The Girl(s)

aleshanee said:
graceandtruth said:
aleshanee said:
graceandtruth said:
WOW very heated topic.

Is a 16 year old responsible for their sins? 

is an 8 year old?... because the defense attorneys for my mother and her friends thought so.. .  and the things i see said about this girl here don;t sound any different to me than what those attorneys said while trying to build a defense for their clients and get them all lighter sentences...

is maturity and the ability to recognize when an authority figure, placed over you and portrayed as a god is leading you in the wrong direction... and then being able to do something about it or know how to trust someone who can... attached to some arbitrary numerical age?..... ... what age is it?....  5?... 8?.... 9?....  12?...  14?.. .. do any other circumstances make any difference?.......  obviously a great many people here think 16 is plenty old enough regardless of what other circumstances may exist...

schaap couldn;t confess to the wrongs he had done without making excuses... and now it seems neither can his former followers.... . i find that very sad. .. ...  and also disgusting...

I understand that this is very personal to you because of your experience.  I am not asking you to set that aside because our experiences shape who we are and how we perceive things.  Your outrage at the suggestion that this 16 year-old is responsible for her actions is understandable because of your experience. 

With that said it appears that you missed the part of my post that indicated that the state did think my 16 & 17 year old associates were more than responsible for their sexual actions.  My question is why is it okay to give them 99 year sentences for assaulting an adult if they are not culpable?  I think that is the heart of the original post and the heart of my post that you removed.

For the record, I live in Louisiana and have never heard an entire sermon by Schaap.  He meant very little to me before this and even less now.  Much of IFB culture appears to have been a reaction to integration and other "evils" of the late sixties.  Now I am IFB because I believe they are doctrinally sound much of their practice is racist and raggedy at best.  This is what I call looking at all of the facts.  Understanding that I have an instant emotional reaction to the racism of Rice and Jones and the opponents of "interracial" (whatever that is) marriage, I am careful to deal as evenhandedly as possible with those involved and their ideals.  I think that was the purpose of the original post and I know that was the purpose of my post.

To answer your question.  I do not think 10 year-olds are responsible to repeal sexual advances made on them.  I do not think they understand fully what is going on.  I do know that my 15 year-olds and up know that no one is to touch them in the areas of their body that make them distinctly male and distinctly female.  The number of children born to teenage mothers each year seems to bear out this fact.  I also think parents are to act responsibly as well.  I would not allow a man to counsel my daughter about her sexuality and it doesn't make a difference to me if he is a psychiatrist, psychologist, pastor, or pimp.  So I would say the parents get a major fail for this situation in question.

My wife to was molested as a child.  I do not want to belittle or make your reaction seem over the top.  Certain things affect her certain ways because of her experience and this experience has shaped her life and mine even 30 years later.  There is no reason any 8 year-old should have any level of blame ascribed to them for any sexual acts with adults and you should not have had to endure that but there is a great deal of difference between an 8 year-old and a 16 or 17 year-old.  So much so that in Louisiana a 17 year-old can leave home and you cannot make them come back but an 8 year old is an entirely different story.

Please don't read into this post any justification for Schaap or for a person who would betray the trust of a little 8 year-old girl.

i think much of whether a person should be prosecuted for a crime rather than viewed as a victim.. (even a child or teenager)..  should depend on the circumstances of the incident and many other factors concerning both the victim and the accused...  and not just the persons numerical age.. ..  i don;t know the details of the crime you mentioned that resulted in a 16 and 17 year old spending 40 years in prison...  but i myself know of crimes here committed by 15 year olds that i believe they should have gotten a life sentence for.. ... .

it;s true i have very strong feelings about these like this...  and it;s also true that even seeing certain words and phrases in print.. much less hearing them.. can bring a flood of memories ....  i see doctors and counsellors on a regular basis... including weekly visits with both a psychiatrist and psychologist...  all my doctors and counsllors are female.. ..  but the person i first latched onto.. literally clung to for life when i was trying to escape the abuses of my childhood....  and even adopted the family of as my own.. . is male..  .  i thank God for putting me in his care... and shudder to think what might have happened if i had ended up under control of someone like schaap. . . or if my new found father had not been the kind of man he is.. .. .  or even what would have happened to me if the people who abused me when i was a child had brought God into it like schaap did with the girl he abused.. ...  i can imagine many scenarios that would left me not able to trust in God or put my faith in him.. ...  or to be determined to finished what i tried to do to myself when i was 13....  ...  i know how overwhelmed i felt as a child being lied to .. coerced and enticed when God was not being brought into...  i can;t even imagine what it must be like for someone else.... even a few years older.. .. when He was... .. 

i;ll try to explain more about what i mean by all this later.. .  and why i feel the way i do about it.. ...  but right now i don;t think i can write about it anymore...  ..  i didn;t mean to ignore the second half of your post the first time around.. . and i thank you very much for the sincerety and kind spirit of your answers.. ...  and for understanding .... . 

Thanks for listening to what I was really saying.  No problem and no rush on the response to the other half of my post.  Get to it if and when you can.  Until then, I pray that God would comfort and strengthen you.  After all, that is what brothers and sisters in Christ should do for each other. :) 

I pray The Comforter to bring peace to your soul, ivanette.

ivannette said:
i understand aleshanee   

i too have been very upset about this event with jack schaap and the young girl ever since it began

i never told anyone but

i am crying as i type this

i lost my innocence to a pedophile at the tender age of seven just shy of my eighth birthday

i am so sorry i never told anyone about this horrible event and have held it inside for so long for so many years till now

Praying for God to be your comfort and strength.  Thank you ladies for being brave enough to provide us a perspective that most of us who are males would have never seen.

graceandtruth said:
For the record, I live in Louisiana and have never heard an entire sermon by Schaap.  He meant very little to me before this and even less now.  Much of IFB culture appears to have been a reaction to integration and other "evils" of the late sixties.  Now I am IFB because I believe they are doctrinally sound much of their practice is racist and raggedy at best.  This is what I call looking at all of the facts.  Understanding that I have an instant emotional reaction to the racism of Rice and Jones and the opponents of "interracial" (whatever that is) marriage, I am careful to deal as evenhandedly as possible with those involved and their ideals.  I think that was the purpose of the original post and I know that was the purpose of my post.

Sorry to change direction of the thread, but I just Gotta' ask:

Are you stating that you choose to be IFB because they are doctrinally sound and are racists!?!  Whether they are or not is one debate, but not the biggest surprise here.  It reads as though when choosing a religious affiliation, you were looking for one that is decidedly racist.

Surely I am misreading your post, right?

aleshanee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
graceandtruth said:

Are you stating that you choose to be IFB because they are doctrinally sound and are racists!?!  Whether they are or not is one debate, but not the biggest surprise here.  It reads as though when choosing a religious affiliation, you were looking for one that is decidedly racist.

when i read it i got the impression he meant he was ifb for the sound doctrine only...  and that it was in spite of the fact that the culture of it is racist and reactionary to late sixties culture... ???.. . i understood him to mean he does not like the racism .... .. :-\ 

aleshanee is correct.  I left out a "though" that would have made the sentence clearer.  My first contacts with the IFB movement in the Army and the one church back here in Louisiana did not have the racists elements.  If I had experienced the racists aspects of the culture prior to salvation I would not have bothered with them at all.

graceandtruth said:
aleshanee said:
Binaca Chugger said:
graceandtruth said:

when i read it i got the impression he meant he was ifb for the sound doctrine only...  and that it was in spite of the fact that the culture of it is racist and reactionary to late sixties culture... ???.. . i understood him to mean he does not like the racism .... .. :-\ 

aleshanee is correct.  I left out a "though" that would have made the sentence clearer.  My first contacts with the IFB movement in the Army and the one church back here in Louisiana did not have the racists elements.  If I had experienced the racists aspects of the culture prior to salvation I would not have bothered with them at all.

Whew!  Ok,  I didn't think that made any sense.

This thread has gotten off track. But I think I know where most of my dissenters stand: this 16-17 year old young woman holds zero responsibility for any of her actions in life. If she was impure before her Schaap fiasco, it is only because she was troubled. And at no time did she ever think thaving sex with her married pastor was wrong. She was convinced that God approved.

ifbteaparty said:
This thread has gotten off track. But I think I know where most of my dissenters stand: this 16-17 year old young woman holds zero responsibility for any of her actions in life. If she was impure before her Schaap fiasco, it is only because she was troubled. And at no time did she ever think thaving sex with her married pastor was wrong. She was convinced that God approved.
  Eve was sinless, when she was convinced that directly disobeying God would make her more godly.  How much easier is it for a sinner to be convinced to sin again? 
  Who cares if she was a typical HB ho-bag?  She probably was.  She probably still is, because she was convinced by a powerful , rich, popular, pimp that he loved her.  Guys tell this to 16 year olds every day to get some booty.  They fall for it. 
  What makes it irrelevant is the fact that he made a play for her, in a counselling session.  She was sent to him for guidance, because she was a fornicator.  So, hello!, he drooled down his perverted chin over the neckid pix he had of her on the cell phone he confiscated from her.  Then he plotted, planned,  schemed, manipulated,  lied, stole, cheated, badgered, extorted, and abused.  In this regard, he was like David...in repentence, not so much.

Anishinabe

prophet said:
ifbteaparty said:
  Eve was sinless, when she was convinced that directly disobeying God would make her more godly.  How much easier is it for a sinner to be convinced to sin again? 
  Who cares if she was a typical HB ho-bag?  She probably was.  She probably still is, because she was convinced by a powerful , rich, popular, pimp that he loved her.  Guys tell this to 16 year olds every day to get some booty.  They fall for it. 
  What makes it irrelevant is the fact that he made a play for her, in a counselling session.  She was sent to him for guidance, because she was a fornicator.  So, hello!, he drooled down his perverted chin over the neckid pix he had of her on the cell phone he confiscated from her.  Then he plotted, planned,  schemed, manipulated,  lied, stole, cheated, badgered, extorted, and abused.  In this regard, he was like David...in repentence, not so much.

Anishinabe
[/quote
I agree with your opinion. I don't think she should be relevant, but the media and others on blogs like this make her relevant by declaring how innocent she was. I wouldn't pee on Schaap if he was on fire, I am not trying to justify anything he did. But I still will not declare this young woman to be free of sin in the matter.

[/quote]

Women are also created in the image of God.
straight_face.png

No they are not. Is God a woman? Was Jesus a woman? Man was created in the image of God. The woman was created FROM MAN AND FOR MAN. Read Genesis. To say that women are created in the image of God is incorrect.
[quote author=remnant]Proverbs 2:12-18 speaks of two people, notice first man, second woman, his influence upon her.[/quote]

I was wondering when the "smear campaign" would begin. I guess now that the perv in going to prison, the shock that his fall was with a 16 year old girl has worn off. I assumed that he would fall with a secretary, or a 20 something Jezabel, or with another man's wife. I wonder what would have happened if it wasn't a 16 turned 17 year old girl. Would it have been swept under the rug if he was caught with a secretary, 20 something year old, or even another wife in the church. Something to ponder...

[quote author=ifbteaparty]
Women are also created in the image of God.
straight_face.png

No they are not. Is God a woman? Was Jesus a woman? Man was created in the image of God. The woman was created FROM MAN AND FOR MAN. Read Genesis. To say that women are created in the image of God is incorrect.[/quote]

I have read Genesis:

Then God said,

Dear ifbteaparty,
You have proven your ignorance!
Which is why it is pointless to speak to you.
The reason your entire line of reasoning is moot is because it is not about the victim.
And, "God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

MAN = âdâm
aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Whether she was the most innocent, naive, pure Christian young woman or whether she was the most promiscuous female in NW Indiana makes not one bit of difference.  Almost any 16 or 17 year old girl who received the special treatment from someone such as this convicted felon being discussed, would do ANYTHING he asked.  I remember how so many college girls swooned over the pervert when I was in college. I know Bible college students who would have loved to have been alone with him anywhere. (NO, I was not one of them.  I wouldn't even stay in his class past 3 days before I dropped it.) 

Let's not forget that he convinced this young girl - when she asked if what they were doing were wrong - that she was doing the right thing in being his angel ministering to him, and that the biblical angel never went and told anyone.  He assured her all was well and right because she was serving him - pompous equine that he is.

Before we attack her character -whether she was a slut or whether she was pure as the driven snow - let's reread those letters he wrote.  I don't care if she were sleeping with a different HB baskeball player every single day.  I don't care if she didn't know what a sexual relationship is (or at least she didn't know until a few years ago when the pervert taught on the Lord's Supper.)

Jack Schaap had NO right to her. 

PERIOD

ifbteaparty said:
aleshanee said:
ifbteaparty said:
I am not defending Schaap in any way, shape, or form. I just want to give a different perspective on this. This "innocent" 17 year old young participated in this activity with a married man. Obviously, Jack the Deceiver coached her into it as evidence of the testimony of the court.

But I have my doubts this girl was an innocent girl who had never even touched another guy. It is obvious that this girl was very troubled. It is also obvious from Schaap's blasphemous last sermon that he was having conversations with many teenagers who were sexually active. It is my opinion that there are probably other girls he spent with "in the woods while walking with God" or at his cabin or at his home or at his office. If I were Pastor Wilkerson, I wouldn't bring a black light into that office!

Schaap has done extreme damage to this young woman, no doubt about it. But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow. Neither the media nor any of us know anything about this young woman.

not defending schaap?......  really?... ....  because if schaaps plea had been anything other than guilty ... and if his case had gone to trial.. . your slanderous speculations about the character of a girl, who you admit to knowing nothing about, are exactly the kinds of things schaap attorney would have argued in his defense .... i can picture some of your "doubts about this girl" as being part of the defense attorneys opening statement to the jury on schaaps behalf.. ..  ... i know because i sat on a witness stand to testify against sexual predators once, and had the same kinds of thing said about me.. when i wasn;t even 10 years old yet.... 

your post is sickening beyond words... ... and i agree with rcs2a...  it;s exactly why people find fundamentalism so disgusting... your devotion to your "men o god" is so great and so overwhelming..  that even when all the evidence is in.. they have been exposed as a predator.... confessed to their crimes... and there is nothing left of them to defend... ... you still can;t resist kicking and stabbing their victims as a last resort... ... 

you are right about one thing...  most of us don;t know anything about this girl.. ....  but after reading your "different perspective".. on a girl you know nothing about.. we now know a lot about you.. ... 

Gear down, big shifter. Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot stand Jack Schaap. I believe he is a deceiver in the same way of Satan. I believe that he has blasphemed the name of Christ so much that I question his salvation.

I am not giving that piece of garbage any excuse; all I was saying is that the media and some on blogs are acting like this girl was the virgin Mary. And I am saying that before we just make blanket statements that this girl was pure, we should probably make sure that the facts back it up.

We do know that Schaap is a blasphemer of God; we do know that Schaap used his position to get what he wanted from this girl; we do know that he will be spending the next 12 years in prison. We do not know anything about this young woman so we shouldn't be echoing the media's assertions of her.

I think the point made is it's a non-sequiter because one has nothing to do with the other as some have aptly said already. It's just one of those things begging for ridicule. If this girl showed up in Schaaps office, cabin, house, car, etc. naked with a big red bow on he had no business doing anything other than turning his back.

And he was an absolute fool for ever counseling a female behind a closed door without the presence of another female. EVER!

ifbteaparty, is this why you think the girl should be blamed?

No they are not. Is God a woman? Was Jesus a woman? Man was created in the image of God. The woman was created FROM MAN AND FOR MAN. Read Genesis. To say that women are created in the image of God is incorrect.

Are females, in your mind, just chattel, worth less than cattle to a beef rancher?  I've heard tell that Muslims exact a death sentence on women who have been raped.  Do you think that is justified...because she tempted a man into raping her?

Why would you ever even think to place blame on a teenage girl, no matter her history, when she was under the care of a fully grown adult PASTOR?!?  Don't misunderstand me...I don't think he forced her, but he did manipulate her into acquiescence!

Unless you have some heretofore unstated solid reasoning behind your desire to place any blame whatsoever on this minor female, I'll have to go with my gut feeling about you. 

I don't fool myself by thinking that you care about my opinion of your opinion, since I am a female and not made in the image of God. 

***Edited to remove my disparaging comments, rightly pointed out by ifbteaparty that I was not being Christlike.  Please also note my apology to ifbteaparty further down in this thread.***       

Just John said:
ifbteaparty said:
aleshanee said:
ifbteaparty said:
I am not defending Schaap in any way, shape, or form. I just want to give a different perspective on this. This "innocent" 17 year old young participated in this activity with a married man. Obviously, Jack the Deceiver coached her into it as evidence of the testimony of the court.

But I have my doubts this girl was an innocent girl who had never even touched another guy. It is obvious that this girl was very troubled. It is also obvious from Schaap's blasphemous last sermon that he was having conversations with many teenagers who were sexually active. It is my opinion that there are probably other girls he spent with "in the woods while walking with God" or at his cabin or at his home or at his office. If I were Pastor Wilkerson, I wouldn't bring a black light into that office!

Schaap has done extreme damage to this young woman, no doubt about it. But let's not jump on the media's bandwagon and act like this was a girl who was as clean as the wind driven snow. Neither the media nor any of us know anything about this young woman.

not defending schaap?......  really?... ....  because if schaaps plea had been anything other than guilty ... and if his case had gone to trial.. . your slanderous speculations about the character of a girl, who you admit to knowing nothing about, are exactly the kinds of things schaap attorney would have argued in his defense .... i can picture some of your "doubts about this girl" as being part of the defense attorneys opening statement to the jury on schaaps behalf.. ..  ... i know because i sat on a witness stand to testify against sexual predators once, and had the same kinds of thing said about me.. when i wasn;t even 10 years old yet.... 

your post is sickening beyond words... ... and i agree with rcs2a...  it;s exactly why people find fundamentalism so disgusting... your devotion to your "men o god" is so great and so overwhelming..  that even when all the evidence is in.. they have been exposed as a predator.... confessed to their crimes... and there is nothing left of them to defend... ... you still can;t resist kicking and stabbing their victims as a last resort... ... 

you are right about one thing...  most of us don;t know anything about this girl.. ....  but after reading your "different perspective".. on a girl you know nothing about.. we now know a lot about you.. ... 

Gear down, big shifter. Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot stand Jack Schaap. I believe he is a deceiver in the same way of Satan. I believe that he has blasphemed the name of Christ so much that I question his salvation.

I am not giving that piece of garbage any excuse; all I was saying is that the media and some on blogs are acting like this girl was the virgin Mary. And I am saying that before we just make blanket statements that this girl was pure, we should probably make sure that the facts back it up.

We do know that Schaap is a blasphemer of God; we do know that Schaap used his position to get what he wanted from this girl; we do know that he will be spending the next 12 years in prison. We do not know anything about this young woman so we shouldn't be echoing the media's assertions of her.

I think the point made is it's a non-sequiter because one has nothing to do with the other as some have aptly said already. It's just one of those things begging for ridicule. If this girl showed up in Schaaps office, cabin, house, car, etc. naked with a big red bow on he had no business doing anything other than turning his back.

And he was an absolute fool for ever counseling a female behind a closed door without the presence of another female. EVER!
I don't know why Cindy wasn't doing the counseling, or some other godly lady, like the Scriptures direct.

Anishinabe

Since Tim brought up the letters it has me asking how much did Cindy know? good point prophet on why wasn't she counseled by an older Godly lady in the church. I believe that's what we do..

Okay, this is turning into alot of assumptions.  But, since we are all assuming, my personal assumption is that this was the first underage individual whom he had felt out to see if he could feel up.  Quite public are other stories of adults with whom his tactics were not successful.

Even if she knew, or only had gut feelings, could she really bring herself to upset the apple cart?  For instance: Why didn't Jackie O' tell the world of her husband's indiscretion as President of the US?  Many women from all walks of life find themselves in a situation that feels hopeless and that they are helpless and feel guilty themselves as if they are to blame.  Think back to the past decades of Christian Womanhood: "If you are physically pursuing your husband and keep yourself looking better than the models, he will never wander."  I know it isn't all correct.  But, can you imagine the pain of being so indoctrinated and wondering what to do?  Who could she turn to?  They were the leaders of the movement.  Who would her husband listen to?

lnf said:
ifbteaparty, is this why you think the girl should be blamed?

Are females, in your mind, just chattel, worth less than cattle to a beef rancher?  I've heard tell that Muslims exact a death sentence on women who have been raped.  Do you think that is justified...because she tempted a man into raping her?

Why would you ever even think to place blame on a teenage girl, no matter her history, when she was under the care of a fully grown adult PASTOR?!?  Don't misunderstand me...I don't think he forced her, but he did manipulate her into acquiescence!

Unless you have some heretofore unstated solid reasoning behind your desire to place any blame whatsoever on this minor female, I'll have to go with my gut feeling about you....SLIMY PIG. 

I don't fool myself by thinking that you care about my opinion of your opinion, since I am a female and not made in the image of God.  Oh, and my apologies to pigs worldwide.  I like pigs, but I'm not so sure I like you.     

Interesting that someone would think physical anatomy defines "in the image of God" when speaking of a God that is a Spirit lacking any physical anatomy at the time of the creation.  In Romans 8 the Scripture says that we are predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ.  Does this mean only male Christians will be conformed to the image of Christ?  NO!  Does this mean we will all become Jewish males when our sanctification is complete?  NO!  Perhaps the proper understanding of this text would be that we will be conformed to Christ morally, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally.    This is the type of wrong thinking and poor hermeneutics that helps channel the natural pride and competitiveness of males to this end instead of a productive end of protecting and providing for women.  When males and females are evaluated on physiology alone we miss the real strengths that women bring to the table like empathy, discernment, compassion, etc.  I had to learn the hard way that my wife is a gift from God even in ministry because she is a nearly flawless judge of character and I am a hopeless optimist. 

As for the young ladies guilt it is simple.  She has sinned against God because she committed adultery.  Now ifbteaparty should be satisfied.  However, from our human perspective that should not be an issue.  As someone so aptly put it, "If she had arrived at his office naked with a red bow on he had no right or reason to remove that bow".  From our human perspective he is the guilty party.  He broke his wedding vows.  He ignored the Holy Spirit.  He violated his "Christian" conscience.  He violated her parents' trust.  He violated her trust and her person.  He took the Lord's name in vain.  He misused his position as pastor.  He misused his staff members.  He hurt the cause of Christ.  She is responsible for her sin before God but she is not responsible for anything that Schaap did.  She is not a co-conspirator.  Regardless of her past, She is the victim.  Regardless of her sexual knowledge, she is the victim.  She is the victim.

It is interesting that Jesus intentionally sought an opportunity to bring the Gospel to a woman at a well what was the wrong color and kind without any reference to who was to blame for her actions.  He instead offered her grace and satisfaction in Christ.  Perhaps this is the image that we have been predestined to be conformed to.