The Worthless Thread for Specifically Increasing Post Numbers

fishinnut said:
Chiggers will  make life miserable for anyone...... :-\

The other iggers will too.

Can't believe a little high voltage lightning would halt a football game.

No AC in the ward today because it's "Fall".

90 degrees inside.

Twisted said:

90 degrees inside.
I imagine it gets pretty hot since the windows won't open...

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:

90 degrees inside.
Ask them to loosen the straps on your straightjacket.

Thankfully they changed the jacket to a cotton blend instead of wool.

Always like the first day of the month.

I'm issued a new razor blade, whether I need it or not.

Personally, I'm sick of all the click-bait garbage on Facebook about the Vegas murders.

Even Christians have come out with crap to get your attention.  Shame on them.

Nuther Hurricane coming to N'orleans.  Bush better get there quick with some dynamite to blow up the levies!

16KJV11 said:
Good day to all Hackers.

Bad day for all non-HACkers. 

Hey, you had your chance.

We IFB's are often accused of man worship and yest, many are quite guilty of having love-fests with their preacher hero during their sermons singing their praises.
But today I was somewhat taken aback by the preaching of a  pastor named William Rogers, senior pastor of Grace Fellowship Church in Bradenton, FL.  I am thinking about preaching about Spiritual gifts and have been listening to several preachers in their messages regarding this topic.
I wasn't too far into the message before I realized where Pastor Rogers got most of his info, from the book by John MacArthur called the Charismatics.  I have read the book, like it, and recommend it.  However, then Pastor Rogers begins to drop the name MacArthur.  Then, he gives the testimony of John MacArthur's surrender to God's will.  Rogers then began to talk about the different Spiritual gifts that are in use today, one is prophecy, which is the ability to speak the truth publicly.  Rogers talks about his own call to preach, fear of public speaking, etc. But then he says something to the effect that he could never compare to that preaching dynamo "John MacArthur."  (Not a direct quote, but pretty close)  In about 45 minutes, he must have spent 6 minutes talking directly about MacArthur and used his name at least 5 other times, and the sermon went on for 30 minutes more of which I wasn't able to listen to.
I thought only IFB's which many here consider cults talk about their leaders like that.
If you want to hear the message, (which I actually did enjoy for the most part), feel free to go to SermonAudio.com and search for this pastor and this series of sermons about Spiritual gifts.
BTW, I've heard preachers perform man-worship during their sermons, but Pastor Rogers here probably is in the top 10 culprits as to number of times he used MacArthur's name, and the time he took talking about him.

16KJV11 said:
We IFB's are often accused of man worship and yest, many are quite guilty of having love-fests with their preacher hero during their sermons singing their praises.
But today I was somewhat taken aback by the preaching of a  pastor named William Rogers, senior pastor of Grace Fellowship Church in Bradenton, FL.  I am thinking about preaching about Spiritual gifts and have been listening to several preachers in their messages regarding this topic.
I wasn't too far into the message before I realized where Pastor Rogers got most of his info, from the book by John MacArthur called the Charismatics.  I have read the book, like it, and recommend it.  However, then Pastor Rogers begins to drop the name MacArthur.  Then, he gives the testimony of John MacArthur's surrender to God's will.  Rogers then began to talk about the different Spiritual gifts that are in use today, one is prophecy, which is the ability to speak the truth publicly.  Rogers talks about his own call to preach, fear of public speaking, etc. But then he says something to the effect that he could never compare to that preaching dynamo "John MacArthur."  (Not a direct quote, but pretty close)  In about 45 minutes, he must have spent 6 minutes talking directly about MacArthur and used his name at least 5 other times, and the sermon went on for 30 minutes more of which I wasn't able to listen to.
I thought only IFB's which many here consider cults talk about their leaders like that.
If you want to hear the message, (which I actually did enjoy for the most part), feel free to go to SermonAudio.com and search for this pastor and this series of sermons about Spiritual gifts.
BTW, I've heard preachers perform man-worship during their sermons, but Pastor Rogers here probably is in the top 10 culprits as to number of times he used MacArthur's name, and the time he took talking about him.

Maybe he was just being honest in telling that he didn't do all the work for his message, but the other guy did.

Most IFB preachers, when preaching another man's material, never give credit.

Twisted said:
16KJV11 said:

Maybe he was just being honest in telling that he didn't do all the work for his message, but the other guy did.

Most IFB preachers, when preaching another man's material, never give credit.
I'm sure there was some credit giving, but I knows man worship when I hears man worship.

16KJV11 said:
I'm sure there was some credit giving, but I knows man worship when I hears man worship.

Where did you learn that skill?

Twisted said:
16KJV11 said:

In the WARD, child, in the WARD!

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
16KJV11 said:

In the WARD, child, in the WARD!

Ah....YES....much is learned in the ward.

Just watched a YouTube of some Canadian going d2d.  He met some Russian guy working in the apt. doing some remodel.  The man was kind and listened, he had broken English, and the Canadian led him thru a 1-2-3 pray after me fiasco.

When I commented and told him CS Lovett and Jack Hyles would be proud, he took it as a compliment.  When I replied that those guys used techniques instead of the Holy Spirit, then he took offense.

Oh well, I'm sure it's just me, but I'm bothered by those who "witness" like that.

Twisted said:
Just watched a YouTube of some Canadian going d2d.  He met some Russian guy working in the apt. doing some remodel.  The man was kind and listened, he had broken English, and the Canadian led him thru a 1-2-3 pray after me fiasco.

When I commented and told him CS Lovett and Jack Hyles would be proud, he took it as a compliment.  When I replied that those guys used techniques instead of the Holy Spirit, then he took offense.

Oh well, I'm sure it's just me, but I'm bothered by those who "witness" like that.
Uggg!!!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk