Ted Cruz for the Supreme Court

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Someone asked me at work today could Trump Nominate Cruz for the opening at the Supreme court.

Could that convince Cruz to drop out and remove any fight at the convention (he did drop out tonight).

I must say I never even considered it. I assumed all nominees must be federal judges but as former Solicitor General for the State of Texas and having worked for Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist it got me thinking,

Cruz graduated from Princeton University and from Harvard Law School. Deputy Attorney General at the United States Department of Justice, adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation.  He served as a law clerk for law clerk for Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist from 1996 to 1997.

Cruz would be a great choice for Supreme Court justice. Chances are Trump may have a chance to fill at least two more seats.

For this reason, I truly hope he recognizes and values constitutionalists!

Cruz would be a great replacement for Antonin Scalia. I don't believe we could have anyone closer to him in our life time.

Good point!

While I agree he would be good...doubt he could get confirmed, he would be "Borked" from both sides of the aisle.

Ted needs to unseal his birth records so we can see when/how/if he is an American citizen.

I wouldn't recommend him for dog catcher until he does.

Twisted said:
Ted needs to unseal his birth records so we can see when/how/if he is an American citizen.

His birth records will not necessarily tell you he is an American citizen. They would tell you what he has already said & everybody knows...that he was born in Canada to a father who was not an American citizen & a mother who was.  His birth place has nothing to do with him being on the SCOTUS...and no one doubts that he is currently a US citizen.

T-Bone said:
Twisted said:

His birth records will not necessarily tell you he is an American citizen. They would tell you what he has already said & everybody knows...that he was born in Canada to a father who was not an American citizen & a mother who was.  His birth place has nothing to do with him being on the SCOTUS...and no one doubts that he is currently a US citizen.

Then tell us why he has sealed his records.  What is he hiding?  We are looking for the documents that were needed by his parents to claim his American citizenship.  We are looking on what was used to get him over the border.  The burden of proof is on HIM.

Twisted said:
T-Bone said:
Twisted said:

Then tell us why he has sealed his records.  What is he hiding?  We are looking for the documents that were needed by his parents to claim his American citizenship.  We are looking on what was used to get him over the border.  The burden of proof is on HIM.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/politics/ted-cruz-canada-citizenship/index.html

You really need to stay off the conspiracy websites, everything you contend about Cruz is out in the open, as I have already stated...but we don't know about you, we need to see your papers!

T-Bone said:
Twisted said:
T-Bone said:
Twisted said:

You really need to stay off the conspiracy websites, everything you contend about Cruz is out in the open, as I have already stated...but we don't know about you, we need to see your papers!

Your website story is a joke.  Everything?  It says little to NOTHING.  But don't worry, we've got a room down the hall ready for those like you who drink the Kool-Aid.  My papers?  Sure.  Just see Nurse Ratched at the hall desk.

Twisted said:
T-Bone said:
Twisted said:
T-Bone said:
Twisted said:

Your website story is a joke.  Everything?  It says little to NOTHING.  But don't worry, we've got a room down the hall ready for those like you who drink the Kool-Aid.  My papers?  Sure.  Just see Nurse Ratched at the hall desk.

Hey, just put on your tin foil hat and enjoy your day, I'm sure the sky is a pretty color in your world.