So close your eyes and tell me.......

RAIDER said:
I can see Brother Colsten slowly walking up to the pulpit to read the scripture.

He did that AM and PM last Sunday.

bgwilkinson said:
...if you remember Bill Weddle, Al Gomez, Clyde Wolfe and the posse as they walked Bro. Hyles over to the auditorium?

Yeah, my dad was a part of that group in the 80s.

Baptist City Holdout said:
RAIDER said:
Tom Brennan said:
Bill Grady was the first pastor to teach me that those who compliment you the most will also be those who cut you the most. I've been a pastor for 18 years. He was spot on. People that are overly complimentary or loyal make me exceedingly nervous...

Tom, you have been a real blessing to me.  I believe you are the world's greatest preacher.  If you told me to jump off a bridge into the Chicago River I would.  I love you, brother.  :)

Is there such a thing as second hand loyalty like there is second hand separation.  I mean, if I would jump off a bridge for Raider, does that mean I also would jump off a bridge for Tom?

I wouldn't jump off a bridge for any of you. 

I remember the guy walking around the auditorium before and after services with a large scanner of some sort with the antenna fully extended.  Still not clear what that was all about. I think maybe in his mind he was "special detail."

Gunlover said:
I remember the guy walking around the auditorium before and after services with a large scanner of some sort with the antenna fully extended.  Still not clear what that was all about. I think maybe in his mind he was "special detail."

Friend, when I first saw your username, I read it wrong. First I thought it was "un-Glover" until I did a double-take and realized it was "Gunlover".

Welcome aboard! :)

Thanks! And that could be the funniest thing I have heard today  :D

I picture myself fighting to keep my eyes open while sitting is a 98 degree messarack.

I can picture, while sitting in the balcony, the activity throughout the auditorium 5 minutes before the service started - the aisles packed with people talking and moving every direction., people frantically looking for a seat, people reading their Bible, and the organ pumping out the tunes!

...what is happening here?

Old 8x10 black and white pic from 70s. Sorry for the terrible quality, photography didn't look as good as it does today.

11937989_1157813324233941_3787028846242275509_o.jpg

bgwilkinson said:

Old 8x10 black and white pic from 70s. Sorry for the terrible quality, photography didn't look as good as it does today.

Probably an Oral Roberts healing crusade.

bgwilkinson said:

PS evening service held at the Hammond Civic Center.....A horse may be in the aisle getting ready to receive an honorary doctors degree.

I see friends.  Lots of friends whom I may never see again.  There is a big part of FBCH I cannot help but miss.  Over half of my life thus far was spent at that complex.

Binaca Chugger said:
I see friends.  Lots of friends whom I may never see again.  There is a big part of FBCH I cannot help but miss.  Over half of my life thus far was spent at that complex.

I agree.  While there is a lot of negative HAC talk on the FFF, there are certain things that you cannot help but miss.

I see Dave Carpenter sitting with his young family.  He was a humble, strict, servant of God who will be missed.

Binaca Chugger said:
I see Dave Carpenter sitting with his young family.  He was a humble, strict, servant of God who will be missed.

Was anyone here able to attend Mr Carpenter's memorial service?  I'm wondering who the speakers were and how well attended the service was.  I was surprised that the service was held at Memory Lane rather than FBC or HAC's auditorium.

Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
I remember convincing Andrew Yoder to let me go to his house to play his Nintendo without telling his parents I was coming over.  LOL!!  Boy were they surprised when I showed up. 

Not part of the OP but............a memory none the less.   

That thing was crazy.  Hooked up to a monitor so they could play games without tv in the house.

When we use to get punished at HBGS the punishment was running laps around the soccer field. 
One day Andrew was running laps, and I stopped him to ask him what he did wrong?  He said nothing I just feel like running laps.  I said to him, what are you stupid?  LOL!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Thanks for the laugh.  Yep.  He was like that.  A HACker in Grade School - A Warrior HACker!  :D

You must have been in Sumner's class.

I believe Sumner taught 5th grade maybe 4th I don't remember........Anyway I was in Ms. Mayo's class in 4th grade and Ms. Cogley's class 5th.  That lady right there needed to be on medicine, Mayo that is.  Meanest teacher I have ever had in my life.   

Anybody know whatever happened to her?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmancrank said:
Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Bruh said:
I remember convincing Andrew Yoder to let me go to his house to play his Nintendo without telling his parents I was coming over.  LOL!!  Boy were they surprised when I showed up. 

Not part of the OP but............a memory none the less.   

That thing was crazy.  Hooked up to a monitor so they could play games without tv in the house.

When we use to get punished at HBGS the punishment was running laps around the soccer field. 
One day Andrew was running laps, and I stopped him to ask him what he did wrong?  He said nothing I just feel like running laps.  I said to him, what are you stupid?  LOL!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Thanks for the laugh.  Yep.  He was like that.  A HACker in Grade School - A Warrior HACker!  :D

You must have been in Sumner's class.

I believe Sumner taught 5th grade maybe 4th I don't remember........Anyway I was in Ms. Mayo's class in 4th grade and Ms. Cogley's class 5th.  That lady right there needed to be on medicine, Mayo that is.  Meanest teacher I have ever had in my life.   

Anybody know whatever happened to her?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think, she got some kinda disease in her back.

I sit in the old fbc auditorium and as Mrs. Elaine Colsten steps up to sing, the little girl in front of me turns her hearing aid off.