The question becomes

ItinerantPreacher said:
Justified said:
There are certainly students that come from a variety of backgrounds of independent Baptists. Some of which hold positions that Southwest may not necessarily agree with. Some are more liberal in some areas, and some are stricter in some areas.

I can say this from my time at Heartland and Southwest: neither are Briders and neither encourage Briderism. And after my time there, I view Briderism as heretical. I don't know what HBBC students you have spoken with, but as an alum, I apologize because that is not what HBBC or SWBC are about. I spent 3 years in the dorm, and 7 years either as a student or on staff. There are many...interesting...theological discussions that happen in a Bible college dormitory, but never once did I ever hear of Briderism spoken of in a positive light.
Just a simple point of clarity. As in every doctrine, there are "degrees", so too in "Briderism".

You mentioned a form, quite trict, in which only true Baptists make up the Bride and will be raptured (leading me to conclude that in that view, other saved people will be left behind), I have never actually run across that particular expression of that view. What I run across much more commonly is, all the saved will be raptured, but, only the Bride sits at the head table, the rest are merely guests at the marriage supper.

Drive around Washington State a little.

To whatever "degree" you want to take Briderism, neither SWBC nor HBBC teach, practice, or endorse it. They would oppose it.

Twisted said:
Does Southwest accept non-Baptist baptism?

No, they don't.

Justified said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
Justified said:
There are certainly students that come from a variety of backgrounds of independent Baptists. Some of which hold positions that Southwest may not necessarily agree with. Some are more liberal in some areas, and some are stricter in some areas.

I can say this from my time at Heartland and Southwest: neither are Briders and neither encourage Briderism. And after my time there, I view Briderism as heretical. I don't know what HBBC students you have spoken with, but as an alum, I apologize because that is not what HBBC or SWBC are about. I spent 3 years in the dorm, and 7 years either as a student or on staff. There are many...interesting...theological discussions that happen in a Bible college dormitory, but never once did I ever hear of Briderism spoken of in a positive light.
Just a simple point of clarity. As in every doctrine, there are "degrees", so too in "Briderism".

You mentioned a form, quite trict, in which only true Baptists make up the Bride and will be raptured (leading me to conclude that in that view, other saved people will be left behind), I have never actually run across that particular expression of that view. What I run across much more commonly is, all the saved will be raptured, but, only the Bride sits at the head table, the rest are merely guests at the marriage supper.

To whatever "degree" you want to take Briderism, neither SWBC nor HBBC teach, practice, or endorse it. They would oppose it.

Twisted said:

No, they don't.

Briders don't either.  Nor do Landmarkers.

So they teach that only Baptist baptism is scriptural?  That's a Brider tenant.

Twisted said:
Justified said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
Justified said:

Twisted said:

No, they don't.

In fairness to SWBC, holding a "tenets" of "Briderism" doesn't make one a Brider.

I hold "tenets" of "Briderism" but I am clearly not one (I'm close communion for instance, and no Brider that I know would hold that position).

Perhaps the best answer is, Baptists believe in "Individual Soul Liberty". To me, that includes the liberty to hold one position (what scriptural authourity will I accept in regards to baptism) while holding another position (close vs closed communion) as well as any other position I see scriptural to hold.

Without meaning to sound trite, I can mix and match those positions as I see the scriptures teach them and don't have to hold them exactly the same as the guy down the road, or the guy with a label like "Brider". They're mine to decide, and just because I hold one doesn't mean I hold them according to any pre-approved list.

ItinerantPreacher said:
Twisted said:
Justified said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
Justified said:

Twisted said:

No, they don't.

In fairness to SWBC, holding a "tenets" of "Briderism" doesn't make one a Brider.

I hold "tenets" of "Briderism" but I am clearly not one (I'm close communion for instance, and no Brider that I know would hold that position).

Perhaps the best answer is, Baptists believe in "Individual Soul Liberty". To me, that includes the liberty to hold one position (what scriptural authourity will I accept in regards to baptism) while holding another position (close vs closed communion) as well as any other position I see scriptural to hold.

Without meaning to sound trite, I can mix and match those positions as I see the scriptures teach them and don't have to hold them exactly the same as the guy down the road, or the guy with a label like "Brider". They're mine to decide, and just because I hold one doesn't mean I hold them according to any pre-approved list.

Of course you are correct.

I'll wait to see what Justified says is the reason they only accept Baptist baptism.  Of course there won't be a scriptural reason given, just a man-made one.  But we'll see.

Twisted said:

I'll wait to see what Justified says is the reason they only accept Baptist baptism.  Of course there won't be a scriptural reason given, just a man-made one.  But we'll see.

lol This is like saying all KJVOs are Ruckmanites because all Ruckmanites are KJVO.

I have no intention of getting into a baptism or any other debate. If you want to know why they only accept Baptist baptism, call and ask them, or go to a service. I'm sure they'll be willing to explain. But, only accepting Baptist baptism is a far cry from saying that only Baptists will be raptured or that Baptists will hold some special place at the Supper of the Lamb. You can disagree with Southwest, Windsor, or whoever, on this issue or any other issue, and that's fine, but don't misrepresent them.

Justified said:
Twisted said:

lol This is like saying all KJVOs are Ruckmanites because all Ruckmanites are KJVO.

I have no intention of getting into a baptism or any other debate. If you want to know why they only accept Baptist baptism, call and ask them, or go to a service. I'm sure they'll be willing to explain. But, only accepting Baptist baptism is a far cry from saying that only Baptists will be raptured or that Baptists will hold some special place at the Supper of the Lamb. You can disagree with Southwest, Windsor, or whoever, on this issue or any other issue, and that's fine, but don't misrepresent them.

You claimed to have been on staff and don't know.  Fair enough.

Let's just say that their "Baptist only" baptism is closer to the Brider position than that of the last 3 Baptist churches I've been a member of.  Deep down they believe that being baptized in a Baptist church is more "scriptural".  Total nonsense.

Twisted said:

Let's just say that their "Baptist only" baptism is closer to the Brider position than that of the last 3 Baptist churches I've been a member of.  Deep down they believe that being baptized in a Baptist church is more "scriptural".  Total nonsense.

I'm not going to be baited. "Let' just say" you don't know what you're talking about. I came to respond to ridiculous allegations that Southwest taught Briderism. I'm not going to get caught up in the intricacies of why they do everything they do for three reasons: a message board is a poor place compared to face-to-face, I'm not a current member, and I suspect no answer would satisfy you and you've already decided they're guilty of espousing Briderism no matter what any one says.

Justified said:
Twisted said:

I'm not going to be baited. "Let' just say" you don't know what you're talking about. I came to respond to ridiculous allegations that Southwest taught Briderism. I'm not going to get caught up in the intricacies of why they do everything they do for three reasons: a message board is a poor place compared to face-to-face, I'm not a current member, and I suspect no answer would satisfy you and you've already decided they're guilty of espousing Briderism no matter what any one says.

LOL!  Don't worry about it.  I'm just messin' with you.

Twisted said:
Justified said:
Twisted said:

LOL!  Don't worry about it.  I'm just messin' with you.

Justified : i never stated that SWBC taught it im just saying that there were students that held that position via their home church....*

The other issues is more isolated involving Baptist in general.
WHBC does not hold to the "baptist briders" or the "baptist are more special than others " doctrine
SWBC or primarily HBBC does have many students who promote this and they prob got it from their home churches but it isnt preached against at SWBC

I do love riling up the system lab rats from both sides !!

Heartland/Southwest won the War but OBC's legacy lives on thanks to Caleb G, the Triple O.G.