Strong clear message Billi Graham

ALAYMAN said:
admin said:
No snickers bar for Bianaca Chugger.

Do you and Binaca still beat your wives?

;)

Only if she's not wearing hose.  :eek:

Seriously - how does that work itself into the conversation?

I manage the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association account for our company. We had to recruit 500 believers to answer the phones for those calling in for salvation for this campaign. We have had "operators" answering the phones from 7pm to 2am and a few other block of times since Wednesday. I've put in my 80 hours this week (oh whoa is me LOL) and planning on going in about an hour from now for the last evening.

BGEA takes this oh so seriously. Because our company is a for-profit we can not mandate that who we hire is a believer but we try to screen pretty well to do so. Two weeks ago a trainer from BGEA came to train our full-time operators. Every employee associated with the project had to submit a response to a questionnaire asking what it meant to  be a believer and how they knew they were a believer, did they go to church and what church they attended....even if they could call their pastor. They rejected about 15% of our regular workforce.

We are blessed to be 5 miles from Liberty University and filled our recruitment needs from the students there. They too had to fill out the same questionnaire, all were read, and a few were turned down. As I say, BGEA takes it seriously.  Jerry Falwell Jr was very gracious to allow us the use of one of their math study labs with 250 computers to complement our own call center capacity. The students took calls using their own cell phones!

For a shift last night BGEA asked us drop the need by half for a shift. I sent an email out to the students letting them know it was first come, first serve. We had students lining up two hours ahead of time to get in. Some of our managers and the BGEA trainer could not say enough about how eager, nice and respectful the students were.

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=104810

Who Billi Graham?

Is he like one those guys like those that came out in the 70s trying to steal a reputation of Bruce Lee like Bruce Li, Bruce Lei, and Bruce Lea

:D

Just John I just watched his program.....it hit a truth that no one but Billy Graham can touch...God bless you..

Evelyn said:
T-Bone said:
I watched the Billy Graham program tonight...his last message to the world on his 95th birthday... the cross and that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Strong testimonies from Lecrea & Lacey Sturm of the power of God to save.  I was blessed, I was encouraged, I want to be sharing this wonderful message all my life.

T -  is your church going to participate in the My Hope program?  Our church has been training for a few weeks now and our pastor has shown two of the videos during church services.  The response has been tremendous.  We have nearly a dozen families signed up to host services specifically aimed at the lost and I am looking forward to seeing these folks get saved and grow in the Lord.  The program is well done and if I wasn't already saved, I'd be wanting to get saved all over again.

Evelyn, we were going to be involved but we had other scheduling issues, so are not...praying for all the churches reaching out to the lost!  Bless you

No one agrees with everyone all the time...but here is a 95 year old man who has stayed the course.  No scandal, no financial improprieties and once again when he gets to share what will be his final message its about the cross.  I can only hope and pray that will be my legacy.  I would caution those who would throw stones (not those who have legitimate disagreements)...you have not got there yet, stop throwing the stones at a faithful servant of God and go and do likewise!

Holy Mole said:
Who Billi Graham?

Is he like one those guys like those that came out in the 70s trying to steal a reputation of Bruce Lee like Bruce Li, Bruce Lei, and Bruce Lea

:D
So disappointing, those fake Bruce's.  Except' They Still Call Me Bruce', cuz we knew he wasn't real.

Anishinabe

Our church participated in the program.  We had ended up with over 50 "Matthews" signed up to participate actively by inviting someone to watch the program with them or come over and view the video.  We ordered 30 videos and they were all taken the first week and we had to order more.  Mark and I had 3 unsaved couples come over to watch the video and discuss it over pizza afterwards.  We didn't have any professions there, however one elderly woman (who Mark worked with on the District 5 Firehouse Foundation) was deeply touched and I have no doubt ministry to her will continue.  She is a lady that hated Mark when he first became chaplain for the fire dept.  They have become friends over the years and Mark and I were both amazed she would even contemplate coming over.  She is a "pre" Christian I am certain.  :)