Thank you, Dr. Vineyard

Sword, I got and enjoyed your post. Of course, I think I heard those words straight from Dr. V's mouth. I'm not sure the younger folks heard him speak.

Personally, I got a chuckle out of it.

Vince Massi said:
Heaven's No, Jo!

In addition to the fact that I like Twisted, I am a severe opponent of idealism.

Idealism teaches that my agenda is so important that any truth that weakens my agenda is evil. I paid a price for opposing Jim's sins, but that does not change the fact that he taught a good bus course.

I don't always understand why you post some of the things you do, but this particular post strikes a nerve with me.  I took Bible classes from Joe Combs and learned some basic truths that stick to me this day.  Joe Combs was the mouthpiece, at the time, but I would no more thank him for that on an online forum or any other place.  He was an abuser.  God is the deliverer.

From the things I've read about Dr. V, he was an abuser.  I'm not saying of children because I have no knowledge of that, but an abuser of the power he had over college students and still, some of the alumni of HAC. 

My favorite photos and stories are of those who have great power but kneel down to help those who do not.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son."

Jo said:
Vince Massi said:
Heaven's No, Jo!

In addition to the fact that I like Twisted, I am a severe opponent of idealism.

Idealism teaches that my agenda is so important that any truth that weakens my agenda is evil. I paid a price for opposing Jim's sins, but that does not change the fact that he taught a good bus course.

I don't always understand why you post some of the things you do, but this particular post strikes a nerve with me.  I took Bible classes from Joe Combs and learned some basic truths that stick to me this day.  Joe Combs was the mouthpiece, at the time, but I would no more thank him for that on an online forum or any other place.  He was an abuser.  God is the deliverer.

From the things I've read about Dr. V, he was an abuser.  I'm not saying of children because I have no knowledge of that, but an abuser of the power he had over college students and still, some of the alumni of HAC. 

Good points.  I have learned good thing from people who were not praiseworthy; we can thank God for the learning and teaching we've been exposed to, without seeming to endorse the wrongful men from which we learned it.