The good, the bad & the ugly.

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Here in the HAC we discuss the good, the bad & the ugly from our own perspective based on experiences.

I'm thinking of the attributes of each right now.

There were some good people with real desires for serving God while I was there. Some were fun & funny. Some were serious, steady & sincere. Others were there because mom & dad sent them there but who learned how to get through school with a smile & get it over.

There were some bad show-boats & flash-in-the pan types.........usually they didn't pan out to well or for long & burned out. Those who had an overestimation of their own spiritual superior well being that they turned others off, never realed why.

There were those among the ugly, I would throw in the bus leaders who used guilt-trip to their own advantage. There were those who were so caught up in the rules that relationships were never considered in building others only their status. These were HACkers true & through.....though all of us picked up some of the HACker genes at least for a time.

Just some thoughts. But what attributes who you give different people using the idea of:
Good....
Bad....
Ugly....

As always.........1 post at a time, just to keep you-know-who happy.

Good.

The Danbarry's (sp) they were very very good to my family while we were there. We spent a lot of time at their house.

Good.

McMahon's also were very good to my family while we were there. They lived, if I remember correctly, behind HBHS.

We spent a lot of time at their house.

Thanks for calling out these good folks by name. But attributes of behavior for "the bad & the ugly" may not need names here.

Elementary School. 

I was clueless to all the junk happening in the world around me.  I enjoyed my few friends and playing sports (GO DELTA!).  Everything was nice and we got a good education.

I've said this before but Ms. Mayo was by far the meanest teacher I've ever had in my entire life.

:)

So, is "ugly" worse that "bad"?  I would have thought that "ugly" is middle, and "bad" is worse

Good:

Graduate who was very people-centered and very kind to others; addicted to serving others.

Bad/Ugly (several graduates): I noticed that many graduates seemed to be very good at the "smart-alec" comeback to comments.  I guess they "caught" that from the various speakers there.  But I've never thought it was very spiritual.

Bruh said:
I've said this before but Ms. Mayo was by far the meanest teacher I've ever had in my entire life.

Ooh. Hate to disagree but Miss Mizell had to be neck and neck as far as hating kids.

BALAAM said:
Bruh said:

Ooh. Hate to disagree but Miss Mizell had to be neck and neck as far as hating kids.

Mizell taught 3rd grade I think?  I remember when I was in 3rd grade Ms. Fielder. Fielder's class was right across the hall from Mizell's.

One day Mizell was screaming at the top of her lungs at those kids and we heard it in Fielders class. But yes she was mean but man Mayo? She was hateful and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. She really needed to be on medicine.

Why would they let teachers like this continue to teach. Other teachers & admin had to know. It's irresponsible to just turn a blind eye to such abuse. Parents had to know as well.  Surely people complained or refused to allow there kids in classes. like that.

sword said:
Why would they let teachers like this continue to teach. Other teachers & admin had to know. It's irresponsible to just turn a blind eye to such abuse. Parents had to know as well.  Surely people complained or refused to allow there kids in classes. like that.

You were kind of taught to never question authority or the teacher. You know, the old paths. 'If a teacher punishes you at school you will be punished at home' kind of mentality.
You also kind of were taught in hac that if you were a single lady you were going to be a church secretary or a school teacher and so they had many single school teachers who worked cheap but had no business in a classroom because they didn't like kids. There were also a lot of good ones, by the way.

"You also kind of were taught in hac that if you were a single lady you were going to be a church secretary or a school teacher and so they had many single school teachers who worked cheap but had no business in a classroom because they didn't like kids."

That explains a lot of things that never made sense.

Walt said:
Good:

Graduate who was very people-centered and very kind to others; addicted to serving others.

Bad:

Graduate who was very people-centered and not Christ-centered; addicted to pleasing others.

Walt said:
Bad/Ugly (several graduates): I noticed that many graduates seemed to be very good at the "smart-alec" comeback to comments.  I guess they "caught" that from the various speakers there.  But I've never thought it was very spiritual.

Good/Beautiful (Some grads): I noticed that a few graduates seem to be very good at the "thought-provoking" comebacks to comments. I guess they didn't "catch" that from the few speakers there. But I've never thought it was very boring.

My wife & I made friends with another HAC couple while there. We went soul-winning together, I remember how they took us out for our anniversary (when they had no idea that we were broke at the time) & treated us to a Chateaubriand steak dinner. Our kids were the same ages & we spent a lot of time with them. He came from a ministry family.
My first year in ministry I had him, with them, in for a Sunday meeting. His wife was a sweetheart. They were "good" people.

Years later I began getting reports of his behavior as a pastor. The "good guy" had "gone bad & ugly guy." He lost his wife, ministry & kids chasing after the so much less.

Sin when it's finished......................

I like this thread.

Good:  The passion/love/loyalty to some families that sacrificed careers and lives to move to Crown Point to honor the calling they had to serve (for years in many cases) teaching students.

Same goes for the ones that moved to Hammond to work in the church.

The Good is on the right. The Bad and the Ugly is on the left.

12510466_10208857056847703_4553844963961146328_n.jpg

Smellin Coffee said:
The Good is on the right. The Bad and the Ugly is on the left.

12510466_10208857056847703_4553844963961146328_n.jpg

Is that an arcade!!!???!!!

Stinkin Reprobates.