Schaap Released 05/04/2022

Indeed. They will speak together in the next two years. It is bound to happen.
That way DH will get credit for RESTORING him since he is so great at that.
DH couldn't restore a dog to the doghouse!

Indeed. They will speak together in the next two years. It is bound to happen.
That way DH will get credit for RESTORING him since he is so great at that.
Sad to say that there are knucklehead preachers who will support exactly this scenario.
In the mid nineties, I met a preacher in Pinellis Park FL who had DH as one of his Sunday School teachers.

Sad to say that there are knucklehead preachers who will support exactly this scenario.
In the mid nineties, I met a preacher in Pinellis Park FL who had DH as one of his Sunday School teachers.
I'm not going to say that DH could NEVER be reformed and truly come to serve God. That's really not for me to say. I can say, though, that he has a history of being a con artist, adulterer, liar, and much more. But, given that we all have a sinful nature, couldn't we all eventually commit some heinous sin? I won't judge too harshly, but, I will be wary of him.

I'm not going to say that DH could NEVER be reformed and truly come to serve God. That's really not for me to say. I can say, though, that he has a history of being a con artist, adulterer, liar, and much more. But, given that we all have a sinful nature, couldn't we all eventually commit some heinous sin? I won't judge too harshly, but, I will be wary of him.
If you know-you know.

If you don't, you "won't judge too harshly.

If you know-you know.

If you don't, you "won't judge too harshly.
Oh, I know....but, I also know that how harshly WE judge others is how harshly God is going to judge us. He is the final judge.

Judging also has a lot to do with knowing & warning about the difference between a garter snake & a rattle snake.
You're definitely allowed to take whatever stance you want to. I couldn't and wouldn't want to take that from you. You answer for YOUR decisions and judgments and the severity with which you judge just as I will answer for mine. Mankind isn't snakes and can change...snakes cannot. I'm not advocating for DH, as I am wise enough to judge from past experience with the man. If there is sufficient evidence over a LONG period of time that he has changed by the grace of God, then praise the Lord for it. If not, then some are wise enough to keep an eye on him and give fair warning. His past is enough to disqualify him from leadership in any form, IMHO. Remember, we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

You're definitely allowed to take whatever stance you want to. I couldn't and wouldn't want to take that from you. You answer for YOUR decisions and judgments and the severity with which you judge just as I will answer for mine. Mankind isn't snakes and can change...snakes cannot. I'm not advocating for DH, as I am wise enough to judge from past experience with the man. If there is sufficient evidence over a LONG period of time that he has changed by the grace of God, then praise the Lord for it. If not, then some are wise enough to keep an eye on him and give fair warning. His past is enough to disqualify him from leadership in any form, IMHO. Remember, we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
A snake knows when to strike & a dove knows when to fly.

And a Christian knows when to act like one. ;)
Well.......since those ("be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.") are the words of Jesus, then that is acting just like a Christian. Especially, in view of the 1st part of the verse, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves......" 🧐

Well.......since those ("be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.") are the words of Jesus, then that is acting just like a Christian. Especially, in view of the 1st part of the verse, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves......" 🧐
Well, I've never seen a sheep become confrontational with a wolf...the run. And it most usually ends up with the sheep becoming the wolf's lunch. Hmmm....you can keep going round and round on this, but, it's not going to change the facts.

Well, I've never seen a sheep become confrontational with a wolf...the run. And it most usually ends up with the sheep becoming the wolf's lunch. Hmmm....you can keep going round and round on this, but, it's not going to change the facts.
Phil. 3: 2a "Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers..."

Phil. 3: 2a "Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers..."
Uh...I think I've stated we need to beware....You, like Rockhead are great at stating and restating what someone has already stated....Go figure. LOL