So close your eyes and tell me.......

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
patriotic said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
I see nothing but the inside of my eye lids as I suffered through Sunday night services.  But I would love to be back in those days. 8)

Just to sit through one Sunday evening service once again....................

But not in the mezzanine......

To be honest, there were some Sunday evening services, after leaving campus around 5 :45 AM, that I rather looked forward to my turn in the mezzanine where I didn't have to stand up for singing, etc., and I could be nearly invisible.

I can totally understand why you say that, but your last name did not start with the same letter as Raider's did.  :(

It seemed like I always got to watch him drool while he snored.

The main problem with the Mezzarack was the heat.  It was always terribly hot.

And it stank.  Smelled like a bunch of HACkers who had spent the day sweating profusely on a bus, while being smothered with kids who hadn't bathed in a week, and were now passed out cold allowing every bodily function to release fumes.
More tears! :p

prophet said:
fishinnut said:
BALAAM said:
Binaca Chugger said:
BALAAM said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
patriotic said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
I see nothing but the inside of my eye lids as I suffered through Sunday night services.  But I would love to be back in those days. 8)

To be honest, there were some Sunday evening services, after leaving campus around 5 :45 AM, that I rather looked forward to my turn in the mezzanine where I didn't have to stand up for singing, etc., and I could be nearly invisible.

I can totally understand why you say that, but your last name did not start with the same letter as Raider's did.  :(

And it stank.  Smelled like a bunch of HACkers who had spent the day sweating profusely on a bus, while being smothered with kids who hadn't bathed in a week, and were now passed out cold allowing every bodily function to release fumes.

Lovely!

That's why we called them STINKIN' HACkers!  :p

That is why they needed to teach the hackers to carry along a little can of deodorant that they could spray on the outside of their shirts.
Glad I was married before HAC.......Smelled fine in the regular balcony, nice view also.
If you were a little kid, and you laid down to sleep on a pew (Wed night in the summer) the pews smelled awful, even in the regular balcony.

Earnestly Contend
Well, what did you expect?  Roses? :p

16KJV11 said:
prophet said:
fishinnut said:
BALAAM said:
Binaca Chugger said:
BALAAM said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
patriotic said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

Lovely!

That's why we called them STINKIN' HACkers!  [emoji14]

That is why they needed to teach the hackers to carry along a little can of deodorant that they could spray on the outside of their shirts.
Glad I was married before HAC.......Smelled fine in the regular balcony, nice view also.
If you were a little kid, and you laid down to sleep on a pew (Wed night in the summer) the pews smelled awful, even in the regular balcony.

Earnestly Contend
Well, what did you expect?  Roses? [emoji14]
New car smell?
Anything but butt cheese.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
I see Hackers packed into the front row so tight that the ends of the pew could blow out at any moment.

Didn't that happen during one of your dates with CF?

:)
Funny, I don't remember anyones' end blowing out!

fishinnut said:
I see............

A homeless guy in a floor length trench coat sit down next to my wife & I on the main floor & when he unbuttoned his coat I spy a sawed-off shot gun. I walked back to Joel Potter a local cop & FBCH usher & let him know. The guy was quickly manhandled out of there.
I'm surprised that you didn't try to take him out yourself!

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
I see............

A homeless guy in a floor length trench coat sit down next to my wife & I on the main floor & when he unbuttoned his coat I spy a sawed-off shot gun. I walked back to Joel Potter a local cop & FBCH usher & let him know. The guy was quickly manhandled out of there.
I'm surprised that you didn't try to take him out yourself!
That was a task for the police & there was one closeby. That was years ago & the lesson for churches is have cops or armed members trained by the police at your services today.

I remember seeing roach coaches for the first time ever on Willow Ct.

16KJV11 said:
I remember seeing roach coaches for the first time ever on Willow Ct.
I remember being afraid to eat from them.

I remember being acutely aware of how run-down everything was around Hammond except for First Baptist Church of Hammond.

I remember being appalled at the condition of the Seifert(sp) building the first time I went in it!

I remember hearing the Sailors addition of oh, oh oh, to the chorus of the song "At Calvary" every time it was sung.

I remember the sickly sweet smell of the bus at the end of the day, especially when I had to sweep it.

I remember a bus kid puking on me on the way to church. I had to walk up to Dean Jorgensen to ask for permission to go back to the college and change. I also remember the look on his face when he caught a whiff of me.

Last edited:
I remember my first Sunday morning at FBC Hammond. I sat by two very large women who may have ridden the bus. I have nothing against large women or buses; however, the way they smelled was very memorable! It was ghastly.

I remember leaving HAC after I graduated. I saw the sunset as the bus pulled away. I hoped there would be more to life.....and there was:)