The Legacy of Being a Christian Nation

Route_70 said:
John Lennon ... "Imagine" ... No, never heard of 'em.
But I have heard of John Newton and "Amazing Grace."
I guess that's the difference between you and I.

It is too late for you to pretend to be an IFBXr

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:
John Lennon ... "Imagine" ... No, never heard of 'em.
But I have heard of John Newton and "Amazing Grace."
I guess that's the difference between you and I.

It is too late for you to pretend to be an IFBXr

That would be ex-IFBXr.

Route_70 said:
Without me, you will have to rename this forum from The Fighting Forum to The Forgotten Forum.

Coincidentally, that's exactly how I feel about you when you're not posting.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Ransom said:
Seems to me you are confusing quantity with quality.
Having trouble being original?

FSSL said:
The quality will increase. I got over the "numbers" game when I left IFBdom.

Ransom said:
Coincidentally, that's exactly how I feel about you when you're not posting.  Out of sight, out of mind.

But when I am posting, I am like a severe itch that you just can't scratch.

Route_70 said:

Yes, you do remind me of a louse, or perhaps a genital crab.

Route_70 said:
Ransom said:

So that means you're like a hemorrhoid.

Just remember, all this drama is because poor widdle Rooty-Toot and his tender feelings can't handle a mod telling him not to swear.

Ransom said:
Just remember, all this drama is because poor widdle Rooty-Toot and his tender feelings can't handle a mod telling him not to swear.

And, of course, I did not swear, neither did I type a profnity.  I copied and pasted a quote by your beloved leader.  In a thread that appeared to be there for that purpose.

Route_70 said:
I copied and pasted a quote by your beloved leader.  In a thread that appeared to be there for that purpose.

You copied and pasted an apparent lie which included profanity.

You believe anything you hear.

Here is a counterpoint. Even a liberal Democrat denies he said it, too.

Don?t post profanity, even if it is a quote. That should be obvious. At least to sensible people, it is.

bea8af1a9898e1e646e4b97c2a909915.jpg

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:
I copied and pasted a quote by your beloved leader.  In a thread that appeared to be there for that purpose.

You copied and pasted an apparent lie which included profanity.

You believe anything you hear.

Here is a counterpoint. Even a liberal Democrat denies he said it, too.

Don?t post profanity, even if it is a quote. That should be obvious. At least to sensible people, it is.

bea8af1a9898e1e646e4b97c2a909915.jpg

You are the one who is sorely misinformed.  I watched an interview of Dick Durbin, in which he confirmed what Trump said, even repeating the word.  Paul Ryan, who was in the meeting, did not deny when asked directly, only saying that Trump's comments were "very unfortunate and unhelpful."  Two other Republicans who were at the meeting claim they cannot recall what was said.  Yeah, right.

Anyway, there is your "Christian"president, whose favorite book is the Bible.  The man is a bigot and a liar.  And you are a Republican Homer, who would back an alleged child rapist who runs for office in your state.

Furthermore, your side-kick misrepresented what I did as "swearing."  I do not talk that way, and would never talk that way, and was squeamish just in pasting the quote.  Nevertheless, the issue should be addressed head on -- not covered over as a so-called "lie."  The man used the word.

And what's more, Alabama got lucky in the championship game.

Lots of people *claim* to be Christians, but on that day of judgment will hear "depart from me ye that work iniquity".  And it is fairly normally understood that a belief system should never be judged by its abuses.

Smellin Coffee said:
The problem with the issue is that being an Evangelical "Christian" is not defined within the context of following the teachings of Jesus. But the idea of war, racism, greed and exclusion are Christian ideals, just what the government brings to the table of the world; but those ideals are not Christ's.

It is truly astounding, literally ASTOUNDING that you can type those kinds of lies without a twinge of guilt in your conscience. 

It is all about priorities not morality.

As long as Donald Trump rebuilds the economy (meaning I get more money in my pocket); and as long as he keeps people who do not look like me (meaning Blacks and Mexicans) out of this country; I am willing to overlook the fact that the man is a liar uses profanity and has affairs with women other than his wife.

THAT is the legacy of a "Christian" nation.

ALAYMAN said:
Smellin Coffee said:
The problem with the issue is that being an Evangelical "Christian" is not defined within the context of following the teachings of Jesus. But the idea of war, racism, greed and exclusion are Christian ideals, just what the government brings to the table of the world; but those ideals are not Christ's.

It is truly astounding, literally ASTOUNDING that you can type those kinds of lies without a twinge of guilt in your conscience.

Why should I feel guilt about being truthful? All one has to do is believe the Old Testament is true "as is" to get a picture of the Christian god which is completely different than that of whom Jesus taught. So yeah, those are Christian ideals which have been displayed in this country since its beginning.

And in the New Testament, having a need for a "blood-thirsty god" demanding innocence as a means to satiate vengeful desires is the core doctrine of Christianity. Why wouldn't Christians then also need to see that demand met and expected of others, if this is the god they choose to model?

Having been a "Christian" for over 45 years, I know whereof I speak.

Route_70 said:
It is all about priorities not morality.

As long as Donald Trump rebuilds the economy (meaning I get more money in my pocket); and as long as he keeps people who do not look like me (meaning Blacks and Mexicans) out of this country; I am willing to overlook the fact that the man is a liar uses profanity and has affairs with women other than his wife.

THAT is the legacy of a "Christian" nation.

Pretty much.