The Shack

I'll have to check the archive of original tapes.

TidesofTruth said:
On several occasion in church, at a youth revival and in High School Chapel Jack Schaap told the story that was from the fictional book "The Shack".  When I first heard from his own lips, him tell the story I immediately knew the book because I wrote a review of it several years earlier.  I could not believe my ears that from the Pulpit of First Baptist Church of Hammond this story was being propagated not only from the pulpit but to our kids.  I wrote several letters to Jack Schaap with request to address the issue and was turned down cold.  I found out that he and some other staff members were giving this book out in counseling sessions and recommending the reading of this book for those who were having trouble reconciling what God does in someone's life to what they think God should do. 

If I find out that any other staffer is still propagating this heresy I am going to pastor with it immediately and there will be Holy Hell in the Church House if it is not stopped immediately. I will not stand idly by waiting for my letter to be rejected for a Matthew 18 meeting ever again!

If you have a copy of this book you should throw it out immediately.  It is a vile piece of heresy written with by a sexually abused man who had severe daddy issues who could not relate to God as a father.  This "author" devised a god of his own making.  His hatred for the local or any church is palpable.  His hatred for his father is palpable and his inability to relate to God as a son would relate to a father allows a wicked creation in which a god, supposing to be our God, comes to him as a black feminist woman, goddess worship and the blasphemous representation of a Asian woman as a holy spirit.  In the book heresies such as:

God the Father was crucified with Jesus

On the cross God forgave all of humanity Universal Salvation.

All governments are evil church and civil

God submits to human decisions

God is not a God of Justice because He is limited by his love.

No torment in Hell.  No eternal judgment.

There are many paths to heaven.  Get on your own path and Jesus will meet up with you there.

Jesus is transforming as we do.

Even some of the most "liberal" such as Mark Driscoll,  in this country rejected this book as heretical  and yet Schaap was heralding it.

The over encompassing heresy of The Shack is that God will transform Himself into whatever you are comfortable with so that you can have a relationship on your own terms.

FBCH member if you or your children have this book in your bookshelf REPENT of it and BURN IT!

We are visiting iniquity to the third and fourth generation if we allow this idolatry into our lives.

Do you actually know anything about Mark Driscoll?

TidesofTruth said:
bgwilkinson said:
I never really paid a lot of attention to it at the time.

I didn't really start thinking about it until his little fall. Than it seemed very relevant to the situation.

If I had a date I might be able to get a copy of it.

It may have been about 4 years ago.

I for sure do not remember the date.

His first Generational Iniquity sermon was year 1 or 2.  No later than 2 but it may not be the one you are referring to.

He taught it and preached it in college during the mid-90's

BALAAM said:
TidesofTruth said:
On several occasion in church, at a youth revival and in High School Chapel Jack Schaap told the story that was from the fictional book "The Shack".  When I first heard from his own lips, him tell the story I immediately knew the book because I wrote a review of it several years earlier.  I could not believe my ears that from the Pulpit of First Baptist Church of Hammond this story was being propagated not only from the pulpit but to our kids.  I wrote several letters to Jack Schaap with request to address the issue and was turned down cold.  I found out that he and some other staff members were giving this book out in counseling sessions and recommending the reading of this book for those who were having trouble reconciling what God does in someone's life to what they think God should do. 

If I find out that any other staffer is still propagating this heresy I am going to pastor with it immediately and there will be Holy Hell in the Church House if it is not stopped immediately. I will not stand idly by waiting for my letter to be rejected for a Matthew 18 meeting ever again!

If you have a copy of this book you should throw it out immediately.  It is a vile piece of heresy written with by a sexually abused man who had severe daddy issues who could not relate to God as a father.  This "author" devised a god of his own making.  His hatred for the local or any church is palpable.  His hatred for his father is palpable and his inability to relate to God as a son would relate to a father allows a wicked creation in which a god, supposing to be our God, comes to him as a black feminist woman, goddess worship and the blasphemous representation of a Asian woman as a holy spirit.  In the book heresies such as:

God the Father was crucified with Jesus

On the cross God forgave all of humanity Universal Salvation.

All governments are evil church and civil

God submits to human decisions

God is not a God of Justice because He is limited by his love.

No torment in Hell.  No eternal judgment.

There are many paths to heaven.  Get on your own path and Jesus will meet up with you there.

Jesus is transforming as we do.

Even some of the most "liberal" such as Mark Driscoll,  in this country rejected this book as heretical  and yet Schaap was heralding it.

The over encompassing heresy of The Shack is that God will transform Himself into whatever you are comfortable with so that you can have a relationship on your own terms.

FBCH member if you or your children have this book in your bookshelf REPENT of it and BURN IT!

We are visiting iniquity to the third and fourth generation if we allow this idolatry into our lives.

Do you actually know anything about Mark Driscoll?

Yes.  Why.  I have never lived as an adult in a bubble.