The Legacy of Being a Christian Nation

Route_70

Elect
Reaction score
Donald Trump claims to be Christian.  He claims that the Bible is his favorite book.  According to White House spokesperson, Raj Shah, regarding the recent crude comments Trump made about "[dung]hole countries," President Trump "is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation."

Let me translate: ?We are a Christian country, founded on Christian principals.  Unless you are like us, or want to be like us, then you are not welcome.  Do not give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.  We don?t want them.?

Jesus would be proud.

Route_70 said:
Donald Trump claims to be Christian.  He claims that the Bible is his favorite book.  According to White House spokesperson, Raj Shah, regarding the recent crude comments Trump made about "[dung]hole countries," President Trump "is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation."

Let me translate: ?We are a Christian country, founded on Christian principals.  Unless you are like us, or want to be like us, then you are not welcome.  Do not give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.  We don?t want them.?

Jesus would be proud.

The country was not founded by Christians.

Route_70 said:

Jesus would be proud.

Concerning labels, this IS a "Christian nation" and Trump IS a "Christian".

The problem with the issue is that being an Evangelical "Christian" is not defined within the context of following the teachings of Jesus. But the idea of war, racism, greed and exclusion are Christian ideals, just what the government brings to the table of the world; but those ideals are not Christ's.

Though I'm certainly not "all in" on this article, I think Chris here makes a pretty valid point:

About those Trump Voters for God? Stop Calling them ?Fake Christians?

Hooper said:

You have been misinformed.  Just ask any of the Bible-toting, Praise-and-worshipping, Sunday-attending, pure-as-the-driven-snow "Christians" on this forum.

Route_70 said:
Hooper said:

You have been misinformed.  Just ask any of the Bible-toting, Praise-and-worshipping, Sunday-attending, pure-as-the-driven-snow "Christians" on this forum.

Christians don't murder.

Route_70 said:
Hooper said:

Exactly. "But abortion!" makes Trump the "Christian" candidate. A "praying cabinet" makes the government "Christian".

I will agree with your original point about the founding of this country wasn't by Christians. Christians have taken it over now wielding the political forces behind their corrupt agenda.

The wit and wisdom of the 3 Apostates on display!

Tarheel Baptist said:
The wit and wisdom of the 3 Apostates on display!

What's your knowledge of the Freemasons?

Route_70 said:
STOP SPAMMING MY THREADS WITH ABSURD AD HOMINEMS.
FINAL WARNING!!!!

My sandbox. You don't like it... then move on.

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:
STOP SPAMMING MY THREADS WITH ABSURD AD HOMINEMS.
FINAL WARNING!!!!

My sandbox. You don't like it... then move on.

Seems to me that right now Hooper and I are the only ones posting much.  If we move on, your sandbox will be empty.

Route_70 said:
Seems to me that right now Hooper and I are the only ones posting much.  If we move on, your sandbox will be empty.

The quality will increase. I got over the "numbers" game when I left IFBdom.

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:

The quality will increase. I got over the "numbers" game when I left IFBdom.

You got over the numbers game when you discovered that no one wanted to attend your party.

Route_70 said:
You got over the numbers game when you discovered that no one wanted to attend your party.

... and yet, you are still here.

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:

... and yet, you are still here.

There is nothing to compare to watching a train wreck ...

... except for this forum.

Route_70 said:
There is nothing to compare to watching a train wreck ... except for this forum.

If you consider this a train wreck (or think you are contributing to a wreck), then you will not miss this place, will you.

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:
There is nothing to compare to watching a train wreck ... except for this forum.

If you consider this a train wreck (or think you are contributing to a wreck), then you will not miss this place, will you.

Without me, you will have to rename this forum from The Fighting Forum to The Forgotten Forum.

Route_70 said:
Without me, you will have to rename this forum from The Fighting Forum to The Forgotten Forum.

Without you... I immediately started to sing John Lennon's song... "Imagine"

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:

Without you... I immediately started to sing John Lennon's song... "Imagine"

John Lennon ... "Imagine" ... No, never heard of 'em.

But I have heard of John Newton and "Amazing Grace."

I guess that's the difference between you and I.