Stetzer visits FBC

Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
For the sake of this thread I believe we are talking about IFB churches of the FBCH stripe.  I think you would be talking about churches like Lancaster Baptist Church, FBCH, North Valley Baptist Church, Clays Mill Road Baptist Church, etc.

If that's the case then Chappell is the biggest fish in that pond in almost every way.

IMO, Paul Chappell is not the stipe of Jack Hyles FBC Hammond. I think Jack Hyles would be repulsed by Chappell. But then again once JH realized the influence of PC he may not have said anything publicly.

Does Lancaster average around 3,000?

WESLEY said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:
For the sake of this thread I believe we are talking about IFB churches of the FBCH stripe.  I think you would be talking about churches like Lancaster Baptist Church, FBCH, North Valley Baptist Church, Clays Mill Road Baptist Church, etc.

If that's the case then Chappell is the biggest fish in that pond in almost every way.

IMO, Paul Chappell is not the stipe of Jack Hyles FBC Hammond. I think Jack Hyles would be repulsed by Chappell. But then again once JH realized the influence of PC he may not have said anything publicly.

Does Lancaster average around 3,000?

I don?t know, I?m sure they do. My point is, IMO, Chappell is not JH stripe, at all.

16KJV11 said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
IF forced to choose, I'd rather be associated with Land than Schaap (Jack or Ken), Anderson (Steve or Russell), Hyles (Jack or Dave) or many other IFB's I know personally.

When you put it that way.....
:

question-emoji.jpg

And I can also say there are some IFB Pastors that I am honored to be 'associated with'.

:)
Like me... ???

Absolutely!  :)

Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

He may not be the same stripe as Hyles, but he is, IMO, the most influential fundamentalist today. At least the way Raider defines fundamentalist (for this thread). If you include greater evangelicalism, then Chappell drops significantly down the list.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

He may not be the same stripe as Hyles, but he is, IMO, the most influential fundamentalist today. At least the way Raider defines fundamentalist (for this thread). If you include greater evangelicalism, then Chappell drops significantly down the list.

Lancaster is not the same as any names on Raiders list.

Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

I thought Chappell Pastored Lancaster Baptist Church.
If not, my mistake.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

I thought Chappell Pastored Lancaster Baptist Church.
If not, my mistake.

He does (or his wife does).

Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

Sure they are - IFB, KJV, strong dress standards, non-contemporary music, soul winning, etc

RAIDER said:
Sure they are -.... non-contemporary music....

You obviously haven't been reading David Cloud.

Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
Sure they are -.... non-contemporary music....

You obviously haven't been reading David Cloud.

Cloud thinks The Old Rugged Cross is a contemporary song.

Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

Hahah yeah right, Jack Hyles preached there in 94.

Lancaster Baptist, from last I heard, is averaging a little under 5000. Chappell's followers on Twitter on the other hand is more than 3 of the Republicans that ran for the President in 2016.

Speaking of Paul Chappell:

http://youtu.be/d2ze8F6flv8

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

Sure they are - IFB, KJV, strong dress standards, non-contemporary music, soul winning, etc

Clays Mill Road Baptist is pastored by Jeff Fugate, if I?m not mistaken. If anyone on this thread believes PC and Jeff Fugate are the same stripe.........knows absolutely nothing of either man.

Jeff Fugate is hard core oldpaths........hard core.......hard core.....more like Jack Hyles. Jeff Fugate endorses John Hamblin lock stock and barrel.

Paul Chappell allows the girls to wear shorts when playing volleyball. Does anyone on here think for one second that Jack Hyles or Jeff Fugate would allow this in their schools? I think not my friends, I think not!!!!!

Look PC is IFB and is KJV only but a completely different stripe.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

Clays Mill Road Baptist is pastored by Jeff Fugate, if I?m not mistaken. If anyone on this thread believes PC and Jeff Fugate are the same stripe.........knows absolutely nothing of either man.

Jeff Fugate is hard core oldpaths........hard core.......hard core.....more like Jack Hyles. Jeff Fugate endorses John Hamblin lock stock and barrel.

Paul Chappell allows the girls to wear shorts when playing volleyball. Does anyone on here think for one second that Jack Hyles or Jeff Fugate would allow this in their schools? I think not my friends, I think not!!!!!

I see and cede your point.
Forgive me, I'm slow... :)

Twisted said:
Yes.  I would never call the SBC "fundamentalists".
Why not? They believe the fundamentals of the faith.
Twisted said:
While true that many SBC churches preach and teach the fundamentals, the leadership is quite different.
How so? And what leadership are you talking about? The Convention officers have no means to direct the churches, which are autonomous.
Twisted said:
And isn't that why so many broke away in the first place?
Back in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, yes. But I am sure you are aware of the "Conservative Resurgence" that began the swing in the SBC seminaries back to conservative fundamentalism and away from the liberal, modernist error that had taken control of the seminaries.

Twisted said:
Wasn't it the SBC that had "dialogue" with Rome?
The old SBC. Yes. But since the Conservative Resurgence most SBC churches believe pretty much like most IFB churches. In fact, after the Liberals were cleaned out of the seminaries, many of those teaching positions were filled by IFB professors.

You are aware, are you not, that those who held to what you are criticizing (and rightly so) left the SBC in 1990 (1900 churches left the Convention) and formed the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship leaving the Conservative Fundamentalists in charge of the Convention and the Seminaries?

I now live in the far, far south of Texas and find that the SBC churches here are much more conservative than the very few IFB churches in this area (I am aware of only two IFB churches serving a population of right around 1 million people but there are 275 conservative SBC congregations). :)

Thomas Cassidy said:
Twisted said:
Yes.  I would never call the SBC "fundamentalists".
Why not? They believe the fundamentals of the faith.
Twisted said:
While true that many SBC churches preach and teach the fundamentals, the leadership is quite different.
How so? And what leadership are you talking about? The Convention officers have no means to direct the churches, which are autonomous.
Twisted said:
And isn't that why so many broke away in the first place?
Back in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, yes. But I am sure you are aware of the "Conservative Resurgence" that began the swing in the SBC seminaries back to conservative fundamentalism and away from the liberal, modernist error that had taken control of the seminaries.

Twisted said:
Wasn't it the SBC that had "dialogue" with Rome?
The old SBC. Yes. But since the Conservative Resurgence most SBC churches believe pretty much like most IFB churches. In fact, after the Liberals were cleaned out of the seminaries, many of those teaching positions were filled by IFB professors.

You are aware, are you not, that those who held to what you are criticizing (and rightly so) left the SBC in 1990 (1900 churches left the Convention) and formed the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship leaving the Conservative Fundamentalists in charge of the Convention and the Seminaries?

I now live in the far, far south of Texas and find that the SBC churches here are much more conservative than the very few IFB churches in this area (I am aware of only two IFB churches serving a population of right around 1 million people but there are 275 conservative SBC congregations). :)

Nice response.

If you want to call the SBC "Fundamentalists", then please do.  I choose not to.

I am also thrilled anytime any church preaches the gospel.  I even know a few Methodist churches that do.

However, money put in the plate still (in most SBC churches) goes to support the Cooperative Program which supports the denominational leadership of the SBC.  I choose not to support such.  You want to?  Go for it.

My advice is to be wary of anyone wanting to put a positive spin on any church/denomination that has a continuing history of compromise.  Of such avoid.

https://www.wayoflife.org/database/whynotsbc.html

https://feasite.org/sbc_bwa_dialogue

https://feasite.org/sbc-pastor-some-scriptures-belong-footnotes

https://feasite.org/conservative-evangelicals-partner-heretical-ihop

https://feasite.org/southern-baptist-leader-speaks-vatican

Twisted said:
Nice response.
Thank you.
Twisted said:
If you want to call the SBC "Fundamentalists", then please do.  I choose not to.
Which of the Fundamentals do you accuse them of denying?
Twisted said:
However, money put in the plate still (in most SBC churches) goes to support the Cooperative Program which supports the denominational leadership of the SBC.  I choose not to support such.  You want to?  Go for it.
We don't financially support denominational leadership either. You are aware, are you not, that the elected leaders do not receive a salary? 
Twisted said:
My advice is to be wary of anyone wanting to put a positive spin on any church/denomination that has a continuing history of compromise.  Of such avoid.
Okay. Like the IFBs who tolerated Hyles, Hyles, Schaap, Ballenger, Combs, Mulligan, etc., etc.? I agree. That is why I avoid IFB churches. Good point.

Thomas Cassidy said:
Twisted said:
Nice response.
Thank you.
Twisted said:
Which of the Fundamentals do you accuse them of denying?
Twisted said:
We don't financially support denominational leadership either. You are aware, are you not, that the elected leaders do not receive a salary? 
Twisted said:
Okay. Like the IFBs who tolerated Hyles, Hyles, Schaap, Ballenger, Combs, Mulligan, etc., etc.? I agree. That is why I avoid IFB churches. Good point.

Nice response!  :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Bruh said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
RAIDER said:

I see and cede your point.
Forgive me, I'm slow... :)

I always did like you.