So, what's the story behind your name?

I didn't drink the kool-aid, but I did chug the Binaca.

A group of us kids would put our allowance money together and buy the big bottle of gold Binaca from the church bookstore.  Dares would follow to see who would down the whole thing.  We never knew why it burned so bad going down, but we sure did enjoy church!

Later in life, I learned Binaca is 27% alcohol.  I had to give it up for Jesus.  So much for telling my kids I never touched alcohol, I got my first taste at church!

Binaca Chugger said:

A group of us kids would put our allowance money together and buy the big bottle of gold Binaca from the church bookstore.  Dares would follow to see who would down the whole thing.  We never knew why it burned so bad going down, but we sure did enjoy church!

Later in life, I learned Binaca is 27% alcohol.  I had to give it up for Jesus.  So much for telling my kids I never touched alcohol, I got my first taste at church!

That is a classic!!  :)

So, what's the story behind your name?
This is my first discussion group; I derived my name from here, (Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace).

I was and still am very patriotic. 

I purposely did not capitalize it so that people could not identify me by my usually correct grammar, spelling, and mechanics. 

Undertaker is a name I used else where.
It's my profession that pays the bills, although I enjoy preaching more.

I have been Media Man and Mr. Forum Man on other forums that I helped administer.

I did have an alter ego on some but i'm so over that. (name not released)

Well, about 40 years ago my Mom chose to name me after my Dad. The rest, as they say, is history...

;D

Seriously, when I came on the old threaded forum about ten years ago it was after lurking for about a year. I realized that a large percentage of posters felt they could be unkind/rude since nobody knew who they were. I chose to use my own name as a way of holding myself accountable, both for the content of what I post, and the tenor with which I post it.

Sherry is my real first name

h is the first letter of my last name...........I've been on these forums before 2000....

we have new names on the forum .....pm me if we know each other  :)

Tom Brennan said:
Well, about 40 years ago my Mom chose to name me after my Dad. The rest, as they say, is history...

;D

Seriously, when I came on the old threaded forum about ten years ago it was after lurking for about a year. I realized that a large percentage of posters felt they could be unkind/rude since nobody knew who they were. I chose to use my own name as a way of holding myself accountable, both for the content of what I post, and the tenor with which I post it.

I applaud you for this. often, anonymity leads to acrimony in words and spirit.

I chose to use an alias because I still have many friends and family attending FBC. I will never attend an IFB church again - hence, Norefund.

Binaca Chugger said:

I slammed the big bottle once, in 8th grade bio, as a dare.  We had lab that day, and I remember asking Mr V.  if it was possible that there was a chemical leak in the lab, cuz I was feeling dizzy...:p

Anishinabe

prophet said:
Binaca Chugger said:

I slammed the big bottle once, in 8th grade bio, as a dare.  We had lab that day, and I remember asking Mr V.  if it was possible that there was a chemical leak in the lab, cuz I was feeling dizzy...:p

Anishinabe

So that's where the idea came from!  Thanks upper classmen! 8)

At least you weren't huffing the formaldehyde........yet!

I grew up in Colorado listening to The Lone Ranger on the radio. We didn't have a TV, not because it was evil but because we were poor. My first viewing of The Lone Ranger on the television was on my bus route, 52F. It was on every Saturday morning from 10:30 - 11:00, so I had one family I would always visit  at 10:30. We had some great discipleship sessions during that half hour.

Lone Ranger said:
My first viewing of The Lone Ranger on the television was on my bus route, 52F. It was on every Saturday morning from 10:30 - 11:00, so I had one family I would always visit  at 10:30. We had some great discipleship sessions during that half hour.

You stinkin' (I love that word) deadbeat!!  While Chicago was going to Hell you were watching the liberal Lone Ranger!!!

qwerty said:
Your guess is as good as mine.

I use a Dvorak keyboard.

Seriously? 

How?    That would be like learning another new language. 

BTW, I like Dvorak's New World Symphony.

I wanted something other than Garfield his time, so I chose the first initial of each of my children.

On the original forum I signed on as Christian Hedonist (term coined by John Piper). That consistently got misconstrued so I changed it to Smellin Coffee after the Chris Rice song. The original forum wouldn't let me use the apostrophe after the "n" so I've always left it off.

Chris Rice- Smellin' Coffee

Mathew Ward said:
Born with it.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

The truth is more simple and unflattering. Like me, you have no imagination...

;)

Tom Brennan said:
Mathew Ward said:
Born with it.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

The truth is more simple and unflattering. Like me, you have no imagination...

;)

It was just my imagination, runnin' away with me!  :)