Tattoos

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
Least of These said:
The only advice I would give is to think long term when choosing design & placement. 

I have a tattoo - I got it in 2013 at the age of 52 (I was already a grandmother!)  It's the word "Stronger" in black & pink letters, placed between my the scar from my chemo port and the scar from my mastectomy.  It's hard to explain, but it's a great source of comfort & hope to me when I notice it - and I don't think Jesus minds at all.  (Very few people will ever see it, but all of my doctors love it! ;) )

Wow!  What a testimony!

I admit that I am too chicken to get one and was brought up to believe they were wrong.....but I have to say that I would consider something like this if ever in this boat.

God bless you.  Seriously.  Thank you for sharing.

And the Snicker tattoo on your right bicep doesn't count?????

I got that in a box of Cracker Jacks.  It is not real; however, it is scratch and sniff.  :)

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
Least of These said:
The only advice I would give is to think long term when choosing design & placement. 

I have a tattoo - I got it in 2013 at the age of 52 (I was already a grandmother!)  It's the word "Stronger" in black & pink letters, placed between my the scar from my chemo port and the scar from my mastectomy.  It's hard to explain, but it's a great source of comfort & hope to me when I notice it - and I don't think Jesus minds at all.  (Very few people will ever see it, but all of my doctors love it! ;) )

Wow!  What a testimony!

I admit that I am too chicken to get one and was brought up to believe they were wrong.....but I have to say that I would consider something like this if ever in this boat.

I got that in a box of Cracker Jacks.  It is not real; however, it is scratch and sniff.  :)

You know as well as I do that there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
Least of These said:

Wow!  What a testimony!

The greatest thing about the huge "CF" in a heart tattoo you had on your neck did not have to be removed when she dumped you.  ;)

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
Least of These said:

Wow!  What a testimony!

The greatest thing about the huge "CF" in a heart tattoo you had on your neck did not have to be removed when she dumped you.  ;)

Now that's a good one.  :)

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
Least of These said:

Wow!  What a testimony!

You know as well as I do that there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

You were always looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks.

praise_yeshua said:
fishinnut said:
praise_yeshua said:
fishinnut said:
I would kindly discourage them by referring to Lev. 19:28.

I would then encourage him to take the challenge of Eph. 5:25-28 to love his wife as Christ loved the church.

For the record. Lev 19:28 doesn't have much of anything to do with a modern tattoo. Even so, if you're going to apply Lev 19:28. They by all means.... pay attention to

Num 15:38  Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
Num 15:39  And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
Num 15:40  That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

Do you wear a blue ribbon on all your garments?
I take it that you must wear both.  Do they coordinate with each other?

I have spent time ministering among a primitive jungle tribe where tats & piercings were common & commanded by demonically controlled witch-doctors. I see the same now in the good old USA a with few more clothes on the people.

I don't have either. I was just pointing out while you're keep one..... you're breaking the other. James talked about this.

Do you remember what he said?

Did those witch doctors wear clothes? I'd say.... you have that in common with the witch doctors. Guilt by association has never been a valid reason for much of anything. I'm not going to stop wearing suits because Bill Clinton likes to wear them.
1239883733_Angry_Video_Game_Nerd-1-1.gif
[/URL]

I have a cross tattoo on my left arm just below the shoulder. I look at it periodically to remind me to forgive others and to live in servant-hood as Christ did. (Yeah, I know I fail to do that quite a bit.)

I'm thinking of getting another on my other arm with symbols representing my family. Not sure if/when I will do that.

I'm also considering getting a semicolon tattoo as a reminder of my periodic fight with clinical depression.

Techmedic said:
I basically have 2 sleeves, my chest and 1/4 of my back done.
Only the "Holier than thou" "Christians" have ever made any comments about them (Dan Daniels one of them). Are there times I regret them yes, but I really don't think about it too much.

Yes, I would say you have had some ink done.      :)

Now he's getting a tattoo.
Yeah he's gettin' ink done.
He asked for a '13', but they drew a '31'.
Friends say he's trying too hard
And he's not quite hip.
But in his own mind
He's the dopest trip.

1-wing-on-neck.jpg

I'm so thankful, I was really thinking seriously about this one on my neck.

35-Hand-and-rose-tattoo-on-neck.jpg

Maybe this one, to remind me to pray every time I see it

Bruh said:
35-Hand-and-rose-tattoo-on-neck.jpg

Maybe this one, to remind me to pray every time I see it
This thread is devolving quickly and could get us in real trouble!

I had a sparrow tattoo on my lower back. Now, 20 years later, it is an eagle ;D

FSSL said:
I had a sparrow tattoo on my lower back. Now, 20 years later, it is an eagle ;D
Please, please PLEASE don't show it to us!  Now, if it was a tattoo of a Snickers bar, Teri might get excited!

Got my first tattoo at 40. Getting another one this year. Tattoos can also be a testimony. Mine has opened the door for the "Jesus" convo many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patebald said:
Tattoos can also be a testimony. Mine has opened the door for the "Jesus" convo many times.

I agree!  My daughter has one that says "But God..."  and when anyone asks, she quotes Ephesians 2:4.  A great door-opener in her work with troubled teens.

Least of These said:
Patebald said:
I agree!  My daughter has one that says "But God..."  and when anyone asks, she quotes Ephesians 2:4.  A great door-opener in her work with troubled teens.

Love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruh said:
And he's not quite hip.
But in his own mind
He's the dopest trip.
He must be pretty fly....

Haklo

prophet said:
Bruh said:
And he's not quite hip.
But in his own mind
He's the dopest trip.
He must be pretty fly....

Haklo

For a white guy...