The Shack

TidesofTruth

Elect
Reaction score
On several occasion in church, at a youth revival and in High School Chapel Jack Schaap told the story that was from the fictional book "The Shack".  When I first heard from his own lips, him tell the story I immediately knew the book because I wrote a review of it several years earlier.  I could not believe my ears that from the Pulpit of First Baptist Church of Hammond this story was being propagated not only from the pulpit but to our kids.  I wrote several letters to Jack Schaap with request to address the issue and was turned down cold.  I found out that he and some other staff members were giving this book out in counseling sessions and recommending the reading of this book for those who were having trouble reconciling what God does in someone's life to what they think God should do. 

If I find out that any other staffer is still propagating this heresy I am going to pastor with it immediately and there will be Holy Hell in the Church House if it is not stopped immediately. I will not stand idly by waiting for my letter to be rejected for a Matthew 18 meeting ever again!

If you have a copy of this book you should throw it out immediately.  It is a vile piece of heresy written with by a sexually abused man who had severe daddy issues who could not relate to God as a father.  This "author" devised a god of his own making.  His hatred for the local or any church is palpable.  His hatred for his father is palpable and his inability to relate to God as a son would relate to a father allows a wicked creation in which a god, supposing to be our God, comes to him as a black feminist woman, goddess worship and the blasphemous representation of a Asian woman as a holy spirit.  In the book heresies such as:

God the Father was crucified with Jesus

On the cross God forgave all of humanity Universal Salvation.

All governments are evil church and civil

God submits to human decisions

God is not a God of Justice because He is limited by his love.

No torment in Hell.  No eternal judgment.

There are many paths to heaven.  Get on your own path and Jesus will meet up with you there.

Jesus is transforming as we do.

Even some of the most "liberal" such as Mark Driscoll,  in this country rejected this book as heretical  and yet Schaap was heralding it.

The over encompassing heresy of The Shack is that God will transform Himself into whatever you are comfortable with so that you can have a relationship on your own terms.

FBCH member if you or your children have this book in your bookshelf REPENT of it and BURN IT!

We are visiting iniquity to the third and fourth generation if we allow this idolatry into our lives.

[quote author=TidesofTruth]Even some of the most "liberal" such as Mark Driscoll,  in this country...[/quote]

Bwahahahaha

TidesofTruth said:
On several occasion in church, at a youth revival and in High School Chapel Jack Schaap told the story that was from the fictional book "The Shack".  When I first hear from his own lips tell the story I immediately knew the book because I wrote a review of it several years earlier.  I could not believe my ears that from the Pulpit of First Baptist Church of Hammond this story was being propagated not only from the pulpit but to our kids.  I wrote several letters to Jack Schaap with request to address the issue and was turned down cold.  I found out that he and some other staff members were giving this book out in counseling sessions and recommending the reading of this book for those who were having trouble reconciling what God does in someone's life to what they think God should do.  If I find out that any other staffer is still propagating this heresy I am going to pastor with it immediately and there will be Holy Hell in the Church House if it is not stopped immediately. I will not stand idly by waiting for my letter to be rejected for a Matthew 18 meeting ever again!

If you have a copy of this book you should throw it out immediately.  It is a vile piece of heresy written with by a sexually abused man who had severe daddy issues who could not relate to God as a father.  This "author" devised a god of his own making.  His hatred for the local or any church is palpable.  His hatred for his father is palpable and his inability to relate to God as a son would relate to a father allows a wicked creation in which a god, supposing to be our God, comes to him as a black feminist woman, goddess worship and the blasphemous representation of a Asian woman as a holy spirit.  In the book heresies such as:

There are many paths to heaven.  Get on your own path and Jesus will meet up with you there.

Even some of the most "liberal" such as Mark Driscoll,  in this country rejected this book as heretical  and yet Schaap was heralding it.

The over encompassing heresy of The Shack is that God will transform Himself into whatever you are comfortable with so that you can have a relationship on your own terms.

FBCH member if you or your children have this book in your bookshelf REPENT of it and BURN IT!

We are visiting iniquity to the third and fourth generation if we allow this idolatry into our lives.

I don't know how long you have been a member of FBCH, so if you already know this, my apologies.

Our church has a long history of pastors reading from wicked vile books in the pulpit.

I sat and listened to this and thought it was great preaching, I was so desensitized by his preaching.

This is from a sermon preached from the pulpit of the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana on Sunday Evening May 23, 1971. This is printed in volume 1 & 2 of the book Hammond First Baptist Pulpit. (most all the sermons of Bro. Hyles from 1970 to 1972 are in this volume)

This sermon starts off without any scripture at all. Starts on p. 1253

The first text used is on p. 1256 "Dare the School Build a New Social Order" by George Counts 1932  p1256

Next "The Great Technology" Dr. Harold Rugg 1933    p1256

"The Techniques of Communism" by Louis Budenz 1945      p1257

No scripture yet.

p 1258 more wicked ungodly books

p1259 still more

p 1260  We are getting to the bad stuff I will carefully quote as I may be banned because of the language used.

"The Stray Kitten" by Richard Wright on p 54 "Kill the ____ thing" he spelled it out. When you read the book there it is. In clear type just like you were reading the book yourself.

He went on and on reading this stuff and spelling out every word.

"The Colt" by Willis Stegner on page 127 "blank blank you, blank blank your wild hearts" in the book you read God's name in stead of the blank. He spelled out every word letter by letter, carefully so you would get every letter, in your mind you are saying the words over and over.

This was just ungodly.

p 1261 "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck p94 "This here blankety blanked son of a blank wasn't nothin' to George"

In Hammond Baptist Pulpit this stuff is not in any code but is spelled out as plan as day. In clear type.

In this one sermon he quoted dozens of wicked books. He did not use even one verse from the Bible at any time in the whole sermon.

I am not going to list any more. I would encourage you to look up a copy of Hammond Baptist Pulpit, if you don't believe it.

Bro. Hyles used this kind of vulgarity and cursing  regularly in his sermons. We were totally desensitized to having him curse in code. He used code but we of course knew exactly how to decode it so the vulgar words went through our minds over and over as he preached.

Here is his well known favorite coded curse, "Dirty bricker bracker pack a loma slater rip son of a blankity blank".

I have heard that from his lips hundreds of times and I used to laugh about it. It was kind of cute. No more.

Here he was cursing in the pulpit and getting away with it. Well it is not very funny now after all these years and seeing what his kind of preaching produces.

I believe his curse word string is what his father said to him hundreds maybe thousands of times as a child. It was a part of Bro. Hyles he could never shake. His dad was a wicked vile whoremonger of a man, heavy drinker. No wonder it continued in his family.

A few years ago Bro. Schaap preached a sermon called "Generational Demons". It was not a Bible sermon but was more of a personal testimony representing the Hyles family.

So when Bro. Schaap would go vulgar and dirty we were used to it, I confess I never really thought anything about it being out of order, it was just like Bro. Hyles.

Again I believe I was completely desensitized because of the wicked stuff we heard Bro. Hyles use.

It now seems beyond appalling that we would have allowed this for so many years.

We truly need to repent individually and corporately.

BG

You read my other post "from Just a Member" details out my years.

I was addressing Doctrine.  You were addressing immoral words.  I heard all those replacement words used.  Unfortunately the reports from Schaap's private tirade he did not have control of his tongue whatsoever and did not use replacement words.  I never heard it but I trust those who did.  A man who fails to hold check on his tongue will fail to hold control of himself James 3

Staffers ought to get repentant in this area.  I am not perfect but I cannot even imagine using language, innuendo filthy talk as been reported to me.

But again I was speaking of the vile blasphemies of doctrine.

BTW We know each other.

TidesofTruth said:
On several occasion in church, at a youth revival and in High School Chapel Jack Schaap told the story that was from the fictional book "The Shack".  When I first heard from his own lips, him tell the story I immediately knew the book because I wrote a review of it several years earlier.  I could not believe my ears that from the Pulpit of First Baptist Church of Hammond this story was being propagated not only from the pulpit but to our kids.  I wrote several letters to Jack Schaap with request to address the issue and was turned down cold.  I found out that he and some other staff members were giving this book out in counseling sessions and recommending the reading of this book for those who were having trouble reconciling what God does in someone's life to what they think God should do. 

If I find out that any other staffer is still propagating this heresy I am going to pastor with it immediately and there will be Holy Hell in the Church House if it is not stopped immediately. I will not stand idly by waiting for my letter to be rejected for a Matthew 18 meeting ever again!

You are correct in your assessment.

That is one vile insidious book.

Is this where Jack Schaap got the story of the boy who was gang-raped and then forced into silence by a bully who threatened to behead him the way he beheaded a baby bunny in front of him? He told that story so many times, and by the end...I impudently put my hands on my ears and refused to listen, it was so offensive.

TidesofTruth, You are not a member of FBC of Hammond.

Your statements in this Topic have the tone of criticism and perceived potential future disloyalty against FBC of Hammond. You have also threatened FBC of Hammond with holy He*l. FBCH corporate leadership can easily interpret this as you threatening to cause violence or division inside their (not your) church building at some point in the future.

From what I recall, according to your new constitution, you are in serious breach.

You are automatically disqualified from FBCH membership according to your new church constitution because of your comments.

Sadly, you have covenanted before man and heaven to abide by that constitution since you have not withdrawn your membership (this also in the new constitution). Therefore, you are not a member any more of FBCH according to your new church constitution and the covenant you have made to follow it and also I assume to honor it.

If you need help finding a new church I am sure someone on this forum can help you.

Do not bother calling Mr. Gibbs for legal help in your precarious predicament. He wrote your constitution.

North said:

Your statements in this Topic have the tone of criticism and perceived potential future disloyalty against FBC of Hammond. You have also threatened FBC of Hammond with holy He*l. FBCH corporate leadership can easily interpret this as you threatening to cause violence or division inside their (not your) church building at some point in the future.

From what I recall, according to your new constitution, you are in serious breach.

You are automatically disqualified from FBCH membership according to your new church constitution because of your comments.

Sadly, you have covenanted before man and heaven to abide by that constitution since you have not withdrawn your membership (this also in the new constitution). Therefore, you are not a member any more of FBCH according to your new church constitution and the covenant you have made to follow it and also I assume to honor it.

If you need help finding a new church I am sure someone on this forum can help you.

Do not bother calling Mr. Gibbs for legal help in your precarious predicament. He wrote your constitution.

It is loyalty to my church and to the God of my church to hold to the doctrine I have received and reject those who would hold God in such contempt to propagate such wickedness.  Want to try me.  Bring it.  I did not threaten violence but I will not allow it to stand without massive uproar.  I think I have the numbers to keep me if I laid out my position.  BG You in?

BTW I don't think there would be any fight whatsoever.  I just want to make sure that staffers are done with this garbage and put them on notice that there will be issues if it is propagated. 

TidesofTruth said:
North said:

It is loyalty to my church and to the God of my church to hold to the doctrine I have received and reject those who would hold God in such contempt to propagate such wickedness.  Want to try me.  Bring it.  I did not threaten violence but I will not allow it to stand without massive uproar.  I think I have the numbers to keep me if I laid out my position.  BG You in?

BTW I don't think there would be any fight whatsoever.  I just want to make sure that staffers are done with this garbage and put them on notice that there will be issues if it is propagated.

Well I can attest to the fact that nothing that North said about the new Corporate By-Laws is true.

I think he was being sarcastic.

I can also attest to the fact that Gibbs did not write the new By-Laws, he tried but failed, they were rewritten.

bgwilkinson said:
Well I can attest to the fact that nothing that North said about the new Corporate By-Laws is true.

I can also attest to the fact that Gibbs did not write the new By-Laws, he tried but failed, they were rewritten.

My understanding anyway is that there is a committee I can bring the issue to if I cannot get satisfaction from Pastor however I would be SHOCKED if he did not correct it immediately.

bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
North said:

TOT doesn't know the sarcastic and rude leanings of our ilk yet, but I hope he or she catches on and doesn't get offended! ;)

TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:

My understanding anyway is that there is a committee I can bring the issue to if I cannot get satisfaction from Pastor however I would be SHOCKED if he did not correct it immediately.

You are referring to the discipline committee.

bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:

You are referring to the discipline committee.

LOL  Yes  It is time to get going.

I was being sarcastic.

What I said about the constitution were, believe it or not, the actual rumors going around when FBCH was drafting it. I was more ridiculing the rumors than anything else.

bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
On several occasion in church, at a youth revival and in High School Chapel Jack Schaap told the story that was from the fictional book "The Shack".  When I first hear from his own lips tell the story I immediately knew the book because I wrote a review of it several years earlier.  I could not believe my ears that from the Pulpit of First Baptist Church of Hammond this story was being propagated not only from the pulpit but to our kids.  I wrote several letters to Jack Schaap with request to address the issue and was turned down cold.  I found out that he and some other staff members were giving this book out in counseling sessions and recommending the reading of this book for those who were having trouble reconciling what God does in someone's life to what they think God should do.  If I find out that any other staffer is still propagating this heresy I am going to pastor with it immediately and there will be Holy Hell in the Church House if it is not stopped immediately. I will not stand idly by waiting for my letter to be rejected for a Matthew 18 meeting ever again!

I don't know how long you have been a member of FBCH, so if you already know this, my apologies.

Our church has a long history of pastors reading from wicked vile books in the pulpit.

I sat and listened to this and thought it was great preaching, I was so desensitized by his preaching.

This is from a sermon preached from the pulpit of the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana on Sunday Evening May 23, 1971. This is printed in volume 1 & 2 of the book Hammond First Baptist Pulpit. (most all the sermons of Bro. Hyles from 1970 to 1972 are in this volume)

This sermon starts off without any scripture at all. Starts on p. 1253

The first text used is on p. 1256 "Dare the School Build a New Social Order" by George Counts 1932  p1256

Next "The Great Technology" Dr. Harold Rugg 1933    p1256

"The Techniques of Communism" by Louis Budenz 1945      p1257

No scripture yet.

p 1258 more wicked ungodly books

p1259 still more

p 1260  We are getting to the bad stuff I will carefully quote as I may be banned because of the language used.

"The Stray Kitten" by Richard Wright on p 54 "Kill the ____ thing" he spelled it out. When you read the book there it is. In clear type just like you were reading the book yourself.

He went on and on reading this stuff and spelling out every word.

"The Colt" by Willis Stegner on page 127 "blank blank you, blank blank your wild hearts" in the book you read God's name in stead of the blank. He spelled out every word letter by letter, carefully so you would get every letter, in your mind you are saying the words over and over.

This was just ungodly.

p 1261 "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck p94 "This here blankety blanked son of a blank wasn't nothin' to George"

In Hammond Baptist Pulpit this stuff is not in any code but is spelled out as plan as day. In clear type.

In this one sermon he quoted dozens of wicked books. He did not use even one verse from the Bible at any time in the whole sermon.

I am not going to list any more. I would encourage you to look up a copy of Hammond Baptist Pulpit, if you don't believe it.

Bro. Hyles used this kind of vulgarity and cursing  regularly in his sermons. We were totally desensitized to having him curse in code. He used code but we of course knew exactly how to decode it so the vulgar words went through our minds over and over as he preached.

Here is his well known favorite coded curse, "Dirty bricker bracker pack a loma slater rip son of a blankity blank".

I have heard that from his lips hundreds of times and I used to laugh about it. It was kind of cute. No more.

Here he was cursing in the pulpit and getting away with it. Well it is not very funny now after all these years and seeing what his kind of preaching produces.

I believe his curse word string is what his father said to him hundreds maybe thousands of times as a child. It was a part of Bro. Hyles he could never shake. His dad was a wicked vile whoremonger of a man, heavy drinker. No wonder it continued in his family.

A few years ago Bro. Schaap preached a sermon called "Generational Demons". It was not a Bible sermon but was more of a personal testimony representing the Hyles family.

So when Bro. Schaap would go vulgar and dirty we were used to it, I confess I never really thought anything about it being out of order, it was just like Bro. Hyles.

Again I believe I was completely desensitized because of the wicked stuff we heard Bro. Hyles use.

It now seems beyond appalling that we would have allowed this for so many years.

We truly need to repent individually and corporately.

DO YOU KNOW WHEN THIS WAS PREACHED?

I never really paid a lot of attention to it at the time.

I didn't really start thinking about it until his little fall. Then it seemed very relevant to the situation.

If I had a date I might be able to get a copy of it.

It may have been about 4 years ago.

I for sure do not remember the date.

bgwilkinson said:

I didn't really start thinking about it until his little fall. Than it seemed very relevant to the situation.

His first Generational Iniquity sermon was year 1 or 2.  No later than 2 but it may not be the one you are referring to.

TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:

I didn't really start thinking about it until his little fall. Than it seemed very relevant to the situation.

His first Generational Iniquity sermon was year 1 or 2.  No later than 2 but it may not be the one you are referring to.

If it was 2001 2002 2003 I have it but there are no names only dates.

bgwilkinson said:
TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:

If it was 2001 2002 2003 I have it but there are no names only dates.

Names were on the MP3 cover but all those may have been destroyed.