The Girl(s)

This is the exact type of self-righteous sancitmonious Pharisaism that makes this church seem hopeless in my opinion. IF she had 'prior experience' that ONLY meant she is a troubled girl. (BY THE WAY, is there some future "Mr Hylander" walking around with notches on his belt from her and other girls he's bedded, with ABSOLUTELY no repercussion to the male involved???) NO SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL is fully developed in mind. Her mind is unstable at that point, and not fully formed. Why don't we encourage our sixteen year olds to marry? Hmmm? We KNOW that as they grow and mature, they might not feel the same way a year down the road, two years down the road, etc. The people at FBC and its umbrella churches who cannot understand that a troubled girl IS WORTHY of love, support, sympathy, empathy -- well, God pity their shriveled and corrupted souls.

myeyesareopen said:
The people at FBC who cannot understand that a troubled girl is NOT worthy of love, support, sympathy, empathy -- well, God pity their shriveled and corrupted souls.

Are there people at FBCH taking this approach?

myeyesareopen said:
This is the exact type of self-righteous sancitmonious Pharisaism that makes this church seem hopeless in my opinion. IF she had 'prior experience' that ONLY meant she is a troubled girl.

So, you are saying that a 16 year old girl who has had experience, it is because she is troubled. I have news for you...when I was 16 years old, I wasn't sleeping with other people. In fact, I was a virgin on my wedding night. She may have been deceived, but she also has a sin problem. All of you IFB haters are missing something. There is a sin problem in this situation, and this girl cannot stand before God and get a free pass. She was not 6 years old, she was almost 17 years old.

It is OBVIOUS that many FBCH teenagers were having sex, and Schaap the Deceiver was counseling them and getting them to talk about their previous experience because he was a Deceiving Sicko who made everything in the Bible sexual. There is no excuse for Schaap. He has been given over to a reprobate mind in my opinion.

First, I had a double negative that cause my concluding sentence to read improperly. It should have read:

The people at FBC and its umbrella churches who cannot understand that a troubled girl IS WORTHY of love, support, sympathy, empathy -- well, God pity their shriveled and corrupted souls.

Second, to answer your question, Yes. There is a sizeable faction of people who blame the girl, who have shunned her and her family, who have caused her family to be driven from the church, who unquestioningly support JS and suport him blindly to this day and forever, and who very ignorantly think that were it not for this girl, all would have otherwise been well. So in their eyes, she 'ruined everything'.

myeyesareopen said:
There is a sizeable faction of people who blame the girl, who have shunned her and her family, who have caused her family to be driven from the church, who unquestioningly support JS and suport him blindly to this day and forever, and who very ignorantly think that were it not for this girl, all would have otherwise been well. So in their eyes, she 'ruined everything'.

This is unbelievable.  How stupid are people?

In fact, I was a virgin on my wedding night

Bravo to you. More reason to spit on the girl, who was not wonderful enough to have your level of restraint and self-control.

Schaap has a lot to answer for. He had the kids going around saying things like, "Sex is natural! God created it!" Because they were parroting him.

And yes, a 16 year old with "experience" is troubled. Just like a 16 year old who drinks ... or smokes ... or steals ... or cuts ... or lies...is troubled. It is an outward manifestation of the fact SOMETHING is WRONG. If it so important to you to stand morally superior and point out that you condemn her as a sinner, then have at it! It's very impressive.

p.s. If you are expecting a special reward from Jesus for your wedding night virginity -- He might tell you when you get there that you already took your reward. You trumpeted your righteousness as a sign of your superiority, and He said -- My child, hope you enjoyed your little brag there while in the act of contempt for another, for THAT was your reward.

[quote author=ifbteaparty]So, you are saying that a 16 year old girl who has had experience, it is because she is troubled.[/quote]

Yes...ergo the desire to sin. She, like all of us, are/were broken.

[quote author=ifbteaparty]I have news for you...when I was 16 years old, I wasn't sleeping with other people. In fact, I was a virgin on my wedding night.[/quote]

I might not have been sleeping around when I was 16, but I was sure good at looking down my nose at people. Eventually I realized that my self-righteousness was equally wrong...

*cough*

[quote author=ifbteaparty]She may have been deceived, but she also has a sin problem. All of you IFB haters are missing something. There is a sin problem in this situation, and this girl cannot stand before God and get a free pass.[/quote]

Welcome to the human condition.

[quote author=ifbteaparty]She was not 6 years old, she was almost 17 years old.[/quote]

And he was in a position of authority. In fact, spiritual authority and instructed this gal that she was serving God by "serving" him. In short, he manipulated and abused her, but blame the victim...it's like a cult motto or something.

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

So, immediately some of the Baptistsees picked up big rocks and cast them at the woman.

The woman looked up at Jesus and wanted to trust him, but she couldn't since Baptistsees were in the way. The man who slept with her was a Baptistsees, and those casting the stones were Baptistsees. They all said they followed this man named Jesus.

Then, after the men left her for dead Jesus came over, touched the woman, and immediately her cuts and bruises were made clean. She turned and said, "Do not these men speak for you too?"

"No." Jesus replied, "Verily verily I say unto thee, only through repentance and faith can you come unto me. But, there are those who seek power from my gospel. These you must beware. These will soon find their end. They want you to enter their gate, but you can only enter into peace through my gate."

The woman got up, she wanted to trust Jesus - but the Baptistsees troubled her greatly.

I don't care what the past history was of this 16 year old child!!! A grown man of 56 took advantage of this girl!!! I guess because of how she dressed she was asking for it? Or she was experienced and knew what she was doing? Those two statements sound like those idiots who wrote supportive letters on behave of Schaap! As my dad would say....poppycock!!!! I was horrified when I read his letters to her.  He mastermind it, was above of the law-or so he thought! I am glad for the 12 years he got! I am Praying for the girl and her family.

ifbteaparty said:
myeyesareopen said:
This is the exact type of self-righteous sancitmonious Pharisaism that makes this church seem hopeless in my opinion. IF she had 'prior experience' that ONLY meant she is a troubled girl.

...I have news for you...when I was 16 years old, I wasn't sleeping with other people. In fact, I was a virgin on my wedding night. She may have been deceived, but she also has a sin problem...

I was sexually inactive at 16 also, but if a woman I respected spiritually had "counselled" me in this manner, I don't know what I would have done. I cannot blame the girl...even if she wasn't "pure." I surely was not ready to handle this type of a situation at 16-17 years of age, and I didn't have a troubled background.

She came to him for help with her troubles, and he told her that God "gave her to him." This was her pastor. Even if she knew better than adultery, her pastor (whom she had been taught to worship) told her it was good. She was a victim...no doubt about it.

I think some people believe that when they get to Heaven, Jesus is going to pull out a little scale. You know, a "righteousness scale". He will then figure out what percentage of his death was for each person...you know, he'll say, "Let's see now, you never had sex before you were married! Well, I had to die less for you, then, that's for sure!"  And they think they are going to stand there and bask in the glow of how much better they were than other miserable sinners who needed more of Jesus' death...

ifbteaparty said:
I am not defending Schaap in any way, shape, or form. I just want to give a different perspective on this. This "innocent" 17 year old young participated in this activity with a married man. Obviously, Jack the Deceiver coached her into it as evidence of the testimony of the court.

But I have my doubts this girl was an innocent girl who had never even touched another guy. It is obvious that this girl was very troubled. It is also obvious from Schaap's blasphemous last sermon that he was having conversations with many teenagers who were sexually active. It is my opinion that there are probably other girls he spent with "in the woods while walking with God" or at his cabin or at his home or at his office. If I were Pastor Wilkerson, I wouldn't bring a black light into that office!

Schaap has done extreme damage to this young woman, no doubt about it. But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow. Neither the media nor any of us know anything about this young woman.

Not sorry, here folks. He was 54; she was 16 going on 17. Who was the one to take the lead in this situation?

Baptist City Holdout said:
Who was the one to take the lead in this situation?
To answer your question:
God created man in His image; the woman was taken from the rib of man. Adam was held responsible for the fall of man, not Eve; man is the one that should always be held accountable, not the woman.

remnant said:
...man is the one that should always be held accountable, not the woman.

No.

myeyesareopen said:
Second, to answer your question, Yes. There is a sizeable faction of people who blame the girl, who have shunned her and her family, who have caused her family to be driven from the church, who unquestioningly support JS and suport him blindly to this day and forever, and who very ignorantly think that were it not for this girl, all would have otherwise been well. So in their eyes, she 'ruined everything'.

a sizeable faction of people who blame the girl, have a lot of maturing to do.

rsc2a said:
remnant said:
No.
Then you disagree with God (not to mention cutting out the rest of the quote, which is a Scriptural principle).

remnant said:
rsc2a said:
remnant said:
No.
Then you disagree with God (not to mention cutting out the rest of the quote, which is a Scriptural principle).

Are you now God?

ifbteaparty said:
But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow.

Please give some links showing examples where the media described the girl this way. Is it possible that you are allowing statements from Schaap supporters to influence what you think you read?

rsc2a said:
remnant said:
rsc2a said:
remnant said:
No.
Are you now God?
My response to Baptist City Holdout below; but perhaps you are the one making such an attempt and a false one at that.
To answer your question:
God created man in His image; the woman was taken from the rib of man. Adam was held responsible for the fall of man, not Eve; man is the one that should always be held accountable, not the woman.

remnant said:
rsc2a said:
remnant said:
rsc2a said:
remnant said:
No.
Are you now God?
My response to Baptist City Holdout below; but perhaps you are the one making such an attempt and a false one at that.
To answer your question:

I remember the quote. You're still wrong.