Stuff Fundies Like is right on this one (and I hate to admit it)

Sorry, here is a link to the original video.  I'm on my phone and i couldn't figure out how to link to the actual video.
http://youtu.be/mFc-63Znye4

Say it loudly, say it boldly, say it quickly and hope no one notices you didn't say it truthfully.  ::)

Mogen David??  Darn right Jesus didn't turn water into crappy Mogen David.  It was probably much more like a Chateau Lafite Rothschild or '47 Cheval Blanc, only better. 

pastorryanhayden said:
Sorry, here is a link to the original video.  I'm on my phone and i couldn't figure out how to link to the actual video.
http://youtu.be/mFc-63Znye4

2459596-judge_doom_eyes.jpg

Doesn't context mean anything to Hamblin?

Text clearly states that the good wine was what came out first. When people were drunk on the good wine, the poor stuff was then brought out. When Jesus made the wine, it was considered good enough to have been served first which means the text implies it was alcoholic.

Smellin Coffee said:
Doesn't context mean anything to Hamblin?

Text clearly states that the good wine was what came out first. When people were drunk on the good wine, the poor stuff was then brought out. When Jesus made the wine, it was considered good enough to have been served first which means the text implies it was alcoholic.

Nothing surprises me. My Church is Anti-Sword of the Lord mostly because of Hambin. He thinks he is above the pastor from what I hear.

I don't think it was strongly alcoholic in the modern sense,  but if I were preaching that I'd be careful to say "I don't think."

pastorryanhayden said:
I don't think it was strongly alcoholic in the modern sense,  but if I were preaching that I'd be careful to say "I don't think."

Hambone doesn't know...

Pro 31:6  Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Pro 31:7  Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

or maybe

Deu 14:26  And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

He also is perverting

Hab 2:15  Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

Did you notice the last part of the verse?

Regardless of how you view "strong drink" in the miracle of the "water into wine". If you'd have drunk enough of the wine that Jesus made, you'd been drunk. My belief in what Jesus did doesn't make "Christ a sinner". Such nonsense is silly. He might as well get a day job. Maybe he'd be good at selling used cars?

The way he "interrupts Scripture"... he sounds just like a lying used car salesmen.

What?  My IFBx pastor always said that the wine in that passage of Scripture was not fermented!  He said because it does not say that anyone was drunk only that the men had "well drunk".

sheeesh, could he be wrong?

John Hamblin's son does not appear to hold to his Dad's standards.

https://twitter.com/aaroneus0210

Of course, many are fleeing such crazy legalism.

Just me said:
What?  My IFBx pastor always said that the wine in that passage of Scripture was not fermented!  He said because it does not say that anyone was drunk only that the men had "well drunk".

Are you serious?

If you believe the wine in that passage was fermented then Jesus dumped another 135 gallons of premium alcohol on an already drunk crowd at a wedding feast which His own mother attended. To put that in context, examine what Proverbs says happens when people are drunk. And Jesus made them drunker...

Right.

:eek:

Sorry Bro Tom on this one we will have to disagree...to state that the wine in Scripture was the "non-alcoholic" type requires more eisigetic gymnastics than I am willing to do!  They didn't accuse Jesus of being a drunkard because He drank welches.

Tom Brennan said:
If you believe the wine in that passage was fermented then Jesus dumped another 135 gallons of premium alcohol on an already drunk crowd at a wedding feast which His own mother attended. To put that in context, examine what Proverbs says happens when people are drunk. And Jesus made them drunker...

Right.

Really?

Is that all you've got? How about reading where Christ told his disciples to "sleep on". Or when Jehovah said he would "hide his face" from Israel..... and you have a problem with Jesus making an alcoholic beverage for a bunch of drunks? God has long given those who reject Him.... the means to corrupt themselves.

Is the next thing you're going have an issue with is Jesus making too much food when he feed the five thousands. I am sure there might have been some gluttons in the crowd. If only JESUS hadn't made all that extra food....

Tom Brennan said:

Right.

In typical IFBx fashion, assuming everybody was drinking to get drunk.
Hey Tom, guess what? alot of people, including non believers, are able to control themselves when drinking and are actually able to be.....responsible.
My in laws are living example of this

Ruth 3:7 When Boaz had eaten and drunk and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of grain;

Tom Brennan said:

Right.

How does making wine cause people to be more drunk? Did he also create the first century equivalence of a beer bong or something? What am I missing here? Best I can tell, if people were crap-faced drunk it's because they chose to drink too much long before he turned water to wine.

Castor Muscular said:
Just me said:

Are you serious?

Yes sir and so was the "preeeecher"  But then that should be no surprise considering the way xer types twist things to their advantage. 

Spent many years being twisted myself by their twisting of the Scriptures.  So glad my Lord is helping me to untwist!!

Just me said:
Castor Muscular said:
Just me said:

Are you serious?

Yes sir and so was the "preeeecher"  But then that should be no surprise considering the way xer types twist things to their advantage. 

Spent many years being twisted myself by their twisting of the Scriptures.  So glad my Lord is helping me to untwist!!

CHUBBY CHECKER LET'S TWIST AGAIN VIDEO WITH ORIGINAL SOUND

Just me said:
Castor Muscular said:
Just me said:

Are you serious?

First, I never heard anyone say that "well drunk" meant "they were drunk".  In this context, and in the context of all events serving wine, you generally bring out the best wine first.  Then when your guests have had enough (well drunk) to dull the senses to bitterness, you bring out the lesser wine which should now taste less bitter.  You aren't drunk -- you have just had enough wine so that your senses are dulled.  And this isn't something that can happen if you're drinking grape juice. 

If you want to talk about twisting, it takes a mental contortionist to conclude that the wine in the bible was grape juice.