscular said:

65 And He said,

Guys, look at John 6 again. God's "drawing" men to Christ has to do with their response to His teaching (i.e. the Law - John 5:46).

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets,

Smellin Coffee said:
Guys, look at John 6 again. God's "drawing" men to Christ has to do with their response to His teaching (i.e. the Law - John 5:46).

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets,

ALAYMAN said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Smellin Coffee said:

Smellin Coffee said:
ALAYMAN said:
Smellin Coffee said:

This discussion is now over my head.

I think I have gotten the answers to my question. Thank you.

Castor Muscular said:
Darkwing Duck said:
Thank you for your replies.

To be clear, there is no way for someone to have a chance to go to Heaven unless they are taught by a Christian or somehow receive a copy of the Bible?

Wrong.  Jesus saves.  Bibles don't save.  Christians don't save.

Can you elaborate?
How do people find out about Jesus without Christians or the Bible?

Darkwing Duck said:

Castor Muscular said:
Darkwing Duck said:

To be clear, there is no way for someone to have a chance to go to Heaven unless they are taught by a Christian or somehow receive a copy of the Bible?

Can you elaborate?

He didn't say knowledge about Jesus saves. He said Jesus saves. :)

rsc2a said:
Darkwing Duck said:

Castor Muscular said:
Darkwing Duck said:

Can you elaborate?

He didn't say knowledge about Jesus saves. He said Jesus saves. :)

Fine. Can you explain that?

What does that mean?

Darkwing Duck said:
[quote author=rsc2a]He didn't say knowledge about Jesus saves. He said Jesus saves. :)

What does that mean?[/quote]

It means that maybe people can be following Him even of they don't know who He is. :)

rsc2a said:
Darkwing Duck said:
[quote author=rsc2a]He didn't say knowledge about Jesus saves. He said Jesus saves. :)

What does that mean?

It means that maybe people can be following Him even of they don't know who He is. :)
[/quote]

Do you find that in scripture?
Can you point to verses to support that?

Are you saying some people get saved differently than others?

Darkwing Duck said:
[quote author=rsc2a]It means that maybe people can be following Him even of they don't know who He is. :)

Do you find that in scripture?
Can you point to verses to support that?[/quote]

I cited some here and here.

[quote author=Darkwing Duck]Are you saying some people get saved differently than others?[/quote]

No. They all get saved by Jesus.