RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Still There said:
Let's just say you don't see catholics removing their names from their churches.  Sad that Baptists seems to want to remove their name from their churches.  Ashamed of being a Baptist?

I agree.
And it's not just happening there in NW Indiana 'b/c people are tired of the stigma', but it's happening all over the place to all different denominations.
It's a part of the 'No rules, just right' mentality that doesn't want to be identified with the past or with a denomination.
A 'church of Christ' type church did that up here not too long ago.
It used to be called "West Hills Christian Church" and they changed their name to "Impact Ministries."
Still same doctrine (baptismal regeneration) but if you didn't know better, you'd get sucked into it.
At least when there was a moniker, you could pretty much judge what you were getting into before you went in.

When you see FBCH/HAC staff members getting sucked into this thought pattern it lets you know what puppets they were to start with.

That'll leave a mark!

Remember when we questioned how staff members could sit and listen to Schaap and his heresy?  I'm guessing these are some of the same people.
You're on a roll today, why quit now? :D

Was hoping for the "defenders" to arrive.  ;)

http://youtu.be/ISCT16HZsI4

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Still There said:
Let's just say you don't see catholics removing their names from their churches.  Sad that Baptists seems to want to remove their name from their churches.  Ashamed of being a Baptist?

I agree.
And it's not just happening there in NW Indiana 'b/c people are tired of the stigma', but it's happening all over the place to all different denominations.
It's a part of the 'No rules, just right' mentality that doesn't want to be identified with the past or with a denomination.
It used to be called "West Hills Christian Church" and they changed their name to "Impact Ministries."
Still same doctrine (baptismal regeneration) but if you didn't know better, you'd get sucked into it.
At least when there was a moniker, you could pretty much judge what you were getting into before you went in.

So you are Lighthouse Baptist Church and there is Westboro Baptist Church. If I am not from a Baptist background there is a chance I might not know the the difference. FBCH was a far cry from West Shore Baptist Church (American Baptist). You mentioned West Hills Christian Church is baptismal regeneration. My stepson is youth pastor at Calvary Christian Church which is changed doctrine (no longer baptismal regeneration) but not names. There are a lot of ways to find out about a church before you go into the building. I don't think the name really tells you what you are getting into in a church. I think that each congregation can decide what they want to be called and how the name helps or hurts their ministry.

LongGone said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Still There said:

I agree.

So you are Lighthouse Baptist Church and there is Westboro Baptist Church. If I am not from a Baptist background there is a chance I might not know the the difference. FBCH was a far cry from West Shore Baptist Church (American Baptist). You mentioned West Hills Christian Church is baptismal regeneration. My stepson is youth pastor at Calvary Christian Church which is changed doctrine (no longer baptismal regeneration) but not names. There are a lot of ways to find out about a church before you go into the building. I don't think the name really tells you what you are getting into in a church. I think that each congregation can decide what they want to be called and how the name helps or hurts their ministry.
I understand what you are saying and I agree with you to a certain extent.
Yes, our Baptist Church is a lot different in many respects than most other Baptist Churches.
Music, polity, preaching style, and other issues, such as the security of the believer.  Even that issue can be understood if the church moniker includes 'Freewill Baptist'.
But most Baptist Churches, not all, but most believe in the Baptist fundamentals.
I'm sure you'll find a few that don't, but for the most part when I see a Baptist Church, I can count on at least the fundamentals being taught there.
However, non-denominational churches can be from A-Z in what they believe.
Now, saying that, I'm not wholly opposed to non-denom. churches.
If they are KJV, preaching the word, and the services haven't taken on that 'night club' aura, praise the Lord for it.
I'd go there before I'd go to a dead Baptist Church, or one which has compromised with the world.
But I am Baptist by conviction (for many reasons) and don't ever plan on changing.

16KJV11 said:
But I am Baptist a Sunbeam bread eater by conviction (for many reasons) and don't ever plan on changing.

There....looks better.

16KJV11 said:
LongGone said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Still There said:

I agree.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you to a certain extent.
Yes, our Baptist Church is a lot different in many respects than most other Baptist Churches.
Music, polity, preaching style, and other issues, such as the security of the believer.  Even that issue can be understood if the church moniker includes 'Freewill Baptist'.
But most Baptist Churches, not all, but most believe in the Baptist fundamentals.
I'm sure you'll find a few that don't, but for the most part when I see a Baptist Church, I can count on at least the fundamentals being taught there.
However, non-denominational churches can be from A-Z in what they believe.
Now, saying that, I'm not wholly opposed to non-denom. churches.
If they are KJV, preaching the word, and the services haven't taken on that 'night club' aura, praise the Lord for it.
I'd go there before I'd go to a dead Baptist Church, or one which has compromised with the world.
But I am Baptist by conviction (for many reasons) and don't ever plan on changing.

I have no problem with you not changing your church's name and no problem with those who believe the name has a stigma.

Bethel, Crown Point. Many of my friends go here.

28577259_2039982116017053_4920003541922830790_n.jpg

28467666_2039982129350385_3252447452729201950_n.jpg

28378319_2039982159350382_2798965485062098616_n.jpg

bgwilkinson said:

Nice phallic symbol.

bgwilkinson said:

28467666_2039982129350385_3252447452729201950_n.jpg

28378319_2039982159350382_2798965485062098616_n.jpg

I went there when they were Baptist part of the GARB and followed all things Liberty

Now they are not Baptist in name or doctrine.