The complaining, griping, and/or bitter thread

fishinnut said:
One morning I was cramped for time & slide into the lot & took of quickly for my 1st class when I heard someone yelling for me to stop. I turned & saw this little squirrely guy running up to me telling me he was an off-duty HACker security saying & had been speeding in the parking lot.

I can just hear the little fellow yelling in his best Gomer voice, "Citizen's arrest!  Citizen's arrest!!"  :)

On my very first day at HAC I was walking through the dorms when I saw a really awesome decorated door with a song on it.  I knocked on the door to ask the person about the song.  To my surprise, Carol Frye opened the door.  She then proceeded to chew me out for knocking on her door.  My first day on campus...I had no idea that it was against the rules to knock on a dorm supe's door.  I was embarrassed and horrified.  That was 1980.

I'm still bitter.

cast.sheep said:
On my very first day at HAC I was walking through the dorms when I saw a really awesome decorated door with a song on it.  I knocked on the door to ask the person about the song.  To my surprise, Carol Frye opened the door.  She then proceeded to chew me out for knocking on her door.  My first day on campus...I had no idea that it was against the rules to knock on a dorm supe's door.  I was embarrassed and horrified.  That was 1980.

I'm still bitter.

Now this is the kind of stuff for which we are looking!  Little did you know that she would become your best friend.  :)

I still get depressed when I think about sitting in HAC chapel before the service waiting for the door to open to see who would be preaching on that day, only to see Jim Jorgensen or Justin Mitchell walk out.  You could feel the air getting sucked out of the room.

My freshman year was rough.  HA!  My roommate was a kleptomaniac.  Eventually she got expelled.  That was fun.

Then, Dr. Cowling called my boyfriend in and told him that I wasn't good enough for him.  He encouraged my boyfriend to break up with me and start dating this other girl that he approved.  My boyfriend didn't listen.

We've been married 30 years now.

I'm still bitter. 

cast.sheep said:
My freshman year was rough.  HA!  My roommate was a kleptomaniac.  Eventually she got expelled.  That was fun.

Then, Dr. Cowling called my boyfriend in and told him that I wasn't good enough for him.  He encouraged my boyfriend to break up with me and start dating this other girl that he approved.  My boyfriend didn't listen.

I'm still bitter.

Was the "other girl" Teri?  :)

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

I'm still bitter.

You are spoiling for a fight!  :p

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

I'm still bitter.

You are spoiling for a fight!  :p

Just a laugh from cast.sheep.  :)

I used to hate nigtbus and wanted to pound some pompous donkey buscaptains after each Sunday night.

Idk...he was a hottie! Coulda been any number of girls!

It seemed to me that Who's Who recipients were mostly picked based on "who's yer daddy", and "what have you done for me lately". Grades didn't have a whole lot to do with it. Don't even get me started on Mr. & Miss Hylander.

My parents were nobody's and I didn't exactly fit the hiney-kisser mold (giggle).  Despite my academic achievements, I was never chosen.

I'm still bitter.

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
One morning I was cramped for time & slide into the lot & took of quickly for my 1st class when I heard someone yelling for me to stop. I turned & saw this little squirrely guy running up to me telling me he was an off-duty HACker security saying & had been speeding in the parking lot.

I can just hear the little fellow yelling in his best Gomer voice, "Citizen's arrest!  Citizen's arrest!!"  :)
Think Barney Fife....
Two Rules at The Rock

RAIDER said:
I still get depressed when I think about sitting in HAC chapel before the service waiting for the door to open to see who would be preaching on that day, only to see Jim Jorgensen or Justin Mitchell walk out.  You could feel the air getting sucked out of the room.

Judson Mitchell?

bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:

Judson Mitchell?

My bad. Yes

RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:

Judson Mitchell?

My bad. Yes

Full disclosure Judson's family is married into my family, so I might be a bit jaundiced as I can not help knowing way more than I should about him.

cast.sheep said:
It seemed to me that Who's Who recipients were mostly picked based on "who's yer daddy", and "what have you done for me lately". Grades didn't have a whole lot to do with it. Don't even get me started on Mr. & Miss Hylander.

My parents were nobody's and I didn't exactly fit the hiney-kisser mold (giggle).  Despite my academic achievements, I was never chosen.

I'm still bitter.

I would love to see a complete list of all the Mr. & Mrs. Hylanders going all the way back to the beginning.

sword said:
cast.sheep said:

I'm still bitter.

I would love to see a complete list of all the Mr. & Mrs. Hylanders going all the way back to the beginning.

There were threads about them, each year having a separate thread. Don't remember if it was on fff.org or .com. Raider started them.

bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:

Judson Mitchell?

My bad. Yes

Full disclosure Judson's family is married into my family, so I might be a bit jaundiced as I can not help knowing way more than I should about him.
Mr. Mitchell was a good friend to me.  I really respected him.  He did not get the recognition or pay he deserves.  Poor guy was always exhausted from working extra jobs for his family to survive.  He was actually an excellent teacher.  I recently sat in a lecture on best teachig practices as presented by a state university professor for certified teachers.  The lecture covered the same material presented by JM in his ed classes.  Mitchell may not have had the hype or the charisma of the typical HAC preacher, but he had so much more wisdom.

Binaca Chugger said:
bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:
bgwilkinson said:
RAIDER said:

Judson Mitchell?

My bad. Yes

Mr. Mitchell was a good friend to me.  I really respected him.  He did not get the recognition or pay he deserves.  Poor guy was always exhausted from working extra jobs for his family to survive.  He was actually an excellent teacher.  I recently sat in a lecture on best teachig practices as presented by a state university professor for certified teachers.  The lecture covered the same material presented by JM in his ed classes.  Mitchell may not have had the hype or the charisma of the typical HAC preacher, but he had so much more wisdom.

He spent way too much time working on the farm in the early hours of the morning to support his family.

Because he got to the college after working several hours before sunrise it's no wonder he looked tired all the time.

College workers in his day had to have a real job to pay the bills so they could serve the LORD working for the college for a pittance.

It was of course well known you could not support a family on what the college paid.

Raising college wages is one thing that Schaap has to his credit.