The new auditorium

bgwilkinson said:
As for planting other churches.

We started them in South Holland, Portage, Crown Point, and St John. That did drain off a several hundred people.

Why Crown Point? They opened up a stone's throw from Mark Prominence's IFB church. It kind of flew in the face of the unethical teaching of "not starting a church int eh same city as another IFB church" I learned at the HAC.

groupie said:
Why Crown Point? They opened up a stone's throw from Mark Prominence's IFB church. It kind of flew in the face of the unethical teaching of "not starting a church int eh same city as another IFB church" I learned at the HAC.

yep...

Tarheel:

The FBCH auditorium was occuppied from 9:30 a.m. til 3 p.m. with multiple services, already.

I remember a Spring program where the Spanish had set up overflow auditoriums.  Their aud seated 400 or so, and they had 3,000+ there.

They needed the JHMA, and we needed an auditorium that actually seated 5k+, instead of the Frankenstein's monster we had.

The Feng Sui was awful there.

8)

ˇ̨€¢£№Â¶ˊˇ

Ex-Fundy said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Ex-Fundy said:
prophet said:

8)

Ha! Post of the day! Re: the Feng Shui,  I can't imagine why ?!????

;D

But that is not what we learned in Church Ed!

Lol, Ray Young and Feng Shui just don't mix.

I would love to hear Ray Young attempt to say Feng Shui. That would be awesome. I'm guessing it would sound like.....fang shoe

prophet said:
Tarheel:

The FBCH auditorium was occuppied from 9:30 a.m. til 3 p.m. with multiple services, already.

I remember a Spring program where the Spanish had set up overflow auditoriums.  Their aud seated 400 or so, and they had 3,000+ there.

They needed the JHMA, and we needed an auditorium that actually seated 5k+, instead of the Frankenstein's monster we had.

8)

Again, I do not know anything about the inner-workings of FBCH.
But it just seems to me, that something could have been worked out concerning multiple services if that had been a serious consideration. Facing a multi-million $$ building project would have been motivation to be innovative with the auditorium space.

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel:

8)

Again, I do not know anything about the inner-workings of FBCH.
But it just seems to me, that something could have been worked out concerning multiple services if that had been a serious consideration. Facing a multi-million $$ building project would have been motivation to be innovative with the auditorium space.
Our auditorium at the time  had many undesirable seats.
We had added balcony extensions, a mezzanine, seats over the hallways that went around the auditorium (a second mezzanine), etc.
We had a 3,500 seat aud., and needed a 5k.

We already had multiple services going, for years.

We had 15,000 on Sun. morning, and not even 4,000 could fit in one place.

Which part of this don't you understand?

9:40-10:30 Pastor's adult SS class
10:40-12:30 'A' church
1:00-2:00 B C D SS class
2:00 -3:00 G SS
6:10 Evening Q&A with Bro. Hyles
7:00- 9:00 evening service

And all of the earlier services were staffed by different groups, divided up into letters A-H. Some overlapped, and did double duty.

We had no debt.

We waited 20 years after the need arose.

We needed a bigger main aud.

Prophet:

9:40-10:30 Pastor's adult SS class
10:40-12:30 'A' church
1:00-2:00 B C D SS class
2:00 -3:00 G SS
6:10 Evening Q&A with Bro. Hyles
7:00- 9:00 evening service

And all of the earlier services were staffed by different groups, divided up into letters A-H. Some overlapped, and did double duty.

As I stated, I have no idea of the inner workings of FBCH.
And the above schedule is certainly full, but not easy for an outsider to understand.
I assume the A church service was the main service and the driving force behind a new auditorium being considered. I would agree that an almost 2 hour service can't be duplicated into a multiple service format. But, my assumption is also that the multi service model, even considering a Saturday night service, really would not have fit into the FBCH model....which is certainly reasonable.

"Needed" a bigger auditorium or to be broken up into smaller, more community minded churches.

Within the parameters of the way it ran...needed a bigger aud.

Now it has broken up into several smaller churches.

But it took 12 years to do, and the exposure of a wolf.

In this thread, I've divorced myself from any train of thought other than that of an associate pastor and maintenance engineer in 2003/04.

prophet said:

HOLD THE PHONE---Jack Hyles said very often while I was there that the "auditorium" held 7,000 souls.

Who's lying, here?

Ex-Fundy said:
prophet said:

HOLD THE PHONE---Jack Hyles said very often while I was there that the "auditorium" held 7,000 souls.

Who's lying, here?

Reality sets in when one takes off the rose colored  glasses.

Ex-Fundy said:
prophet said:

Who's lying, here?

Well this has been discussed here often. The new auditorium was purported to seat 7,500. It is much larger than the old one. The other interesting thing is that after a "pack a pew" type program it was discovered that the seat numbers didn't add up to 7500 either.

South Point (In Crown Point) is literally directly across the street from another baptist church, IDK the name of it but it is called a Primitive Baptist Church on the sign.

Primitive Baptist if my memory serves me correct, are Calvinist.

Techmedic said:
South Point (In Crown Point) is literally directly across the street from another baptist church, IDK the name of it but it is called a Primitive Baptist Church on the sign.

I believe there is a Primitive Baptist church and Southlake Fundamental Baptist church on the same street across from Southpoint.

BALAAM said:
Techmedic said:

I believe there is a Primitive Baptist church and Southlake Fundamental Baptist church on the same street across from Southpoint.

And Southlake Fbc is pretty good sized, right?