Segregation... making the 1950s popular again!

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Leave it to Black Lives Matters to make segregation fashionable again! Get your merch here!
The Minnesota State Fair (for all peoples), the 4th of July celebrations (for all peoples) have been canceled!
That makes room for the segregationalist, racist, BLM!

It's only racism if you're white.

Also it's been circulating that LeBron James is a racist and is "Anti White" and "Anti Military" and "Anti Police". Jason Whitlock, a former NFL player turned online reporter called out Queen James for playing the race card.

Also speaking of the 1950's, there were a lot of famous or infamous IFB's who were stuck in the 1950's (Jim Vineyard) but that's another story.

I'm disappointed that this conversation even exists in this day and age. one would have to turn a blind eye to the blatant racism that still exists.

I'm disappointed that this conversation even exists in this day and age. one would have to turn a blind eye to the blatant racism that still exists.
Sure blatant racism exists. Are you referring to any blatant racism in particular?

Since you are being obtuse about racism, take a look at this video
Since you are being obfuscatory about what specific instances of "blatant racism" you are accusing people of, how about I just ignore your deflection (and video)?

or you are simply ignoring. #partoftheproblem
Your video is a movie. So a movie (make believe) set in what appears to be 50's or 60's is your proof of current day racism? All I can say is there must be very little racism left if this is the best evidence you can find.

I just discovered that there is a man, a few actually, that has time travelled. Oh, ya and lizard people exist. Here's my proof:

Your video is a movie. So a movie (make believe) set in what appears to be 50's or 60's is your proof of current day racism? All I can say is there must be very little racism left if this is the best evidence you can find.
You must be very young. This movie was based on actual events. It is a movie, art imitating life. The clip illustrates the mentality of the systemic racism that permeates every facet of life in this country. To minimize it is irresponsible at best and complicit at worst.

You must be very young. This movie was based on actual events. It is a movie, art imitating life. The clip illustrates the mentality of the systemic racism that permeates every facet of life in this country. To minimize it is irresponsible at best and complicit at worst.
It is a Hollywood version of what happened. Their motive is not accurate history, it's a compelling story made to sell movie tickets. I just watched the movie Red Sea Dive Resort about the Jewish Ethiopians being smuggled out of Sudan. The last big scene had a CIA operative come in with a plane (using an old WW2 British landing strip) and took the last group of refugees and the mossad agents to Israel. In real life the U.S. knew nothing of the operation. In real life they didn't use a WW2 landing strip but just landed in the dessert. A great movie but wasn't historically accurate in a lot of areas. Probably would have been boring if it was (remember movies are made to sell tickets).

It is a Hollywood version of what happened. Their motive is not accurate history, it's a compelling story made to sell movie tickets. I just watched the movie Red Sea Dive Resort about the Jewish Ethiopians being smuggled out of Sudan. The last big scene had a CIA operative come in with a plane (using an old WW2 British landing strip) and took the last group of refugees and the mossad agents to Israel. In real life the U.S. knew nothing of the operation. In real life they didn't use a WW2 landing strip but just landed in the dessert. A great movie but wasn't historically accurate in a lot of areas. Probably would have been boring if it was (remember movies are made to sell tickets).
So you say all of this to say that racism does not exist?

So you say all of this to say that racism does not exist?
I didn't say that. I was pointing out that showing a movie made in the early 90's(?) about something that happened in the 50's is a pathetic attempt to somehow prove racism exists today.

I didn't say that. I was pointing out that showing a movie made in the early 90's(?) about something that happened in the 50's is a pathetic attempt to somehow prove racism exists today.
It illustrates the mentality that still exists.

It illustrates the mentality that still exists.
But you have not shown any examples of that mentality existing other than in a make believe story with a setting in one community 60 years ago. I would say there must be very little racism today if you have to look back that far.