The proper place of pets.

..yes... like keeping pets... ( aka animals 🐈 πŸ• 🐎 πŸ„ 🦬 ‍ 🦌 🦀 🦍 πŸ’ πŸ– )... outside where they belong.... ;)
Sorry, but ALL pets don't belong outside regardless of what one believes. I wouldn't leave my dog out as an outside dog. We used to leave all of our dogs outside, but, too many bad things can happen to them outside, whether they're in a pin, on a leash, or even in a fenced yard. We rescued too may dogs, cats, horses, etc., to wish some of the things that occured to them in situations they shouldn't have been in in the first place.

Sorry, but ALL pets don't belong outside regardless of what one believes. I wouldn't leave my dog out as an outside dog. We used to leave all of our dogs outside, but, too many bad things can happen to them outside, whether they're in a pin, on a leash, or even in a fenced yard. We rescued too may dogs, cats, horses, etc., to wish some of the things that occured to them in situations they shouldn't have been in in the first place.
Weather is also a factor. Extreme heat or cold can be deadly for pets.

I totally know what you mean. With our older shih tzu, we left him with his beans too long and it became turf warfare between me and him. Even after we "fixed" him, he still sported an attitude; if it came time to make him go to his room, especially if guests were around, the fight was on. He knew exactly when to play his stubborn card. The other one was nothing but a big chicken; practically going into a panic attack whenever we took him somewhere in the car. As much as those two got on my nerves, I miss them horribly.
I have never in my life had a dog that did not know 110% who the alpha was in the family. I think this little guy really does actually know, but he never seemed to catch on in my early stages of training him. Lots, and lots, and lots of bravado in the face of certain defeat.... should have named him Zelensky. 😁

A quick story...

Shortly after he showed up and became a part of the family we had a doggy bed at the end of our bed for him. My wife went to give him some goodnight snuggles and as she approached him he started growling. I got up real quick and let him know that we don't growl at family members and he just kept growling, LOL. It was weird, but we came to discern eventually that when he was in bed and you approached him that his growls were actually like the purrs of a cat. I've never had a dog like that, and probably never will again. 😁

Do you see the collars? Those were taken off of them when they died. The one on the left was Monte. He was with us 15 years. He died in July '21. The other is Buster, we had him almost 12 years. He died in November '21. Never thought I'd miss two dogs the way I do. Did our life come to a screeching halt after they died? No. But since losing these two so close together, I can empathize with those who mourn the loss of a pet. When they go, they do take a piece of your heart. I like to say my wife and I have two dog shaped holes in our hearts.

Cancelling church for a whole day over the death of a cat seems a bit over the top but I wasn't there so I'm pretty sure I don't know the whole story. (Edit: I can almost guess this wasn't the first issue this church had with that pastor.) Our pastor and his wife lost their dachshund on a Sunday morning. No change to the schedule but I'm sure that wasn't their best Sunday in recent memory.
View attachment 2847
Sorry for your loss. Were they Shih Tzus? Had a rescue Shih Tzu and he was the best dog ever. Lost him almost two months after losing my dad. He was my heart or soul dog, miss him. The puppy I have now looks like him but personality is extreme opposite. He's such a brat.

Sorry for your loss. Were they Shih Tzus? Had a rescue Shih Tzu and he was the best dog ever. Lost him almost two months after losing my dad. He was my heart or soul dog, miss him. The puppy I have now looks like him but personality is extreme opposite. He's such a brat.
Yup. Shih tzus. Can't believe I could miss those two as bad as they got on my nerves. "He was the best dog..." I hear that a lot about rescues. Will definitely look into a rescue if we go for another.