RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
The supposed safety of college ladies.
Ride buses majority of the time. Couldn't work off campus, yet work scholarship paid only room andboard.

Yet, drop us off for hours in gangland with only a 10 or 15 minutes meet up with bus captain sometime during the day.

(Yes,  I know lady dorm students work off campus now.)

This always cracked me up.  Hyles-Anderson promoted the safety of the lady students.  For the most part I believe they did a good job.  It was almost like 75% of the thought pattern was turned off on weekends.  Talk about the ladies being in an unsafe place.

Or allowed them to get into a car with three females, as long as one was approved.  As if the approval from the DOW office made them invincible.

The majority of those that were approved were as big as tanks.  :)

Wait for patriotic's comment on this.

I have penciled in Raider's name as my hero for the next 30 minute time slot. Normally, I give hero status privilege in 15 minutes increments, but his obvious lack of memory caused him to be nice to me unintentionally, so I'may giving him 30 minutes. (Penciled in only so his name can easily be erased when a better hero comes up.)

Patriotic, I couldn't help but notice that your hero worship of me has gone from 30 minutes to 2 days.

Oh, it ended.

Promptly.

Thankfully.

Wake up!
Wake up!
Some of you should take more classes so you can get more sleep! ::)

By George.......me thinks he took it a little too seriously.

I always thought that "NO students allowed without permission in the staff office hallway" was silly & I never paid attention to it............& never received demerits for it.

fishinnut said:
I always thought that "NO students allowed without permission in the staff office hallway" was silly & I never paid attention to it............& never received demerits for it.

I agree with that.
Of course, I worked for a faculty member, so I had an excuse had I needed one.

patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:
The supposed safety of college ladies.
Ride buses majority of the time. Couldn't work off campus, yet work scholarship paid only room andboard.

Yet, drop us off for hours in gangland with only a 10 or 15 minutes meet up with bus captain sometime during the day.

(Yes,  I know lady dorm students work off campus now.)

This always cracked me up.  Hyles-Anderson promoted the safety of the lady students.  For the most part I believe they did a good job.  It was almost like 75% of the thought pattern was turned off on weekends.  Talk about the ladies being in an unsafe place.

Or allowed them to get into a car with three females, as long as one was approved.  As if the approval from the DOW office made them invincible.

The majority of those that were approved were as big as tanks.  :)

Wait for patriotic's comment on this.

I have penciled in Raider's name as my hero for the next 30 minute time slot. Normally, I give hero status privilege in 15 minutes increments, but his obvious lack of memory caused him to be nice to me unintentionally, so I'may giving him 30 minutes. (Penciled in only so his name can easily be erased when a better hero comes up.)

Patriotic, I couldn't help but notice that your hero worship of me has gone from 30 minutes to 2 days.

Oh, it ended.

Promptly.

Thankfully.

It lasted 23 minutes.

PS  I can only wish I was a "tank" like I was back then.....

There was a staff hallway that I used as a shortcut often.  It was off the lobby (aka dating parlor). 

It seemed I would see Raider and CF googly-eyeing each other and I would run through that hallway to go barf.

Then there was the main staff hallway where Dr. Evans office was located.

I went down that hallway twice for gatherings in the end room during the last month of my senior year.

Was the hall where Mr. Sprunger's office was count as a staff hallway?

If so, I am familiar with that one.