Team Peru

cpizzle

Elect
Reaction score
Official Statement Regarding Team Peru

Official Statement from FBMI

It grieves us to announce that the leader of Team Peru has disqualified himself from serving as team leader and as an FBMI missionary. We have asked Missionary Zach Foust to assume the responsibilities of team leader for this present time. Zach and Karin Foust have been serving on the team alongside Abraham and Fabiola Avila, Mark and Sarah Rader, and Heather Kokubun for five years. Bro. Foust is the founding pastor of Iglesia Bautista Internacional of San Gabriel in Lima, Peru. We covet your prayers for Team Peru and their church families as well as for the family involved during this time.

So who was the former leader?

cpizzle said:

It grieves us to announce that the leader of Team Peru has disqualified himself from serving as team leader and as an FBMI missionary. We have asked Missionary Zach Foust to assume the responsibilities of team leader for this present time. Zach and Karin Foust have been serving on the team alongside Abraham and Fabiola Avila, Mark and Sarah Rader, and Heather Kokubun for five years. Bro. Foust is the founding pastor of Iglesia Bautista Internacional of San Gabriel in Lima, Peru. We covet your prayers for Team Peru and their church families as well as for the family involved during this time.

The original announcement listed a guy named Dan Hubbard, guess they figured it's not such a good idea put out the name.

I have no clue who Dan Hubbard is.

Those of us who should know don't due to extreme secrecy of the mission leaders.

Guess it is just more of Bro. Hyles legacy bitting us.

I know Dan Hubbard.  Served very closely with him while in school. 

I don't know what happened....I assume the worst but I hope for the best. 

I know he spent some time in the states last year for Cancer treatments.

Our church supports him currently, so I get to break the news tonight that we are suspending his support.

I truly hate that he has "disqualified himself." 

As far as being the result of Jack Hyle's legacy....I find that annoying.  Good men from all types of churches fail.  The percentage of HAC grads who have good marriages with no infidelity, good ministries with no scandals, and good reputations is still very high.  Jack Hyles' influence on me has been nothing but positive, and I believe it is that way for the vast majority of people who learned from him.

cpizzle said:

Our church supports him currently, so I get to break the news tonight that we are suspending his support.

As far as being the result of Jack Hyle's legacy....I find that annoying.  Good men from all types of churches fail.  The percentage of HAC grads who have good marriages with no infidelity, good ministries with no scandals, and good reputations is still very high.  Jack Hyles' influence on me has been nothing but positive, and I believe it is that way for the vast majority of people who learned from him.
Exactly.

16KJV11 said:
cpizzle said:

Exactly.
I agree as well.

It is so sad when these things happen. Statistics show over 50% of "Christian? marriages end in divorce. With trends like that we are sure to have some casualties among Christian leaders.

Please be in prayer for the Peru team and all involved. They lost a great young missionary, Daniel Kokubun, in May of 2015 to a fatal head injury. His wife continues to serve on the field and she is an inspiration to us all.

Her blog: http://kokubunkonnection.blogspot.com/2012/07/welcome-to-peru.html

cpizzle said:

So sorry to hear this. Dan was a faithful man who struggled with cancer for years. I don't know the story but sad to hear.

There is an assumption here that the disqualification was of a sexual nature.  There a re many things that could disqualify someone and I think it unwise to jump to any conclusions except the conclusion to pray.

TidesofTruth said:
There is an assumption here that the disqualification was of a sexual nature.  There a re many things that could disqualify someone and I think it unwise to jump to any conclusions except the conclusion to pray.
Good point Tides, sad situation none the less.

Were you at church Wednesday night for the announcement? They announced that he was unfaithful to his wedding vows. (not sure if that is the exact wording).  I guess that is open to interpretation, and speculation is pointless. It is very sad. I do certainly remember his bout with cancer and his humble yet victorious walk through it. I remember when he spoke to the church one year for the Thanksgiving service and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. We are all vulnerable. I will pray for them.

I have no wish to pile on, or to come across in any way superior, or to attack a brother when he is most in need of someone to bear his burdens. But I do feel that it is worthy to point out that FBCH et al, has made a public announcement about this, appropriate, but public.

...and I think that is tremendous progress. It is absolutely scriptural, and something the independent Baptist movement has avoided for decades. I am heartily glad to see it.

cpizzle said:

Nicely put!

Fresh Air said:
I have no wish to pile on, or to come across in any way superior, or to attack a brother when he is most in need of someone to bear his burdens. But I do feel that it is worthy to point out that FBCH et al, has made a public announcement about this, appropriate, but public.

...and I think that is tremendous progress. It is absolutely scriptural, and something the independent Baptist movement has avoided for decades. I am heartily glad to see it.

It would only be scriptural IF they ever disciplined a "member" with the intent of restoration. They always skip the hard part and just restore them. Dan had a second family in Peru and was living in a web of lies. Telling his Peruvian family that he was CIA or some similar BS. I'm not sure anyone at FBC could honestly "not know" who this cat is unless they've had their head in a hole (now that I say it, that's entirely possible). Hubbard most recently spoke at a missions conference at FBCH and was blessed with thousands of dollars from the hard-working flock. This wasn't a "slip up" or him just falling of the curb and into a strange woman's bed. This was a 3+ year double life with a second family who knew nothing about his other family. I don't care if he has cancer, AIDS, or the clap (probably does), this guy is a piece of crap and needs to be saved. Maybe someone at FBCH can lead him down the old Romans Road again!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willis Athey said:
Fresh Air said:

It would only be scriptural IF they ever disciplined a "member" with the intent of restoration. They always skip the hard part and just restore them. Dan had a second family in Peru and was living in a web of lies. Telling his Peruvian family that he was CIA or some similar BS. I'm not sure anyone at FBC could honestly "not know" who this cat is unless they've had their head in a hole (now that I say it, that's entirely possible). Hubbard most recently spoke at a missions conference at FBCH and was blessed with thousands of dollars from the hard-working flock. This wasn't a "slip up" or him just falling of the curb and into a strange woman's bed. This was a 3+ year double life with a second family who knew nothing about his other family. I don't care if he has cancer, AIDS, or the clap (probably does), this guy is a piece of crap and needs to be saved. Maybe someone at FBCH can lead him down the old Romans Road again!?

What is Dan doing now?  Is he back at FBC teaching a young couples class after his 'restoration?'

16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
Fresh Air said:

What is Dan doing now?  Is he back at FBC teaching a young couples class after his 'restoration?'

Won't be long

16KJV11 said:
Willis Athey said:
Fresh Air said:

Hey 16KJV11, what was the restoration process for AV Ballenger and Mel Schraven at FBCH?

Dan is still living off his father who has been supporting him for years.  He's the golden boy that his father never was.  A friend of mine talked to his father today.  He's "ashamed" of him, but the cash keeps flowing. 

He attends Bethel in Crown Point. 

He's a Schaap follower.  Know what happened there. 

Yes, it's all true what Dan has done.  And impersonating a CIA agent in a foreign country is illegal.  He was coming back to the US to "Mayo Clinic" with his second family all under the dime of FBC and the mission board. 

He now attends another church in Crown Point with his first family, and is still legally married to the second wife. 

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He has NOT been restored at FBCH, but rathel Bethel Church.

He and his wife are quite irked at FBCH these days...