The Lack of Biblical Discernment Is Very Troubling

T-Bone said:
Sadly, yesterday both Robert Jeffers & Franklin Graham on their Facebook pages started promoting the latest book by Paula White.  I have sent both of these men a note of my concern.  Surely, they know that this woman is a heretic and also holding an unbiblical position of "pastor".  I am hoping they will retract their endorsements.

This must be a real moral dilemma for Trump's highest-profile apologists in the evangelical realm. After all, White is Trump's hand-picked spiritual advisor, and to vocally oppose Trump is to invite all sorts of vituperation in social media and elsewhere.

So how do you decide whether it is right to please men or God, when you've practically treated the man as God?

T-Bone said:
Sadly, yesterday both Robert Jeffers & Franklin Graham on their Facebook pages started promoting the latest book by Paula White.  I have sent both of these men a note of my concern.  Surely, they know that this woman is a heretic and also holding an unbiblical position of "pastor".  I am hoping they will retract their endorsements.

So when are you going to contact them for publicly supporting the "unbiblical position" of sexual predator?

Methinks I know which is more important... ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

So when are you going to contact them for publicly supporting the "unbiblical position" of sexual predator?

I assume you are talking about their support for the President...if not you will have to clarify.

I have made several public opinions concerning what the President has said and done...and have received some pretty vehement replies from those of his followers who don't think he can do anything wrong. Same happened with Obama. But as far as which candidate any Pastor supports I could actually care less...I really don't care who you support. What I do care about is when a Pastor supports & endorses false teachers and false biblical teachings.  I believe I stand on pretty firm ground here with Jesus and the Apostles. :)

T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

I assume you are talking about their support for the President...if not you will have to clarify.

I have made several public opinions concerning what the President has said and done...and have received some pretty vehement replies from those of his followers who don't think he can do anything wrong. Same happened with Obama. But as far as which candidate any Pastor supports I could actually care less...I really don't care who you support. What I do care about is when a Pastor supports & endorses false teachers and false biblical teachings.  I believe I stand on pretty firm ground here with Jesus and the Apostles. :)

Where you "stand" is YOUR PREFERRED hermeneutic of the record of Jesus and the Apostles. I too stand on their record and come to a completely different hermeneutic/interpretation to their teachings. "False teachers and false biblical teachings" are those who/that disagree with your hermeneutic, which is nothing more than religious opinion (as is mine). So you have more issue with these clergy not supporting your religious interpretation of what the Bible says (i.e., personal religious opinion) than you do with their support of a sexual predator, human trafficker, serial liar and narcissist.

Your response is another example that  Evangelicalism (of which is the SBC) is a sexual perverse breeding ground. Religious opinion is more important than morality or even basic human ethics. No wonder churches are rife with sexual predators.

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

Where you "stand" is YOUR PREFERRED hermeneutic of the record of Jesus and the Apostles. I too stand on their record and come to a completely different hermeneutic/interpretation to their teachings. "False teachers and false biblical teachings" are those who/that disagree with your hermeneutic, which is nothing more than religious opinion (as is mine). So you have more issue with these clergy not supporting your religious interpretation of what the Bible says (i.e., personal religious opinion) than you do with their support of a sexual predator, human trafficker, serial liar and narcissist.

Your response is another example that  Evangelicalism (of which is the SBC) is a sexual perverse breeding ground. Religious opinion is more important than morality or even basic human ethics. No wonder churches are rife with sexual predators.

Hyles really did a number on you...

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

Hyles really did a number on you...

No doubt about it.

So did Evangelicalism.

Smellin Coffee said:
"False teachers and false biblical teachings" are those who/that disagree with your hermeneutic, which is nothing more than religious opinion (as is mine)....

Since your interpretation of the Bible is merely your opinion, why should we care about your morality?

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
"False teachers and false biblical teachings" are those who/that disagree with your hermeneutic, which is nothing more than religious opinion (as is mine)....

Since your interpretation of the Bible is merely your opinion, why should we care about your morality?

Because we should care about EVERYONE'S moral compass in relation to society and predatorily violating another's autonomy.

Smellin Coffee said:
Because we should care about EVERYONE'S moral compass in relation to society and predatorily violating another's autonomy.

"We"? Says who? Your opinion applies to no one but yourself.

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

Or rather I have a problem with both.  And while it is true there are sexual predators everywhere even in the church, your generalization falsely accuses people you do not know, and you can't know what we are doing to make sure no sexual predator has any place in our churches.  Your faulty hermeneutics are another matter.