Should Christians use the “Let’s go Brandon” phrase?

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
This article says ‘no’.
What say you?

I agree with the opinion expressed in the linked article.

How is it "insubordination" to mock the president, when dissent is a constitutional guarantee? Is Joe Biden the emperor? Or even analogous to an emperor? Americans don't pledge their loyalty to the presdent, after all.

While I would agree in general that "let's go Brandon" is disrespectful, I don't find the piece particularly well reasoned.

How is it "insubordination" to mock the president, when dissent is a constitutional guarantee? Is Joe Biden the emperor? Or even analogous to an emperor? Americans don't pledge their loyalty to the presdent, after all.

While I would agree in general that "let's go Brandon" is disrespectful, I don't find the piece particularly well reasoned.
I agree that his reasoning as to why we shouldn’t use the term is flawed. I just think it’s vulgar and unbecoming a follower of Christ. Plus it’s hypocritical of the conservatives who complained about the f trump tee shirts to hurl the same insult at Joe.
Having said that, I think the use of the phrase is, on its surface, clever and funny.

Yesterday at the church I attend someone was wearing a Let's Go Brandon t-shirt. I think it's totally inappropriate in church. Elsewhere, I'm still against it for Christians based on the profanity it represents. Just my opinion.

Plus it’s hypocritical of the conservatives who complained about the f trump tee shirts to hurl the same insult at Joe.
More evidence that both sides are the same. It's OK when it's your side, not OK when it's the other side. Just like many church people believe: if something bad happens to me, it's the devil attacking me, but when something bad happens to you, it's God punishing you for something bad you did.

More evidence that both sides are the same. It's OK when it's your side, not OK when it's the other side. Just like many church people believe: if something bad happens to me, it's the devil attacking me, but when something bad happens to you, it's God punishing you for something bad you did.
Absolutely right.

I agree that his reasoning as to why we shouldn’t use the term is flawed. I just think it’s vulgar and unbecoming a follower of Christ.

Here's the thing. It's a euphemism. By definition, it's the opposite of vulgar. We use euphemisms to avoid vulgarity/profanity/blasphemy.

Plus it’s hypocritical of the conservatives who complained about the f trump tee shirts to hurl the same insult at Joe.
Having said that, I think the use of the phrase is, on its surface, clever and funny.

It's the left being hoist on its own petard. After four years of overt vulgarity, they can't cope with a single minced one. That was created by one of their own: an NBC sports reporter trying to downplay what the spectators in the stands were actually chanting. And just like that, civility and respect for the office are back in vogue again with the left.

Here's the thing. It's a euphemism. By definition, it's the opposite of vulgar. We use euphemisms to avoid vulgarity/profanity/blasphemy.

It's the left being hoist on its own petard. After four years of overt vulgarity, they can't cope with a single minced one. That was created by one of their own: an NBC sports reporter trying to downplay what the spectators in the stands were actually chanting. And just like that, civility and respect for the office are back in vogue again with the left.
You do make valid points…especially about the blatant hypocrisy of the left. And, the LGB chant is, as I said, clever and funny…because it does give the left a dose of their own medicine but with humor.
But, somewhere in my being, It just seems wrong to ME.

And I read LGBTQ stands for Lets Get Biden to Quit...
Oh and Christians shouldn't use WT... or OM.... either. Thanks

Should they? No.
Will they? Of course.

My $0.02

:)

Hagee's well known heresies on the Messiah and Israel supercede this latest embarrassment from his pit of errors.

Why heck, Steve Anderson even wrote an expose of him. 😁

Last edited: