So close your eyes and tell me.......

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
if you can imagine yourself sitting in a pew at FBCH during your time there, what details do you remember?

*As always, one memory per post.  Remember, it's all about the numbers!!

I can hear the organ as Mrs. Colsten starts to play the first notes.  It booms over the whole auditorium.

I can see Mrs. Colsten talking on the phone by the organ as she never misses a beat.

Being dwarfed on the front row because I was sitting next to Gerald Perry.

I can see Dr. Hyles mom sitting in her pew with a line of Hackerettes lined up to hug her or have her sign their Bible.

Dr, J sitting up in "his" section of the balcony, yet seeming to watch every HAC student at the same time (like one of those portraits in a haunted house.)

Bro. Hackett taking the offering in the choir, bring it to the floor, and bounce back up the stairs to his seat in the choir.

patriotic said:
Bro. Hackett taking the offering in the choir, bring it to the floor, and bounce back up the stairs to his seat in the choir.

Funny, I was just getting ready to enter this one.

I can see the doors open on the platform as the choir filed in the loft.

I can see the auditorium filled to capacity on Sunday night.  I see people trying to pack one more person into a pew.

Watching Brother Colsten slowly walk from his chair to the pulpit to read the Scripture. 

Here is a video of Brother Colsten about a month ago.  When Dr. Hyles was the pastor, Brother Colsten would not do much talking before reading the Scripture.  It seems that things have changed a bit.

Bro Colsten Leads The Morning Bible Reading, June 1, 2014

I remember thinking of the folks I knew who are now in Heaven.  We used to save seats for the Sikma's and other folks. 

Side note: I'm esoecially liking this thread already.

Carry on. (I've been itching to use that phrase.)

As I look at the platform I can see the following staff men sitting: Brother Colsten, Ray Young, Eddie Lapina, Roy Moffitt, Brother Auclair (sp?), Brother Sully, etc.  Yes, I can even see Dave Hyles.