Tattoos

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
It seems like tattoos are becoming more and more popular.  If you had a new Christian approach you and say, "I'm thinking I would like to get a tattoo of my wife's name and face on my forearm, but I'm not sure it is right" how would you respond?

"Whatever floats your boat"

RAIDER said:
It seems like tattoos are becoming more and more popular.  If you had a new Christian approach you and say, "I'm thinking I would like to get a tattoo of my wife's name and face on my forearm, but I'm not sure it is right" how would you respond?

Thug Life ma baw!!!

I'm rather certain that ashes don't hold ink. Nothing permanent about a tatoo.

I wouldn't do it.... but I'm not everyone. I might would do it as a tribute to my wife if she passes away. I pray to go with her. :)

A long time from now ;)

I would kindly discourage them by referring to Lev. 19:28.

I would then encourage him to take the challenge of Eph. 5:25-28 to love his wife as Christ loved the church.

10425109_786801278027035_7235023847377643147_n.jpg

I have two. My dad, who had several tats, was wrong about most everything and he always said not to get any because I would regret doing it.

Well, I am pushing 50 and, yes, I regret getting them. I am a CEO of one company, and founder and partner in two other companies. Tats do not fit who I am today or being a businessman.

Thank God, they are not visible as they do not show past short sleeve shirt length!!

groupie said:
I have two. My dad, who had several tats, was wrong about most everything and he always said not to get any because I would regret doing it.

Well, I am pushing 50 and, yes, I regret getting them. I am a CEO of one company, and founder and partner in tow others companies. Tats do not fit who I am today or being a businessman.

Thank God, they are not visible as they do not show past short sleeve shirt length!!
I like your testimony.  People often get tattoos while they are young and have a certain mindset.  They do not realize that their attitudes will more thank likely change some day but the tats are permanent. 

I basically have 2 sleeves, my chest and 1/4 of my back done.
Only the "Holier than thou" "Christians" have ever made any comments about them (Dan Daniels one of them). Are there times I regret them yes, but I really don't think about it too much.

fishinnut said:

I would then encourage him to take the challenge of Eph. 5:25-28 to love his wife as Christ loved the church.

For the record. Lev 19:28 doesn't have much of anything to do with a modern tattoo. Even so, if you're going to apply Lev 19:28. They by all means.... pay attention to

Num 15:38  Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39  And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
Num 15:40  That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

Do you wear a blue ribbon on all your garments?

Techmedic said:
I basically have 2 sleeves, my chest and 1/4 of my back done.
Only the "Holier than thou" "Christians" have ever made any comments about them (Dan Daniels one of them). Are there times I regret them yes, but I really don't think about it too much.

This would probably be reason enough to discourage someone who asks. 

praise_yeshua said:
fishinnut said:

For the record. Lev 19:28 doesn't have much of anything to do with a modern tattoo. Even so, if you're going to apply Lev 19:28. They by all means.... pay attention to

Num 15:38  Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39  And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
Num 15:40  That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

I take it that you must wear both.  Do they coordinate with each other?

I have spent time ministering among a primitive jungle tribe where tats & piercings were common & commanded by demonically controlled witch-doctors. I see the same now in the good old USA a with few more clothes on the people.

The only advice I would give is to think long term when choosing design & placement. 

I have a tattoo - I got it in 2013 at the age of 52 (I was already a grandmother!)  It's the word "Stronger" in black & pink letters, placed between the scar from my chemo port and the scar from my mastectomy.  It's hard to explain, but it's a great source of comfort & hope to me when I notice it - and I don't think Jesus minds at all.  (Very few people will ever see it, but all of my doctors love it! ;) )

Least of These said:
The only advice I would give is to think long term when choosing design & placement. 

I have a tattoo - I got it in 2013 at the age of 52 (I was already a grandmother!)  It's the word "Stronger" in black & pink letters, placed between my the scar from my chemo port and the scar from my mastectomy.  It's hard to explain, but it's a great source of comfort & hope to me when I notice it - and I don't think Jesus minds at all.  (Very few people will ever see it, but all of my doctors love it! ;) )

Wow!  What a testimony!

I admit that I am too chicken to get one and was brought up to believe they were wrong.....but I have to say that I would consider something like this if ever in this boat.

God bless you.  Seriously.  Thank you for sharing.

fishinnut said:
praise_yeshua said:
fishinnut said:

I have spent time ministering among a primitive jungle tribe where tats & piercings were common & commanded by demonically controlled witch-doctors. I see the same now in the good old USA a with few more clothes on the people.

I don't have either. I was just pointing out while you're keep one..... you're breaking the other. James talked about this.

Do you remember what he said?

Did those witch doctors wear clothes? I'd say.... you have that in common with the witch doctors. Guilt by association has never been a valid reason for much of anything. I'm not going to stop wearing suits because Bill Clinton likes to wear them.

fishinnut said:
praise_yeshua said:
fishinnut said:

You see demonically controlled witch doctors telling folks in the US of A to get tattoos?

Teri in NC said:
Least of These said:

I have a tattoo - I got it in 2013 at the age of 52 (I was already a grandmother!)  It's the word "Stronger" in black & pink letters, placed between my the scar from my chemo port and the scar from my mastectomy.  It's hard to explain, but it's a great source of comfort & hope to me when I notice it - and I don't think Jesus minds at all.  (Very few people will ever see it, but all of my doctors love it! ;) )

Wow!  What a testimony!

I admit that I am too chicken to get one and was brought up to believe they were wrong.....but I have to say that I would consider something like this if ever in this boat.

God bless you.  Seriously.  Thank you for sharing.

And the Snicker tattoo on your right bicep doesn't count?????