The origin of the current version of the KJVO myth...

To redeem something means to take possession of it in exchange for payment. Slaves could be redeemed (Exod. 21:8). The firstborn of every Israelite and their livestock belonged to God, and it was required to pay for their redemption (Exod. 34:19-20). Israelite property belonged to God, so was not permitted to be permanently sold, but the owners or their close relatives had the right to redeem it (Lev. 25:23ff). The redemption of Naomi's land, and Ruth herself, ii is a major part of the book of Ruth.

Similarly, Christ redeemed his people: freed them from captivity by sin through the payment of his own death in their place.

Salvation is an umbrella term comprising many different aspects. Redemption, like justification, is one of those. They are not synonymous.
To redeem something means to take possession of it in exchange for payment. Slaves could be redeemed (Exod. 21:8). The firstborn of every Israelite and their livestock belonged to God, and it was required to pay for their redemption (Exod. 34:19-20). Israelite property belonged to God, so was not permitted to be permanently sold, but the owners or their close relatives had the right to redeem it (Lev. 25:23ff). The redemption of Naomi's land, and Ruth herself, ii is a major part of the book of Ruth.

Similarly, Christ redeemed his people: freed them from captivity by sin through the payment of his own death in their place.

Salvation is an umbrella term comprising many different aspects. Redemption, like justification, is one of those. They are not synonymous.
One thing for sure if you aren’t among the redeemed you will not be justified.

I believe after a person is saved they are then justified. Justification does not precede salvation that is not scriptural. I did not twist anything. Re-read Romans 3:24 which says justified THROUGH redemption. I divorced nothing from salvation you have an unscriptural view of scripture if you believe the justification you receive from believing and being saved is salvation. Jesus said you must be born again ( saved) by a work of the Holy Spirit it is then you receive justification after you are saved not before. A preacher once explained justification to simplify it for the congregation he said,” Justification was the being made as if we never sinned in the mind of God”. That could not happen before you were saved.
RCC theology through and through and you don’t recognize it.

RCC theology through and through and you don’t recognize it.
Ok post some of it. You do know the early church and reformers both rejected the minority texts as corrupt and MV’s are translated from the minority texts. Facts are important.

Note the future tense of the words:?Matthew 10:22 - And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Rom. 5:9).

"Saved from wrath." That's propitiation, isn't it? The appeasement of God's wrath? I thought that was a done deal, yet here it sounds like something in the future.

Someone really ought to cut all this Roman Catholicism out of the King James Bible, it's going to confuse people.

Lol, so you consider scripture in context as bad theology
I just posted some Scripture in context (Exod. 21:8, 34:19-20; Lev. 25:23), and you just handwaved it away. I don't think you sincerely care about Scripture in context or good and bad theology at all.

why doesn't that surprise me

If you make up fantasies and are then taken by surprise by them, you are even more ridiculous than I initially thought.

Ok post some of it. You do know the early church and reformers both rejected the minority texts as corrupt and MV’s are translated from the minority texts. Facts are important.
You just posted RCC theology
RCCs teach that you are made righteous
The rest of us believe we are declared righteous.

Forget the MSS… you need to read the Bible first!

You just posted RCC theology
RCCs teach that you are made righteous
The rest of us believe we are declared righteous.

Forget the MSS… you need to read the Bible first!
Made as receiving the imputed righteousness of Jesus it’s scriptural ? Made or declared you’re splitting hairs when both mean the same thing. Deal with are saved or being saved because that is actually two different things.

Made or declared you’re splitting hairs when both mean the same thing.
Someone who says there is no difference between the biblical doctrine (imputed righteousness, being declared righteous) and Roman Catholic doctrine (infused righteousness, being made righteous) of justification, has no business accusing modern Bible versions of containing Roman Catholic doctrine. You have proven yourself incapable of telling them apart.

Someone who says there is no difference between the biblical doctrine (imputed righteousness, being declared righteous) and Roman Catholic doctrine (infused righteousness, being made righteous) of justification, has no business accusing modern Bible versions of containing Roman Catholic doctrine. You have proven yourself incapable of telling them apart.
Lol, him who has no clue what redemption means trying to school others is an oxymoron.

Watch orthodox theology fly over the head of a KJVO!

Leatherneck learned the word “Jesuit” and doesn’t know how to use it!

Jesuit’s are just like other Roman Catholics which are Mary worshippers, pope worshippers, idolaters who ignore and contradict scripture through their idolatrous traditions. It is more like you can’t recognize them for the snakes they are.

Jesuit’s are just like other Roman Catholics which are Mary worshippers, pope worshippers, idolaters who ignore and contradict scripture through their idolatrous traditions. It is more like you can’t recognize them for the snakes they are.
Well, you got their CHARACTERIZATIONs down, but you don't know their THEOLOGY. You have adopted it for yourself!

You didn’t say “their idolatrous traditions” and not have a moment in the mirror? What good is a KJV to you? You don’t read it or understand it. You just use the KJV to divide believers.

Last edited:
Well, you got their CHARACTERIZATIONs down, but you don't know their THEOLOGY. You have adopted it for yourself!
Not even close my faith is in Jesus not Mary, a pope, human priest that call Jesus down from heaven at every mass and place Him in bread and wine through their magical incantations, and I don’t believe the man wearing a fish hat while sitting in a magical chair has any clue what God requires.