Sunday School in Chicago

Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:
Matthew1323 said:
In an unrelated non-sports story...
the location and participation of the HAC piano man has caused some very influential HAC forum members some concern.
Where is he?
Why has he seemingly 'quit' participating in leading our forum?
Has he 'compromised' the calling that he has in leading this great forum?
Has he yoked up with another forum with low standards?
Does anyone come here to just hear the other one-eyed, one-thought, and one-string banjo pickers! This needs to be addressed publicly, IMO!
It's summer time and he is probably on vacation and spending time with family at his villa in the Carribean.
He just texted me asking me to stand up for him.
I'm going to need y'all to back me that I have.  :)

Reminds me of this story

STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS!

By Bill Otten
Years ago in a North American University, 2,000 students listened for almost one hour to a famous atheist. She ridiculed religion, defied God and attacked the Bible. At the end of her speech, a young Christian girl stood at the back of the auditorium. She didn't have any clever answers for all the arguments of the atheist; but her 'Best Friend', someone she had loved dearly, had been criticized and misrepresented that day. To the amazement of all gathered, she suddenly began to sing... "Stand up, stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross, lift high His royal banner, it must not suffer loss."

The atheist stopped speaking; the students and the teacher were stunned. Then suddenly, in a different section of the auditorium, a young man stood to his feet and joined in singing "from victory unto victory, His army shall He lead." Two others joined them, and suddenly one by one, all over the auditorium others began to stand, and lift their voices, until hundreds of students were singing..."From victory unto victory, His army shall He lead, till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed." The atheist stormed from behind the podium and said she would never be back. (Praise God!!!!) What she tried to build for hell in one hour, had been torn down in a few moments by the commitment and courage of a young Christian, who refused to be a "secret disciple!"

sword said:
Teri in NC said:
BALAAM said:
Matthew1323 said:
In an unrelated non-sports story...
the location and participation of the HAC piano man has caused some very influential HAC forum members some concern.
Where is he?
Why has he seemingly 'quit' participating in leading our forum?
Has he 'compromised' the calling that he has in leading this great forum?
Has he yoked up with another forum with low standards?
Does anyone come here to just hear the other one-eyed, one-thought, and one-string banjo pickers! This needs to be addressed publicly, IMO!
It's summer time and he is probably on vacation and spending time with family at his villa in the Carribean.
He just texted me asking me to stand up for him.
I'm going to need y'all to back me that I have.  :)

Reminds me of this story

STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS!

By Bill Otten
Years ago in a North American University, 2,000 students listened for almost one hour to a famous atheist. She ridiculed religion, defied God and attacked the Bible. At the end of her speech, a young Christian girl stood at the back of the auditorium. She didn't have any clever answers for all the arguments of the atheist; but her 'Best Friend', someone she had loved dearly, had been criticized and misrepresented that day. To the amazement of all gathered, she suddenly began to sing... "Stand up, stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross, lift high His royal banner, it must not suffer loss."

The atheist stopped speaking; the students and the teacher were stunned. Then suddenly, in a different section of the auditorium, a young man stood to his feet and joined in singing "from victory unto victory, His army shall He lead." Two others joined them, and suddenly one by one, all over the auditorium others began to stand, and lift their voices, until hundreds of students were singing..."From victory unto victory, His army shall He lead, till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed." The atheist stormed from behind the podium and said she would never be back. (Praise God!!!!) What she tried to build for hell in one hour, had been torn down in a few moments by the commitment and courage of a young Christian, who refused to be a "secret disciple!"

That is great!

Matthew 7:13-14

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 16:27

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew1323 said:

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Are you counting these type of posts as 'getting your witness in' for the week?

:)

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Yes! I do not want to get assessed those 50 demerits!

I have also been passing out tracts tonight before the Cub's game at the Great American Ball Park! I'm hoping RAIDER picks one up, if he's here!

Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

I have also been passing out tracts tonight before the Cub's game at the Great American Ball Park! I'm hoping RAIDER picks one up, if he's here!

If you are really there, I am jealous.

Not that you might run into Raider...

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

My wife and I made the trip up yesterday afternoon after making sure there would be no chance of rain during the game.

It was a fun game to watch.  Bryant had a three homer/two double night! Rizzo had home run! Even Arrietta hit a long one!  :)

Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

My wife and I made the trip up yesterday afternoon after making sure there would be no chance of rain during the game.

It was a fun game to watch.  Bryant had a three homer/two double night! Rizzo had home run! Even Arrietta hit a long one!  :)

They are really a fun team to watch play.

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Kind of like GB!

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

It is always fun to see them in person, especially when they win!

Unfortunately, the Mets thoroughly enjoyed watching the Cubs lose four in Queens this weekend.

BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Kind of like GB!

Will team Garth Brooks be performing in Chicago this summer?  :D

Matthew1323 said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Kind of like GB!

I am certainly hoping so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Kind of like GB!

I think someone is jealous!

14281.jpg

Smellin Coffee said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
BALAAM said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Kind of like GB!

I think someone is jealous!

14281.jpg

Meatloaf is always good with mashed potatoes and gravy!