The origin of the current version of the KJVO myth...

Not even close my faith is in Jesus not Mary, a pope, human priest that call Jesus down from heaven at every mass and place Him in bread and wine through their magical incantations, and I don’t believe the man wearing a fish hat while sitting in a magical chair has any clue what God requires.
But you DO believe you will be "made righteous." A grievous error which is shared by RCCs, Mormons and extreme Charismatics. You are not in good company with that KJVO crowd.

Well... I gotta run! Have to get back to work and crawl into an attic in Tampa, Florida.

Last edited:
But you DO believe you will be "made righteous." A grievous error which is shared by RCCs, Mormons and extreme Charismatics. You are not in good company with that KJVO crowd.
The only righteousness anyone has is what is imputed to them by Jesus. I call it imputed righteousness as scripture says. Do you believe you can gain righteousness of and on your own ?

I defined redemption for you, from the Bible. You ignored it entirely.
Seems you ignored this:
Unchecked Copy Box
Eph 1:7 - In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace

The only righteousness anyone has is what is imputed to them by Jesus. I call it imputed righteousness as scripture says. Do you believe you can gain righteousness of and on your own ?
You said “made righteous.” Imputed righteousness does not MAKE someone righteous.
The RCCs believe in imputation. The very same way you said it.

Last edited:
Because it is man’s reasoning and it is not scriptural and unsupported by scripture. You cannot be justified until after you’re saved period. Unlike calvanist I actually believe scripture. When the jailer asked Paul what must he do to be saved Paul responded by telling the jailer he must believe on the Lord Jesus. Paul never mentioned election to the jailer. Revelation 22:17 says whosoever will take the water of life freely. Peter explained election not that any calvinist understands it.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Pe 1:2 - Elect according to the-foreknowledge of God the Father,through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood-of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. Elect according to what ? Answer the foreknowledge of God.

Are you familiar with Al Lacy? He preached at Pastor's School for years and was a Hyles man. Anyway he preached a sermon called "The Author". He claims Jesus wrote the Bible and all other versions were perversions. Also at the end of this video Hyles throws some shade at folks who send their kids to Pensacola.

Are you familiar with Al Lacy? He preached at Pastor's School for years and was a Hyles man. Anyway he preached a sermon called "The Author". He claims Jesus wrote the Bible and all other versions were perversions. Also at the end of this video Hyles throws some shade at folks who send their kids to Pensacola.

Not familiar with Al Lacy. I stay with the KJV because it is where God led me to and where He keeps me. I have tried to study and read other translations , but the Holy Spirit has always led me back where God led me. I do believe God wrote the scriptures through the Holy Spirit inspiring the authors.

You said “made righteous.” Imputed righteousness does not MAKE someone righteous.
The RCCs believe in imputation. The very same way you said it.
If you have given the imputed righteousness of Jesus through salvation you have been made righteous.

To redeem something means to take possession of it in exchange for payment. Slaves could be redeemed (Exod. 21:8). The firstborn of every Israelite and their livestock belonged to God, and it was required to pay for their redemption (Exod. 34:19-20). Israelite property belonged to God, so was not permitted to be permanently sold, but the owners or their close relatives had the right to redeem it (Lev. 25:23ff). The redemption of Naomi's land, and Ruth herself, ii is a major part of the book of Ruth.

Similarly, Christ redeemed his people: freed them from captivity by sin through the payment of his own death in their place.

Salvation is an umbrella term comprising many different aspects. Redemption, like justification, is one of those. They are not synonymous.
Just bumping this, because it is so theologically meaty/worthy, which is usually a rarity on the FFF.

That's pure hogwash, and you know it well.
Unfortunately, he can’t spot RCC teachings. He just knows the labels. He complains about Mariolatry and has his own… KJVolatry.

He shares the same teachings as the RCC when it comes to justification (“made righteous”) and salvation (“gratia co-operans”). He just doesn’t know it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited: