The capricious interpretation of Bibleprotector and his claims to KJVOism

rsc2a said:
Debating with a KJVo-ist is like trying to win at whack-a-mole.
Except you are getting whacked back.

I prefer guacamole, myself.

prophet said:
rsc2a said:
Debating with a KJVo-ist is like trying to win at whack-a-mole.
Except you are getting whacked back.

I prefer guacamole, myself.

I don't take the mad rantings of an idolater seriously. Ergo, these supposed whacks back amount to delusion.

Steven Avery said:
Are you reading the full text with the heavenly and earthly witnesses? You simply see the Holy Spirit being referenced three verses in a row? If so, can you quote any interpreters who have this position?  Or are you asking us have the Bible molded to your quirky, personal, capricious understanding?Steven[/color]

Now you are just being silly...

I am not alone in this interpretation. Why is it a problem for the "Spirit" to be referenced three (or two) times in a row? This passage repeats "Son of God" SIX times, even more than once in a particular verse.

To satisfy your question on who shares this interpretation... "Because the Holy Spirit empowered Jesus for ministry, to attribute Christ’s miraculous works to Satan was to blaspheme the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:28–30). Jesus always did the will of the Father in the power of the Spirit. The witness of the three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood is in perfect agreement and convincingly demonstrates that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. MacArthur, J. (2007). 1, 2, 3 John. MacArthur New Testament Commentary (195). Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers.

More could be supplied... but this suffices to make the point.

bibleprotector said:
I refer you to my material on my website and my youtube channel, which shows the definition is not "flexible" but far reaching, i.e. embracing much of "Christianity", even much of Calvinism, Evangelicalism and Charismaticism.

Your definition of "modernism" on your YouTube channel is as vague and flexible as the one you posted here.

The truth is, though your status may be elevated due to your self-publication of your so-called "Pure Cambridge Edition," your words and deeds demonstrate you to be nothing more than a garden-variety KJV worshipper, with no particular knowledge, insight, or spirituality to elevate you above the rest of the monkeys.

SAWBONES said:
bibleprotector said:
Of course, there is a spirit behind all that happily obliging the more vicious, concerted and deceptive attacks against the perfection of the KJB.

So, you're saying that rejection of KJVOism, including the idea of PCE-perfection, is ultimately demonic?

I was saying that the more strident attack against it is devilish in origin. An ignorant person or one who is not yet properly understanding could hardly be accused of being possessed by a devil, or motivated by evil.

One of the biggest signs is of misrepresentation, deception and lying. When that is habitually manifested against those and the ideas of the KJB and its perfection, that indicates to the discerning the real nature of the battle: it is an ideological war between two spiritual camps.

bibleprotector said:
One of the biggest signs is of misrepresentation, deception and lying.

Yet those errors (misrepresentation, deception and lying) have been honestly and accurately pointed up (by posters here and on other Bible-related discussion boards) as being made ever-so-frequently by those who espouse KJVO positions!

These include such things as:

- partial quotations of sources, used to mislead, or to support a point so as to give the reader an erroneous or even opposite impression to that intended by the original writer;

- "proof-texting" Bible verses out of context, in the attempt to support an idea not inherent in the quoted Scripture;

- side-stepping of questions and use of "bait-and-switch" ruses for sake of avoiding real discussion of foundational questions;

- ad hominem attacks.

I could readily name a "PCE"-KJVO follower who is clearly guilty of such things, so it seems plain that adherence to ideas of "PCE"-KJVOism is not to be identified with the perfection of "God that cannot lie".

bibleprotector said:
When that is habitually manifested against those and the ideas of the KJB and its perfection, that indicates to the discerning the real nature of the battle: it is an ideological war between two spiritual camps.

What, specifically, are those "camps"?
Surely you're not dividing all of Christendom into "PCE" and "non-PCE", with the former being "of God" and the latter not?  :p

SAWBONES said:
Yet those errors (misrepresentation, deception and lying) have been honestly and accurately pointed up (by posters here and on other Bible-related discussion boards) as being made ever-so-frequently by those who espouse KJVO positions!

Your view is unjust, because it is trying to say that because some KJBOs have done wrong, that it can be rejected. Rather, the point here is that people with all kinds of views have done wrong, but my point is that I have noticed a consistent level of untruth and arguing for imperfection in a certain hardened element against the KJB, and not just against the KJB, but against all kinds of correct doctrines.

SAWBONES said:
I could readily name a "PCE"-KJVO follower who is clearly guilty of such things, so it seems plain that adherence to ideas of "PCE"-KJVOism is not to be identified with the perfection of "God that cannot lie".

That is like saying that Jesus Christ must have been false because Judas was a bad man.

SAWBONES said:
What, specifically, are those "camps"?

There are three classes:

The first is infidelity, higher criticism, doubt, scepticism, liberal theology, etc. Its spiritual camp is the spirit of error. We shall label this "cold" category.

The second is where there is compromise with the world, adapting some elements of the first category with modern versions, a naturalistic view of transmission and preservation though a belief in inspiration, a belief in the infallibility of Scripture, lauding of modern translations, tenancy of modernistic interpretation techniques (i.e. the grammatical-historical hermeneutic), etc. We are talking about Christians who are tainted, and so some, if they go fully this way, will then have reverse translated from the kingdom of light to the kingdom of darkness. (Once saved always saved doctrine will not stop their backsliding.) This is the lukewarm category. The lukewarm are really made up of these very different groups of folks: hyper-charismatics, suffering-theology/dullened mainstream, and the scholastic and fundamentalist folks.

The third are Christian believers. We will call this the hot. This is a rare group, with great overlap with the lukewarm charismatics, evangelical-fundamentalists and calvinists.

Clearly, the adversity is between the third group and the first group, which is the Holy Ghost versus the spirit of the world.

However, the spirit of error has made huge inroads, and has affects into the lukewarm group.

Thus, as I said, it is an ideological war between the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

SAWBONES said:
Surely you're not dividing all of Christendom into "PCE" and "non-PCE", with the former being "of God" and the latter not?  :p

No. A proper KJBO doctrine is part of the hot category. The actual hot category would ultimately have the PCE, but not just the PCE. The KJB or PCE are not the only or primary important doctrinal facets in this.

As I repeatedly said, it is an ideological war. The Bible version issue is only one component in this large war.

This is a consistent, observable and testable classification system, because people will form along certain lines. In other words, I could predict accordingly that the anti-KJBO folks would also uphold a modernistic hermeneutic. This is because there are direct correlations across the board. The Charismatic is no different to the Calvinist, the former will argue for "freedom" not to use the KJB, the latter will argue for "intelligent" reasons not to use it. They come to the same conclusions because they (not charismaticism or calvinism, but many adherents in those systems) are affected by the same spirit, the spirit of error. [Note, though, that I do think that there are some wrong ideas in both of these groupings of "denominations", and then someone could say that wrong doctrines must be of the spirit of error, etc., but that is not the focus of the discussion here.]

The use or non-use of the KJB is not itself a touchstone as to a person's status in this, though ultimately it may come to that point, in line with a view that:

a. the English language is used commonly all around the world, and
b. that the KJB itself and doctrine concerning it is cornerstone to a worldwide reaching form of theological distinctive.

So the conclusion is that there is a theological distinctive that is an operator in this ideological war, which is spiritually backed and forwarded by the Holy Ghost. Essentially what I am pointing out is the Joel prophecy about the outpouring of the Spirit as manifesting in line with the restoration of the KJB.

KJVo-ism: See also "idolatry".

bibleprotector said:
The KJB or PCE are not the only or primary important doctrinal facets in this.
The use or non-use of the KJB is not itself a touchstone as to a person's status in this...

Well, at least you hold a reasonable position in not making "PCE"/KJVO-ism fundamental to faith!

But I really think you "need to get out more" (as the saying goes), as your concepts about classes of Christians are quite insular (no pun intended).

Olivia Wilde is pretty hot.