Mr. White

Elect
Reaction score
Schaap would have ate this up.

https://twitter.com/edstetzer/status/987778347643080704

Mr. White said:

I'm sure he would have invited him to speak at pastor's school the next year...

16KJV11 said:
Mr. White said:

I'm sure he would have invited him to speak at pastor's school the next year...

Was driving by this church the other day...  At one time one of the most influential churches in the United States

https://www.google.com/search?ei=b9DbWuTXB4ykjwT0l6jYDw&q=MOODY+MEMORIAL+CHURCH+PICTURE&oq=MOODY+MEMORIAL+CHURCH+PICTURE&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1.909.1090.0.1193.4.2.0.0.0.0.248.248.2-1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..3.1.246....0.tecpXDxgjVE

So what is the most influential church i fundamentalism today? Is it Lancaster Baptist Church?

Jrock said:
So what is the most influential church i fundamentalism today? Is it Lancaster Baptist Church?
Good question.  Not sure what to say about that.

Jrock said:
So what is the most influential church in fundamentalism today? 

The one you attend and serve in.

Undoubtedly it's First Baptist Dallas where Mrs. Hyles attended and taught SS until her home going.

Pastor gets major national TV time.

Big Trump supporter.

bgwilkinson said:

Undoubtedly it's First Baptist Dallas where Mrs. Hyles attended and taught SS until her home going.

Big Trump supporter.

I guess you would have to define fundamentalism to accurately answer that question.
FWIW, First Baptist Dallas isn't even the most influential church in the SBC.

Tarheel Baptist said:
bgwilkinson said:

Big Trump supporter.

I guess you would have to define fundamentalism to accurately answer that question.

Yes.  I would never call the SBC "fundamentalists".  While true that many SBC churches preach and teach the fundamentals, the leadership is quite different.  And isn't that why so many broke away in the first place?

Just reading this article would make most want to hurl at the outrageous comments by Land.  And this is just one example.  Wasn't it the SBC that had "dialogue" with Rome?

http://apprising.org/2010/08/31/sbcs-richard-land-says-mormonism-fourth-abrahamic-faith/

For the sake of this thread I believe we are talking about IFB churches of the FBCH stripe.  I think you would be talking about churches like Lancaster Baptist Church, FBCH, North Valley Baptist Church, Clays Mill Road Baptist Church, etc.

While FBC Hammond had more influence than Lancaster Baptist, I believe Paul Chappell has a greater/broader influence today than Jack Hyles ever had. Domestically AND internationally.

John MacArthur is the most influential fundamentalist alive. It's really not even close. He may not identify with the term as used today, but in the traditional usage of the term, he is every bit one.

RAIDER said:
For the sake of this thread I believe we are talking about IFB churches of the FBCH stripe.  I think you would be talking about churches like Lancaster Baptist Church, FBCH, North Valley Baptist Church, Clays Mill Road Baptist Church, etc.

If that's the case then Chappell is the biggest fish in that pond in almost every way.

Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
bgwilkinson said:

Big Trump supporter.

Yes.  I would never call the SBC "fundamentalists".  While true that many SBC churches preach and teach the fundamentals, the leadership is quite different.  And isn't that why so many broke away in the first place?

Just reading this article would make most want to hurl at the outrageous comments by Land.  And this is just one example.  Wasn't it the SBC that had "dialogue" with Rome?

http://apprising.org/2010/08/31/sbcs-richard-land-says-mormonism-fourth-abrahamic-faith/

IF forced to choose, I'd rather be associated with Land than Schaap (Jack or Ken), Anderson (Steve or Russell), Hyles (Jack or Dave) or many other IFB's I know personally.

Tarheel Baptist said:
IF forced to choose, I'd rather be associated with Land than Schaap (Jack or Ken), Anderson (Steve or Russell), Hyles (Jack or Dave) or many other IFB's I know personally.

When you put it that way.....

question-emoji.jpg

Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

question-emoji.jpg

And I can also say there are some IFB Pastors that I am honored to be 'associated with'.

:)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

question-emoji.jpg

And I can also say there are some IFB Pastors that I am honored to be 'associated with'.

:)
Like me... ???

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
bgwilkinson said:

Big Trump supporter.

Land is so much better. I'm more pleased with Land's successor, Russell Moore.

Jrock said:

Landover Baptist Church is the most influential

Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

If that's the case then Chappell is the biggest fish in that pond in almost every way.

IMO, Paul Chappell is not the stipe of Jack Hyles FBC Hammond. I think Jack Hyles would be repulsed by Chappell. But then again once JH realized the influence of PC he may not have said anything publicly.