Taking it too serious!

Bruh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
On another thread someone posted something about the bullet proof glass in the main auditorium at FBCH.

The poster said something along the lines of, what would happen if the shooter decided to use a side door? And Raider, of course, said the highly trained professional security guards would've tackled the guy.

So, I decided to start a thread about "FBCH took themselves too seriously" and explain what that was. I thought this would be fun!

The supposed safety of college ladies.
Ride buses majority of the time. Couldn't work off campus, yet work scholarship paid only room andboard.

Yet, drop us off for hours in gangland with only a 10 or 15 minutes meet up with bus captain sometime during the day.

(Yes,  I know lady dorm students work off campus now.)

Hyles-Anderson College

...the West Point of Fundamentalism.

"We do not have a Pastor Jack Hyles here but we do have a DR. Hyles..........." by a secretary.

fishinnut said:
"We do not have a Pastor Jack Hyles here but we do have a DR. Hyles..........." by a secretary.
I believe the caller said "may I speak to Jack?".

That was his name........

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Bus captains took themselves WAY too seriously.

When I worked at the Schererville Police Department, one afternoon I got a couple different calls about a HAC security guard pointing his gun at kids. The officer left the station, and approached the guard. He told the officer that the kids were on the grass (which was against the rules) and wouldn't get off when he told them so he thought he would scare them off.

You can bet Clyde got a call that day!

When your saving America how can you be too serious?

Smellin Coffee said:
When I worked at the Schererville Police Department, one afternoon I got a couple different calls about a HAC security guard pointing his gun at kids. The officer left the station, and approached the guard. He told the officer that the kids were on the grass (which was against the rules) and wouldn't get off when he told them so he thought he would scare them off.

Sword is right. Here they are trying to save America and kids are walking on the grass! Choose you this day who you will serve: Either America or the grass!

BALAAM said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Sword is right. Here they are trying to save America and kids are walking on the grass! Choose you this day who you will serve: Either America or the grass!

Stickin HB punks!!!

My 1st year on campus. I pull into the student parking lot & jump out head out on the walk toward my 1st class. I hear someone yelling at me & stop to hear a Security guys tell me,  "I'm going to write you a ticket for speeding!"

I had just gotten out of the service as a military policeman. So I told him I wanted to see his speed.

I ended walking..........laughing.

fishinnut said:
My 1st year on campus. I pull into the student parking lot & jump out head out on the walk toward my 1st class. I hear someone yelling at me & stop to hear a Security guys tell me,  "I'm going to write you a ticket for speeding!"

I had just gotten out of the service as a military policeman. So I told him I wanted to see his speed.

Did you ended walking to English class after you stop to hear a Security guys?

qwerty said:
fishinnut said:

Did you ended walking to English class after you stop to hear a Security guys?
Meant to say.........that I ended up walking away.......laughing at the guy.

patriotic said:
The supposed safety of college ladies.
Ride buses majority of the time. Couldn't work off campus, yet work scholarship paid only room andboard.

Yet, drop us off for hours in gangland with only a 10 or 15 minutes meet up with bus captain sometime during the day.

(Yes,  I know lady dorm students work off campus now.)

This always cracked me up.  Hyles-Anderson promoted the safety of the lady students.  For the most part I believe they did a good job.  It was almost like 75% of the thought pattern was turned off on weekends.  Talk about the ladies being in an unsafe place.

16KJV11 said:

I have to agree with you on this one.  It was like becoming a bus captain elevated your pride level by 20 points!

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

I have to agree with you on this one.  It was like becoming a bus captain elevated your pride level by 20 points!

Not everyone.  I could name some guys who were bus captains and I doubt if many here would even remember their names.  They were just faithful.

....and they are still faithful bus captains today in their own local churches, and some still drive and/or captain buses while pastoring their churches. 

patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

Not everyone.  I could name some guys who were bus captains and I doubt if many here would even remember their names.  They were just faithful.

....and they are still faithful bus captains today in their own local churches, and some still drive and/or captain buses while pastoring their churches.

Of course, not everyone, you stinkin Hackerette! 

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:

We were kind of like military men who get out of basic training, thinking we were invincible, until someone beats the doo doo out of us and brings them back to reality!  (Yes, Fishy, even Jarines...:D ducking...)