Stealing Sermons

Years ago, on an early incarnation of the FFF, I remember someone posting that preacher boys of the Hyles camp were being taught not merely to repeat Jack's sermons, but to replicate them even down to the tone of voice and gestures.

If someone was coming from a culture where that kind of plagiarism was actively encouraged, I suppose it's understandable why they don't see a problem with it in other contexts either.

(Would something like this also explain why Jack Schaap always sounds like he's from Texas even though he's from Michigan?)
That's because Jackie boy wanted an immortal legacy on this planet. His ego had no end.

Back in college, I briefly dated a girl from central Michigan. She didn’t strike me as having any sort of accent, but I recall there were certain words she pronounced that were odd to me. The one word that really sticks out in my mind is how she pronounced button. I literally could never pronounce it the way she did, even when I really concentrated on trying to mimic her pronunciation.

Another college dating story involved a girl from Wyoming. Again, no discernible accent, but when I met her dad, I couldn’t get over the fact that he had a fairly strong southern sounding accent. Come to find out he worked for months at a time in the Texas oil fields and I guess after enough years of going back and forth to Texas, he just adopted some of the twang.
I was engaged to a girl from Laingsburg, just outside of Lansing, and she had a slight accent. She had a hard time pronouncing the word "didn't" and would say it "dent." Drove me crazy!

Explain....I think I know what you mean, but, give an example.....LOL
Very simple... What is the text of Billy Sunday's sermon?

You already know the answer right? ;)

But boy he could sure holler and shout!

Which is the measure by which certain knot-heads in the IFB world call "Good Preeching!"

That's because Jackie boy wanted an immortal legacy on this planet. His ego had no end.
He used to make fun of those preacher boys who copied his cough. He would make light of those who would copy his mannerisms and over and over and over again he would call those who copied his sermons word for word Lazy and told them to spend the time and study and get their own sermons from God. He did always add if I say anything that would help you in your sermon use it, He would say, I'm only a voice. He credited those who can before him with much of what he had learned.

One year at pastor school Jack Hyles focused on all the great men who influenced him in his life. He talked a lot about Bob Jones Sr, Lester Roloff, Tom Malone, Lee Robinson, Joe Boyd, Bill Monroe, Bill Rice, and many others. He also talked of his childhood pastor who influenced him greatly. He spoke in great detail of his close friendship with Dr. John R. Rice and the many things he learned from him as they traveled together and spoke at the sword conferences.

I recall him talking about his humble beginnings and crediting the great men in his life and God's grace for any success he has had. He stated often that week that no man is an island unto themselves and we owe a debt to those who came before us and who taught us along the way. He talked of the tens of thousands of sermons he had heard and read and how they had a profound influence on his own preaching.

Despite what is often posted here, Jack Hyles never mentioned Peter Ruckman, that week or ever in a sermon or in print that I recall. I don't know for a fact, but I believe Jack Hyles was not a fan of Ruckman.

Very simple... What is the text of Billy Sunday's sermon?

You already know the answer right? ;)

But boy he could sure holler and shout!

Which is the measure by which certain knot-heads in the IFB world call "Good Preeching!"
Yep! You and I both know that's right! Blustering, bloviating, bats turds... ;)